Bakers Haulover Inlet - 2009 Fishing Reports Only

This area is for Archived Pier fishing reports so those interested can go back in time and see what was being caught. This area will include all Old Pier Threads and any other fishing report threads that are archived.
IM CHUMMING
- Who Run It -

Re: Bakers Haulover Inlet Fishing Report Thread

Post by IM CHUMMING »

u can park under the bridge til 10 pm then, towed!!

NorthDadeNelson
Fisher

Post by NorthDadeNelson »

I have'nt been out in a while. I know with the rains the culverts and drainage areas here in North Dade the snook have been a little active. I have'nt been out in while however I see the same usaual suspects out near the C-9 wetting lines. As for Haulover, I heard that you can park there again (BOUT time!!!)
Dream like you will live for ever but live like you are dying today. In other words make every moment count.

GOD BLESS YOU AND YOURS

IM CHUMMING
- Who Run It -

Post by IM CHUMMING »

thanks for the report rebel33i

snapperfanatic18
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by snapperfanatic18 »

i AM LATIN TOO, BUT USUALLY EVERYONE THAT GOES OUT THERE BREAKS THE RULES. I DONT KNOW WHY BUT ITS JUST STUPIDITY. NO ONE CARES ABOUT ANYTHING . I FISH THERE ALOT SINCE I ONLY LIVE 5 MIN AWAY, BUT WHEN THE POMPS AND PERMIT ARE THICK, NO ONE SEES THE DAMAGE THEY ARE DOING. ALL THEY SEE IS TERRIFIC FISHING. NO ONE CAN EAT 10 PERMITS OF 15 POUNDS AND UP. THATS JUST REDICULOUS. AND I VE SEEN PEOPLE TAKE 40 POMPS A DAY AND COME BACK FOR MORE IN THE AFTERNOON. JUST YESTERDAY I FISHED THERE AND SOME DOMINICANS WERE GOING TO TAKE A SHORT MUTTON AND I TOLD THEM THEY COULDNT BCUZ IT WASNT 16INCHES AND FWC COMES OFTEN AND CHECKS. THEY MUST HAVE GOTTEN SCARED WHEN I TOLD THEM ABOUT THE FINES, (I KINDA OF LIED- TOLD THEM THE FINE IS 1000 DOLLARS :D ). BUT U CAN TELL THEY DIDNT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT FISHING OTHER THAN JUST CATCHING FISH.

snapperfanatic18
GOLIATH GROUPER

thats a good idea. i just think fwc just needs to get out more to these places. these places are often very productive when the fish are thick. i dont know if fwc has this mentality that most of the damage is done offshore, which is true of offshore species, but what about the inshore species? there just isnt enough of them patroling the shore. in one of my spots in the bay, i saw a black and spanish guy with a bucket full of grovers of i say no more than10 inches or barely making it. i couldnt hold it in and told them they need to get out of here and not fish here ever again, cuz i would call the police. i havent seen them since, but i rely on these spots to entertain myself, but with people like this, the bay can really take a hit. i used to catch 30 inch snook in the bay, now, im lucking if i can catch even 1. too much pressure and overfishing in the bays. even the cudas arent as plentiful as they were.

jqmustang
Fisher

Post by jqmustang »

Has anyone been catching any pomps off the jetty? havent been there in years

snapperfanatic18
GOLIATH GROUPER

sunday morning they caught a few but not alot. one guy caught one about 3 pounds. but we dont usually get them until feb-mar. thats when they get thick. before that its spotty or a good chance when we get a good se wind. the water has to be dirty. we havent even gotten any good macs yet. but the ladyfish are thick.

Pier2Pier
Fisher

Post by Pier2Pier »

Fished South portion of the inlet on Sunday from about 12 to 4:00 (outgoing tide). I caught several macks and baby kingfish. I was told that baby kings (about 13-17 inches) look very similar to Spanish macks and you had better know how to identify them because kings needs to be 24inches to be kept. Not knowing can be expensive. I tried Googling it but could find any pics. In addition, I caught about 3 blues (2 short and tons of bait). I saw a 28.25 inch snook caught and several more macks and blues. I stay away from the curved part of the inlet, way too many people.

I went back on Monday (5:30 pm to 7:00, outgoing tide). Had a few hits but only landed on 18 inch Mack. Tons of bait, more mullet than I have recently seen. One of the locals had a 31 inch snook and claims to have landed three additional that day (25, 26 an 41 inches in length).

I went back today and only caught two runners on the Sabiki (not a sexy catch, but way too much fun) and a pilchard.

I won't be able to get back out there until the week end and maybe not until the next weekend.

I for one never catch a lot at Haulover, though I love to five there. Free convenient parking great scenery and potentially a great fishery. I guess I will have to put more time on the water there and learn from the locals.

I will definitely learn how to catch permit there. Unlike the scene mentioned in the previous posts, I hope to land 10 to 20 but just keep my legal slot keeper.

Tight lines! :reeling:

snapperfanatic18
GOLIATH GROUPER

nice report. should let this wind calm down to at least 10-15 and the bit should get better. have to hurry and fish for permit, season is winding down. or as long as the cold fronts dont get here yet. some pomps should show but not like in feb and march.

caprifisher
Seasoned Fisher

Post by caprifisher »

Here is a link for the difference spanish Mack-Baby Kings viewtopic.php?f=19&t=10450 .Most people in Haulover just keep the Baby Kings ,even when I tell them there are kings and to small .Lately the ratio is almost 10-15 kings to 1 Spanish .Most people then suddenly dont speak english.....

Pier2Pier
Fisher

Post by Pier2Pier »

Thanks Carpfisher,

So your saying that the baby king mackerel in the picture is about 24 inches. My next question is, if that baby king were 18 inches, would the spots be more pronounced? The fish I caught had more pronounced spots that the picture, but more dark orange than yellow.

IM CHUMMING
- Who Run It -

Post by IM CHUMMING »

YEAH WHEN THERES CRAPPY WEATHER!

snapperfanatic18
GOLIATH GROUPER

GET OUT EARLY! :pistols:

IM CHUMMING
- Who Run It -

Post by IM CHUMMING »

OR JUST DRESS FUNNY AND TALK JIBBERISH IN SOME TYPE OF FOREIGN LANGUAGE AND JUST START CASTING OVER PPL :geek:

IM CHUMMING
- Who Run It -

Post by IM CHUMMING »

ON SECOND THOUGHT NAHHH DONT DO THAT DONT WANT YOU GETTING KILLED OVER URE LINE GETTING TANGLED.

snapperfanatic18
GOLIATH GROUPER

u know what, after i really think about it, it doesnt matter how early u get there, cuz if u just catch one fish, they will automatically come and throw near you. if they cross me, i magically cut their lines :uplol: and a say they got cut off! but yea, it doesnt matter if ur there early. but it sure does help if u are. during pomp season, forget about it, they will throw lines in every direction they can . over the top, under, sideways, diagonal, parallel, skip toss, leapfrog, it doesnt matter.

ricky9
Old Salt

Post by ricky9 »

went the other day, north side parking lot to see if there was bait at night. there was mullet and ladyfish....didnt see any tarpon but heard them splashing under the bridge right around the shadows....

Return to “Pier Fishing Reports, Threads Archive”