Jetty Park "fishing Reports" 2012

This area is for Archived Pier fishing reports so those interested can go back in time and see what was being caught. This area will include all Old Pier Threads and any other fishing report threads that are archived.
fishboy
Old Salt

Jetty Park "fishing Reports" 2012

Post by fishboy »

It was suggested to me that we start a new thread because the old one is out of date so i hope this helps!

fixed80
BLACK FIN TUNA

Re: Jetty Park "fishing Reports" 2012

Post by fixed80 »

ok i got down there around 4:30 maybe 5pm this afternoon. didn't see much bait along the surface other then small greenies. bait of choice was small mullet. tried both sides of the pier... out far, close in and even under the pier. the live mullet got hit on my friends rod and it turned out being a bluefish undersize. i got a hit also and it was a small bluefish. got 2 rockfish on cut shrimp, dam i cant stand them things :x . one other dude got a blue also. oh yeah i forgot to mention the hits came from the north side of pier about 15 yards out. other then that we left early due to rain storm coming in.

opiato
Old Salt

Post by opiato »

What tides were you fishing, fixed? The fishing there is typically one extreme or the other. Right at the tide change things really heat up. In between tides...just soak a line and catch your breath til the next tide. Or you could go hunting by the rocks near the parking lot.

Fishboy...ill be out there next sat the 15th with my daughter and a friend from work. Ill have a reels on wheels cart and an 11' ocean master rod. If yer out there and see us, come say hi. Theres a small chance we may go to sebastian instead if things pick up there, but I don't know. I love sebastian but its twice as far, can get real crowded, and is just too much work to fish. Seems like ya gotta chase the fish there, which is not easy to do when u got a cart full of junk to entertain the kid :shock: plus...jp spilled the beans on some snook tactics, so im eager to try that out :wink:

Forgot to include in my last report that I saw one of those tripletails jp mentioned. Couldnt get him to bite, but theyre there.

fishboy
Old Salt

Post by fishboy »

Hahahaha, i have the fish n mate Jr cart, and i will probably be there next weekend around sunset, because the tides are right... hopefully i will see you!
I know what you mean about the drive!! i come from Orlando so it is about the same for me. Definitely going to be checking the pilings tomorrow though!

fishboy
Old Salt

Post by fishboy »

Thanks for the report fixed80!! did you happen to notice if the surf was rough?

fixed80
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by fixed80 »

The surf was a bit choppy but the wind was in the favor that's why i went to the port instead of the inlet. oh and yesterday, both morning and evening sucked at Sebastian inlet so i was like I'll give it a shot at the pier in jetty park. and also there were some people before i got set up saying the fishing wasn't good at all just catfish. and one person that said that no wait i mean too people that said that gave there bait and it was the most horrible looking bait ive seen in a long time. the greenies they had and shrimp look beyond definition of old lol. one other guy had dead mullet.

so if people say the fishing sucks, they dont even know how to fish right. Sh!t............. we all know Sebastian is the Sh!t right. but if you have those suckers out there using squid, dead shrimp, or something older then mankind :mrgreen: then the fishing always sucks. but only until a person uses the right bait mainly live or lure then its always or usually good fishing out there hahahha.

opiato
Old Salt

Post by opiato »

Yep...I see more people doin that at Jetty Park than anywhere else. Frozen shrimp that's been sittin in the sun all day, giant hooks and sinkers tied directly to the line, but it's the park's fault that there's no fish biting.

Yeah, JP. We'll hit the park together some time. I work Friday nights, so it's usually Saturdays that I go, but when school's out, I like to go on weeknights instead. I'm sure I'll see ya out there sometime though. I'll just look for the only guy catching "ladyfish" :toast:

fishboy
Old Salt

Post by fishboy »

Had a fun day, but not much fish caught lol... I was using shrimp because i forgot the cast-net :mad: :nopity: ....
caught a couple of jacks a few small snapper and a couple mystery runs... saw two reds pulled in and a baby flounder...
ohh the surf is ROUGH!! i was planning a little surf fishing, but scraped those plans when i saw the 15 surfers.... Mullet run is in swing with schools coming through periodically, but it still will get thicker hopefully....
Good luck and i will be out there next weekend with my cast-net and hopefully getting some fish. :dude:

fixed80
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by fixed80 »

Reds, mysterious runs. Are you fishing the pier or the beach.

fishboy
Old Salt

Post by fishboy »

Lol, i move around and go check out different areas of the park before i set up. I was fishing the new pier for most of the time. i did spend a little time on the rocks by the inlet around sunset though...

jmwands
Fisher

Post by jmwands »

Thinking about hitting the park for high tide this evening,,, I'll be the guy from Colorado,,,

fishboy
Old Salt

Post by fishboy »

i was there from 3 till 11 pm... 1 keeper flounder so i was happy. i didn't fish too much mostly swam and chilled, but i did get the flounder on a live mullet at about 10:30. also when i was wading out in the surf with my freind he stepped on a flounder and it scared the crap out of him!! :mrgreen: he refused to step back in the water after that! some guy caught a nice red in the surf too! the mullet were not nearly as thick as last weekend?? hopefully they get thicker! Good luck!!

