Sea Legs October 14- Friday Night

Info on Fishing Party Boats in the South Florida Area.
sepaik
KING MACKEREL

Sea Legs October 14- Friday Night

Post by sepaik »

Well, after all the wind we had last week and a week of no fishing I was dying to get back out. The boat was relatively full with about 20 fairs and the night was cool and the seas were calm at about less than 3 ft. Our first stop at about 80 ft produced grovers and some nice yellowtails. Most were coming from the bottom. The captain decided to move and I really didn't understand why because fish were coming up from that spot. I guess the rest of the boat wasn't catching enough fish.

Second stop we dropped anchor but pulled up to move almost immediately because we had too much current and was hard to hold bottom. Even though some of us that was flatlining pulled in a few tails.

Our third stop we anchored at about 50 ft. It was on. Tail after tail and some decent Mangroves came up. Nice size tails too.One guy had a fish on I swore it was a shark or a huge Mutton, but when it came up it was the biggest Yellowtail I have ever seen. I caught my share of tails a few groves. George won the pool with a 5lbs Mutton and Jesus had a 3lb Mangrove.

There is a nice picture of the mangrove on the Sea Legs facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... 8958763138
Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~Henry David Thoreau

fishnfool73
AMBASSADOR to the... BF FORUM

Re: Sea Legs October 14- Friday Night

Post by fishnfool73 »

Was that guy not in the pool that yt is way over 5 lbs.
Dreaming the dream that one day I can be as good as some of the boatless pros and catch some 12 inch mangrove snapper.

sepaik
KING MACKEREL

Post by sepaik »

fishnfool73 wrote:Was that guy not in the pool that yt is way over 5 lbs.
:scold:
Nope he wasn't. I wanted to weigh that sucker but he bolted after the trip.
Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~Henry David Thoreau

cudaman
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by cudaman »

That's one nice YT.

Return to “Party/Head Boats Info”