Morrocan receipe

Recipes for Fish and things that go with it, also Fileting and Cleaning tips.
Post Reply
User avatar
BeachHead
Fisher
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2006 1:22 am
Location: Hallandale Beach

Morrocan receipe

Post by BeachHead »

I'd like to share with you a delicious & simple dish.
It works with freshwater or salwater fish equally. I prefer saltwater white meat fish fillets.

Ingredients for 2 pounds of fish:

- 2 small or 1 big onion
- 1 lemon and 1 orange (juices & peels)
- 1 cup of sour cream
- salt & pepper
- oil

In a saucepan heat the oil and throw in the chopped onion. Season with salt & pepper and stir fry it for 3-4 min. Take it aside and let it cool down for 5 min. Stir in the sour cream, citrus juices and the grated peels.
Put the filletes in an oiled baking dish, season with salt & pepper, and cover it throughfully with the sauce.
25-30 min. in preheated oven at 375 degrees will do the job.

This is the basic receipe. You can play around with herbs & veggies, use lime instead of orange, etc.. Either way it's about 1 hour from store/ocean/lake to table.

Enjoy!
Beachhead
Hallandale, FL

User avatar
BoatlessFisherman
Fisherman - Owner - Administrator
Posts: 5691
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2005 1:26 pm
Location: South Florida
Contact:

Post by BoatlessFisherman »

Nice Recipe, Thanks
-Tommy A-

click, click, click, Fish ON - Over, Under, Over, Under Get out of my Way. Sound familiar.

PBFisher
Seasoned Fisher
Posts: 249
Joined: Sat Jul 08, 2006 8:29 am
Location: West Palm Beach

Post by PBFisher »

OK just popped 2 snapper fillets in the oven prepared like this... I can't wait!

PBFisher
Seasoned Fisher
Posts: 249
Joined: Sat Jul 08, 2006 8:29 am
Location: West Palm Beach

Post by PBFisher »

Pleasing to behold. The amoma had me salivating. And it tasted really good. But we have to work on the spices. After salt and pepper, I start scratching my head. :?:

User avatar
Cookinman
FORUM CHEF "RETIRED"
Posts: 4561
Joined: Sat Apr 29, 2006 12:20 pm
Location: Coral Springs

Post by Cookinman »

Looks great and simple to make. Do you know many moroccan recipies?

I am loking for a good Charmoulah. Used as a spread like this, I used to prepare it when I was an apprentice at Casa Vecchia quite a few years back and have since lost the recipie.

I like this one though and will try it !
TEAM 'COOKIN' :
:chef: "Still building 'em one BAITCATCHER at a time " :chef:

Post Reply

Return to “Recipes and Fish Fileting and Cleaning Tips”