Anglins Pier Fishing Reports 2012 "ONLY REPORTS"

This area is for Archived Pier fishing reports so those interested can go back in time and see what was being caught. This area will include all Old Pier Threads and any other fishing report threads that are archived.
Moose
KING MACKEREL

Re: Anglins Pier Fishing Reports 2012 "ONLY REPORTS"

Post by Moose »

swordfish wrote: Either way, Ill let him post the report

here it is! went out before sunrise to anglins with swordfish. ended up going 5/6 on fish with a baby king, spanish and cero mack, a lane, and a short pomp....missing that big jack googan style sucked but i'll never make the same mistake i made again :scold:

anyway...here's a pic of the fish. :reeling:

btw...this is the first time i have ever caught any of these 5 species, as well as my first time on a pier, ive learned a ton on this site and since i started fishing (april) i've made leaps and bounds..thanks guys and thats sword! :toast:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ffishermen1
Seasoned Fisher

Post by ffishermen1 »

One time and thats all it takes now your hooked.

Nice catch and maybe they are still around by Saturday.

swordfish
SHARKER

Post by swordfish »

I expect that this coming front will bring about a torrent of action... At least lets hope! Ill do my best to get up there one way or another, possibly late sunday, early monday!

-swordfish

clarence2society
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by clarence2society »

fished 5 pm til 4 am yesterday, slow night, couple sharp nose 3 and 4 feet or so. lines snapped at pier...one snapper thought was grover but ends up was a barely legal cubera:)) either way i cleaned him before work and olive oil butter garlic salt pepper and onions in the pan. was AWESOME!!
hoping to be out more but working 7 til 2 am it is not easy to get out or find ppl to fish the late night to early morning shift with...great night out with the boys and talkin smack and getting our lines wet.:) tight lines guys

Moose
KING MACKEREL

Post by Moose »

fished from 7-12 today with a swordfish. Rain was a pain early on but once it died down it never came back. Wind was rough which made casting a bit tough with lighter lures. Anyway, bite was on and off for pretty much all morning. Got some bluefish, jacks, one mack. Good times and glad the rain stayed away. Hooked up to what i thought was a big mack that ran me for a little , i was so pumped, then spit the lure out :|

good times out there today

swordfish
SHARKER

Post by swordfish »

Here are the pics to go along with his report! Not much to add, it has not gone nuts yet, I am hoping soon, maybe early November if we are lucky! My money is on after this storm blows through! Ill be out there...

Was cool to talk to a few of the boatless crew as well as shake the hands of a handful of people I have known of on here for a while, however have just now met in person! Cool times regardless! Beats the hell out of being at home!

-swordfish

stormrunner
Seasoned Fisher

Post by stormrunner »

Hey Swordfish that was me talking to you about that huge moonfish/lookdown you caught. It was cool fishing with you - I'll be out there tommorrow hope I see you and the fish are cooperating :D
Do the right thing and forget about it no one needs to know - just you.

swordfish
SHARKER

Post by swordfish »

Storm, that one was Agonzales lol I told him you duped him ;-) I am certain hell eat the moonie... Its fish, meh, who cares lol. If I were you I would stay home tomorrow and enjoy a nice tall frothy glass of donothingallday brew lol! It is going to be downrite nasty out there tomorrow, I say unfishable... It was near that today, tossing anything but a croc spoon was a mission... I really believe that the constant washing machine action in the surf which made the visibility around 6 inches to a foot kinda killed the fishing a bit.

If however you do brave the elements and they dont close down the pier... (dude there were solid whitecaps today, a good 12 or so foot waves!) then PLEASE make a post... Keep in mind some of us like REALLY far so, it is cool to know if it is worth the drive hehe, even if you want to PM me, Id take that too ;-)

-swordfish

clarence2society
GOLIATH GROUPER

yes interesting day off fishing all around. that storm system was news to me. great to meet some of the guys out there today and Sword and i have a mandate to fish again!!! hahahaha great day with you guys.....time to shave my beard just woke up from goin to sleep at 5 pm. all i took home today was two macs, one nice size and one medium, i was fishing bottom mostly and i had a monster hit earlier morning but couldnt stop his run to the opposite side of the pier( took bout half of what was left of my spool) oh and this was my penn battle my go to rod and reel now.LOVE IT!...was a good morning though. Sword hopefully i will have the trailer fixed and i can bring the boat down soon. if not we can do plenty of damage from the shore.

Moose
KING MACKEREL

Post by Moose »

yea storm, it was me who you spoke to about the moonie...and even if you did just mess with me, it wasn't half bad fried up :chef:

i just picked up the battle 4000 on sat and used it all week and i love it, no complaints here.

hope to see some of you next week...good fishing with you guys

Cookinman
FORUM CHEF "RETIRED"

Post by Cookinman »

agonzalez0 wrote:yea storm, it was me who you spoke to about the moonie...

Dont kid yourself, those moonies are Delish....
TEAM 'COOKIN' :
:chef: "Still building 'em one BAITCATCHER at a time " :chef:

swordfish
SHARKER

Post by swordfish »

So long as he dont try to stick em in the toaster...