opiato
Old Salt

Post by opiato »

was it that old guy that waded out by the jetty that you saw with the redfish? i saw him from the pier. i saw another dude land a slot red right when i first got there a couple hours after pm low tide by the parking lot. i thought that was a good sign, but it was slow out there....and way too crowded. i think that was my first time goin on a saturday. is it normally that crowded? water was pretty rough and dirty from the storms too. like fishboy said, the mullet were not very abundant. The two highlights of my day are a blackdrum caught on frozen clam right under the pier near pm high tide, and a nurse shark caught on a dead finger mullet between the pier and the jetty a little before the following am low tide. both species are a first for me, so it was a cool experience, but other than that, not a whole lot goin on today. soaked live pinfish and finger mullet under the pier, out in the middle, and by the jetty for hours and nothing. little snappers, sheephead, and grunts on clams.... oh the guy next to me got a 3ft blacktip on live finger mullet cast out towards the middle of the channel. bummed that i didnt get a redfish. that was my goal. ironically, i'm usually trying for a shark, and the day i'm not trying to get one is the day i do. oh but it was actually landed with my daughter's offshore angler espirit rod (bass pro's girly $30 surf combo). i was amazed at how well it handled that shark. 17lb mono and a 30lb flurocarbon leader. anyone that needs a combo for their old lady or little girl, i recommend this one :thumleft:

fixed80
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by fixed80 »

opiato wrote:The two highlights of my day are a blackdrum caught on frozen clam right under the pier near pm high tide
that is a Margate not a blackdrum. no size limit on them.

opiato
Old Salt

Post by opiato »

fixed80 wrote:
opiato wrote:The two highlights of my day are a blackdrum caught on frozen clam right under the pier near pm high tide
that is a Margate not a blackdrum. no size limit on them.
Ooooh ok. Thanks. Well we didnt keep him anyway. My daughters developing a conscience and she doesnt wana slaughter fish anymore lol but its ok. Im not that crazy bout fish anyway....other than redfish, which I told her would be our only exception. And a snook if we ever get one. Gota try that at least once.

opiato
Old Salt

Post by opiato »

Dont worry, jp. Im in too deep to give up. That crowd was annoying though. Half the reason I went to jetty park instead of sebastian was to avoid the crowd, but they were there too....and all night. Luckily I at least had a kool neighbor who was able to help me get that shark up. But down the way on my other side were some dudes that had the water all lit up with those green underwater lights. I hear thats supposed to attract fish, but id think something so unnatural would scare em away. Well im just gona blame them for me not getting a snook or red :D in fact, I dont think I caught anything the whole time they had those lights on

fishboy
Old Salt

Post by fishboy »

Hey opiato! you are the guy that cast-netted on the rocks in front of the bait store and got some mullet. my dad and i were the guys on the rocks with the cart who you offered some mullet to! Thanks!! yeah the old guy on the beach was the one who got the red. Earlier on my friend and i were down there throwing bombers, with no luck... it was crowded out there but it always is on Saturday. I will be fishing the beach over there next week weather dependent so maybe i will run into someone out there! good luck and keep the reports coming!

opiato
Old Salt

Post by opiato »

Ah that was you, fishboy? Well nice to kind of meet you. I take it from your report that there wasnt a whole lota action on your end of the park either. That was a rough night.
Not sure if ill have time to make it out next week. Gota take my daughter to a bday party durin the day saturday, but if we get out early enough, ill pm ya

fishboy
Old Salt

Post by fishboy »

lol, yeah definitely man! that spot you saw me at is exactly where i caught the flounder and there are a lot of them there at high tide...

TOMMY
Weekend Warrior

Post by TOMMY »

opiato wrote:Ah that was you, fishboy? Well nice to kind of meet you. I take it from your report that there wasnt a whole lota action on your end of the park either. That was a rough night.
Not sure if ill have time to make it out next week. Gota take my daughter to a bday party durin the day saturday, but if we get out early enough, ill pm ya
i will be coming down on first week of october
would appreciate if any of you can show me a bit the salt water fishing will be free to go any time is suited for you guys il be on vacation

TOMMY
Weekend Warrior

Post by TOMMY »

i will be coming down on first week of october
would appreciate if any of you can show me a bit the salt water fishing will be free to go any time is suited for you guys il be on vacation

fishboy
Old Salt

Post by fishboy »

Yeah I will probably be able to help you out weather dependent on a Saturday, just let me know when you are down. Fished the jetty today, fishing was good even though I heard that they were dredging. some dude told me it had to do with the so-lunar tides. I am going to have to learn more about them... Anyway got 1 keeper red :cheers: , 1 keeper drum :cheers: and a small 13 inch flounder :cheers: . Mullet are out there pretty thick so fishing is good. I cant wait till next weekend...

opiato
Old Salt

Post by opiato »

Hell yeah dude :thumright: nice work. Damn, now I wish I went. I had a long day and was thinkin bout goin, but couldnt find the energy. What did u catch that red on? from the pier or rocks? Well ill definitely be out there next saturday. Will talk to ya before then. :toast:

jezratty
Old Salt

Post by jezratty »

http://www.tides4fishing.com/

good resource for checking solunar tides... still learning myself..

thanks for the report!! :toast:

opiato
Old Salt

Post by opiato »

Oh yeah...a good site for a solunar table is tides4fishing.com. From my experience though, its not the most accurate predictor of a good/bad day of fishing, but I hear sum other ppl follow it religiously

jezratty
Old Salt

Post by jezratty »

i agree completely.. had great days when things were supposed to be slow and visa-versa

Return to “Pier Fishing Reports, Threads Archive”