Sebastian Inlet "Fishing Reports" 2013

This area is for Archived Pier fishing reports so those interested can go back in time and see what was being caught. This area will include all Old Pier Threads and any other fishing report threads that are archived.
fixed80
BLACK FIN TUNA

Sebastian Inlet "Fishing Reports" 2013

Post by fixed80 »

its only been 3 days into the year and i already got f&#%**. A lady messed up on my annual pass so now im probably gonna have a hassle everytime i go into the state park. they punch one hole into your pass for the month the pass is bought and one hole for upcoming year. they do that so they can tell when it expires. but the lady at the booth.... she punched a hole for the right month but for the wrong year, 2013. she was asking me questions like whats the date, is it new years, is this information correct on the fill out forum. my gosh and Dam*t man. i shoulda just puched the hole myself for the year 2014 instead of let her do it lol. but anyway here is the catch. by the way i went to the beach to fish for more blues so i just took a pic of the fish i caught in Sebastian. oh yeah and the fog was real thick to today up here.

fishboy
Old Salt

Re: Sebastian Inlet reports 2013

Post by fishboy »

Sucks about the pass. Maybe you could ask her to give you a new one? The Sebastian annual passes are really expensive! Any way, thanks for the report. It seems the blues are all over the coast. They were at playalinda yesterday too.

sealman
Fisher

Re: Sebastian Inlet "Fishing Reports" 2013

Post by sealman »

there great fun when everything else has lock jaw tlg

edddieo
Fisher

Post by edddieo »

Cool Picts any sand flees around sheep head should be hot

fixed80
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by fixed80 »

this guy he stated this on FB: "Also the tarpon were going crazy on the south side! Didn't manage to land any, but we all were hooking up on most every cast. Plus they were all HUGE nearly spooling me several times! Surprisingly warm and calm night for January".

here is his shark from last night.

opiato
Old Salt

Post by opiato »

:oops: Ah, I came home all proud of my catch, then you post that monster up here, Fixed :toast: Well, I still say I had a good night..... I was anxious to get my new yak in the surf to paddle out shark baits for the first time, but I fell off schedule today and didn't make it to the park til near sunset. Only was able to paddle 1 bait out before dark, and I'm def not experienced enough to be paddling out on a moonless night. So after that, I cast out a lil piece of cut mackerel, and minutes later, this guy was on (ironically after I drop hundreds on dollars on a yak :mad: )....

Only had my cel phone so the pics aint the best, but he was bout the same size as my bull shark from November (bout 5 feet). Not sure what kind of shark this was though. Sandbar? It's nose was short, but pointier than a bull's and he had 2 nasal barbels under his nostrils (like a nurse shark). Anyone know?

fixed80
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by fixed80 »

nice catch man. :thumleft: a kayak is still worth the money though and you can take it anywhere other then the inlet. Sebastian is just one of those few areas where you can catch sharks with out a boat. but Cocoa beach is another good spot also when the sharks come through of course.

edddieo
Fisher

Post by edddieo »

Where is the best place to fish there.on the jetty?in the rocks. In that swimming hole????? What's the best way to fish it live bait, lures,or dead bait sitting. I just want to catch fish :reeling: :happyfisherman:

fishboy
Old Salt

Post by fishboy »

If you just want to catch fish, then fish the surf... I prefer the south side because it has a nice trough, but either side holds fish... Just use shrimp on a pompano rig and you will probably catch a variety of fish...

opiato
Old Salt

Post by opiato »

Pompano makes a nice dinner but if u just wana catch fish, target blue fish. Theyre abundant, easy to catch, and fun fighters especially on medium light tackle. They sell premade bluefish rigs. Just bait it with cut or live finger mullet. Theyre in the surf, the inlet, everywhere. Might get lucky....i caught my first redfish on a bluefish rig with cut mullet. you could also just use a spoon jig for the blues. Fyi the surfs gona be reeal rough this wknd

pinoyboykev
Weekend Warrior

Post by pinoyboykev »

Hey everyone, I was out at the inlet two days ago. Bite was on and off in the morning. Ended up taking home 3 blues all caught on spoons. I was fishing off the north side, but I couldn't get any bites. So I moved to the rocks by the bridge and I hooked up into a lot of jacks there. I ran a yo zuri minnow along the rocks, pretty much bouncing it off the rocks into the water, and I was able to land 3 mangrove snapper all undersized and a couple of juvenile snook. The largest being only 3 pounds haha.

edddieo
Fisher

Post by edddieo »

Thanks

fixed80
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by fixed80 »

opiato
Old Salt

Post by opiato »

:dude:

fishboy
Old Salt

Post by fishboy »

Nice fish! That rod in the first pic has a LONG but! I wonder why?

edddieo
Fisher

Post by edddieo »

OMG remind me never to swim there again nice catch

fixed80
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by fixed80 »

went last night and it was dead. only caught a rock and had to break it off from the main line. the guy i brought down there caught a sea trout 16" long on a DOA lure. after that we left.

Greatwun
Fisher

Post by Greatwun »

Went out there yesterday morning and fished 9am-4pm. Not much action in the morning but then around 1 it picked up as the high tide came in. Ended up getting a nice Black drum, Sheepshead, pompano, and 2 large whitings. I was using fresh clams all day.

edddieo
Fisher

Post by edddieo »

eatpop :driving: cool good job

fishboy
Old Salt

Post by fishboy »

Nice catches!!

edddieo
Fisher

Post by edddieo »

hows the snook bite at the inlet

Greatwun
Fisher

Post by Greatwun »

Thanks guys. I'm looking to get back out there soon while the fishing is still good for me.

fixed80
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by fixed80 »

jettypark28 wrote:either someone take really bad pictures or you are wanted by the law :shock:
psssss the tats will give you away :mrgreen: (JK)

Thanks for the report and pictures....
lol

opiato
Old Salt

Post by opiato »

Hows the wind and seaweed? Clear enough to justify a long drive out there tomorrow?

yy007
Fisher

Post by yy007 »

water was very clear for both weed and fish, at least from a day before.

fixed80
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by fixed80 »

went fishing on Monday and caught two blues. it was slow when i arrived there.

tears143
KING MACKEREL

Post by tears143 »

Was out there last night. A lot of blues were being caught at the end of the pier. A few snooks came over as well. The guy that was fishing for sharks are getting a few hits on his bait. There are one or two bull red that got hooks and a few ladys being caught as well.

Blues were being caught on lures and snook were being caught on shrimp.

I caught a 36"+ snook... Guess I need to go more to catch my keeper :)

Return to “Pier Fishing Reports, Threads Archive”