-swordfish

Cookinman
FORUM CHEF "RETIRED"

Post by Cookinman »

swordfish wrote:So long as he dont try to stick em in the toaster...

-swordfish

How else do you cook em ? ;)
TEAM 'COOKIN' :

fishnfool73
AMBASSADOR to the... BF FORUM

Post by fishnfool73 »

Leaving Anglins now it will be closed for a few hours due to storm damage
Dreaming the dream that one day I can be as good as some of the boatless pros and catch some 12 inch mangrove snapper.

Cookinman
FORUM CHEF "RETIRED"

Post by Cookinman »

Rijkaard wrote:
Cookinman wrote:
swordfish wrote:So long as he dont try to stick em in the toaster...

-swordfish

How else do you cook em ? ;)
laid down flat on a round pizza bread and put the whole thing in a woodfire oven!
What a great idea ! We could also wrap em in bacon or pancetta and roll em up like a Moonie-Boli :)

Actually all kidding aside, you may not believe this, but I have heard ( From someone I trust to know ) that Ribbonfish is actually delicious.... I took this guys word about a big silver mullett a while back and he was spot on....so Ill be bringing home my next ribbon for the test kitchen ;) :salut:

On another note - LAST YEAR " The DAY " was nov 4th.....so we may see a repeat this year - conditions are improving for sure with this temp drop after the storm....

Chris - How bad was the pier ?
TEAM 'COOKIN' :

bigyellowtuna
Seasoned Fisher

Post by bigyellowtuna »

Were there west winds on "the day"?

bulld0g62
Seasoned Fisher

Post by bulld0g62 »

Thinking about fishing wed after work, anybody else thinking of trying their luck?
just remember, fishing is cheaper than a psychiatrist.

fishnfool73

Post by fishnfool73 »

If the pier is open I think the bite should be decent. The west wind will slow the fall migration but I bet there is a few slob groovers muttons and a keeper grouper or two out there.
Dreaming the dream that one day I can be as good as some of the boatless pros and catch some 12 inch mangrove snapper.

swordfish
SHARKER

Post by swordfish »

Nothing out there... Some tiny blacktips, couple small blues on bottom. LOTS of mullet... The run is in full effect... Water is dirty though... enough not to see anything. Some ribbon fish also. I am thinking when this clears up it will be going nuts... Pier IS open, T is closed for repairs.

-swordfish

bulld0g62
Seasoned Fisher

Post by bulld0g62 »

Thanks for the input sword

clarence2society
GOLIATH GROUPER

i may hit the beach and try for snook in the morning... not sure though...

Moose
KING MACKEREL

Post by Moose »

fished from sun-up till about 1130 today. Macks were off and on with blue fish in the mix. Water is dirty from the storm still. Small croakers in the morning coming off the bottom...pretty good day overall, hopefully things start heating up soon

swordfish
SHARKER

Post by swordfish »

Thanks for the report... Were the mullet still thick?

-swordfish

Moose
KING MACKEREL

Post by Moose »

its funny juan, monday the mullet was everywhere but the fishing was bad...and yesterday i didnt see a single pod near the pier and the fishing was pretty decent...hopefully we see something running over the weekend and next week

fishnfool73

Post by fishnfool73 »

Just left Anglins limited out on mackerel to 4 lbs loads of blues and small jacks. Steady pick on the mackerel with flurries here and there but if you put in your time you caught a few. I've never seen the ribbon fish this thick. Literally watched ribbons attacking hooked mackerel.

fishnfool73

Post by fishnfool73 »

I've never seen ribbons this bad in the 30 years I've been fishing Anglins. I'd have a few chasing my lure back each cast. The people fishing for them overloaded their coolers and left with them still biting. In years past they generally showed up with the mullet run and we would catch a few but never like this.

bulld0g62
Seasoned Fisher

Post by bulld0g62 »

Headed to the pier now, anyone out there today?

rshields
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by rshields »

"T" is closed for repairs....Out yesterday Sat the 3rd, got there about 5AM stayed through 2PM- canal water streamed through with TP floating about 1PM. I caught a bucket size octopus under the pier and wrestled him off of my hook to get him back in the water. Try doing that sometime getting your hook out of a sucker latching onto your hand and doing an alien imitation looking for you face to plant a seed. Woke me up quick before the sun came up. Some nice sized Macs and a mix of blues and jacks, nothing out of the ordinary from a pier after a storm and primo fish were not to be seen libbon fish everywhere. NE winds and a light steady south current. Chummed up some hoos it was a task but payed off on the freelining. Came home cooler full and my neighbor loves blues so they were happy. Extra crowded guess the "T" being closed helped with that but allot of new combos out there from walmart and wally world. One word if you go today >>Duck >>

WetWillie
Seasoned Fisher

Post by WetWillie »

Good report, "r"! Thanks for the heads up. Think I may wait till during the week to go.
Those other fish must be smart. We caught all the stupid ones!

Return to “Pier Fishing Reports, Threads Archive”