Juno Fishing Pier Reports 2011-2012 "Reports Only"

This area is for Archived Pier fishing reports so those interested can go back in time and see what was being caught. This area will include all Old Pier Threads and any other fishing report threads that are archived.
linh
KING MACKEREL

Re: Juno Fishing Pier Reports 2011 "Reports Only"

Post by linh »

Its the same down in lake worth as well. I did manage to catch my limit of pompano though. Majority of them are 8-9 inches. Lucky for me I had the whole pier to myself yesterday because of the triathlon.

A few weeks ago I saw some big pomps caught though.

Walkingkeg
Fisher

Post by Walkingkeg »

Report from Friday.: Late morning lots of short kings (14 to 18 in). A few blue runners here and there. Early in the afternoon there was a pomp run but also short (8-9 in).

gatorjwade
Old Salt

Post by gatorjwade »

thanks for the detailed report, Surfrat!
Jeff

cudaman
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by cudaman »

Surfrat wrote:Hit the Pier today (late afternoon - evening). SI picked up a few huge Ladys mixed in with them @ Carlin just before dark
Be careful, you might catch some crabs with those fluffy ladys :biglaugh: J/K

Thanks for the report man :toast:

gatorjwade
Old Salt

Post by gatorjwade »

Yeah, I'm really hopin' this wind gets the action going even further South... :bounce:
Jeff

Xpierrat
Old Salt

Post by Xpierrat »

Surfrat wrote:Thurs. Went out from 4:00 to 6:00 today. NE wind escalating - dirty water. A few very small Cats in the middle. At the T, drove upon drove, upon drove, upon drove of medium-large Mullet. Schools maybe 5-10 yds. wide by 30 - 50 yds. long. Endlessly moving south (right in front of the T) with only a 5 to 10 minute interval in between. Sick stuff and an incredible sight. All in tight formation. Nothing under, in or over them. East of the north buoy about 50 to 100 yds. away from the buoy straight out, there were 2 tractor trailer container sized schools busting off and on for the whole time I was there with birds and the water frothing white. They would not move or come in. I heard a few small Jacks were caught before I got there and I did see 1 Mack caught. A Mack and not Juvie King. There seems to be an ongoing debate out there as to which is which. I grabbed it for a Dude that needed some fresh bait. What a freakin' sight to see this many Mullet, I thought I saw the max. yesterday and last week,......... Why there weren't any Bluefish or BTs is crazy. Maybe this NE wind and cold front will change all that.
see if this helps those that are not sure...

http://forshorefishing.blogs.theledger. ... l-easy-id/

Thanks for the report.
Rick

bluemack
Seasoned Fisher

Post by bluemack »

Big help Rick! Thanks for the link!

malibuminix
Old Salt

Post by malibuminix »

Small Jacks and blue fish this morning.

Sirsnookalot
KING MACKEREL

Post by Sirsnookalot »

Just the way it is, but my level of success has been considerably better in South Palm than North Palm this year.

PhishingPhanatic
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by PhishingPhanatic »

Fished for a few hours this morning to get bait for my Tortugas trip, filled a cooler with small jacks, spanish macks and a couple bluefish. All on Gotchas.

Eatsomerice
Fisher

Post by Eatsomerice »

Surfrat wrote:Anybody heard from Skippy? I haven't seen him out there for a couple weeks?
i saw him like 2-3 Sundays ago near the end of the T in the morning. Haven't seen him since then though.

jezratty
Old Salt

Post by jezratty »

went out today from 7-10 crazy waves ..lots of sand in the h20.. no fish ...nice sunrise though!! :toast:

back part of the pier was damaged and is closed til late next week.. :?

derek
Fisher

Post by derek »

:reeling: so many blue fish and mackle this later evening.

derek
Fisher

Post by derek »

:reeling: fishing report again.

I was there 3 pm untill 6 pm. A lot of mackle on the T only but soooo many people. Got 6 mackle, but lost 2 gocha.

Poseidon10/31
KING MACKEREL

Post by Poseidon10/31 »

derek wrote::reeling: fishing report again.

I was there 3 pm untill 6 pm. A lot of mackle on the T only but soooo many people. Got 6 mackle, but lost 2 gocha.
Mackle Master! Nice work. :happyfisherman:

anubis10111
Seasoned Fisher

Post by anubis10111 »

I was at Juno pier yesterday 11/5/12 and there were nobody catching anything. There was maybe fifteen people at the T ready with their cobia gigs but no luck. Water was calm all day. Left the pier at closing time. Went home with nothing. Next week Ill try going to the keys maybe I'll b lucky.
R.I.P. Johnny
10/31/69-02/06/08

flguywes
Seasoned Fisher

Post by flguywes »

Went for the first time yesterday (11/05) around sunrise with a buddy and fished from 630-8ish. Small jacks and a few larger pompano around the first hut. Moved to the tee and saw occasional bluefish blitzes, everyone would hook up. As I was leaving a pod of dolphins moved in and the bite shut down.
Very nice pier, I could see the potential for larger fish.

ffishermen1
Seasoned Fisher

Post by ffishermen1 »

thanks for the report. hopefully they are moving south soon. :reeling:

ringonose
Seasoned Fisher

Post by ringonose »

I was at the pier on Thursday, was not dead AT ALL. I've never seen it so hot. First of all everyone was catching lady fish like crazy. Blues off and on, occasional Pomps, Mac's caught in the AM, and yes one big king was caught. Saw one cobia that's it. But the bite mid pier was intense right through to about 5PM. Hot and heavy, albeit too many ladyfish. But the blue's were making up for it, saw a couple of huge ones caught. One guy caught and kept an undersize permit....ach
..."and the meek shall inherit the earth...."

fixed80
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by fixed80 »

someone please tell me what the bait of choice is. lures too if thats what they were throwing.

ringonose
Seasoned Fisher

Post by ringonose »

fixed80 wrote:someone please tell me what the bait of choice is. lures too if thats what they were throwing.
The cut mullet were catching some blue's and jacks, but mostly everyone was catching on lures, anything shiny. A mess of blues came swimming through, so I threw in a whit pink tipped gotchya, it didn't even finish sinking and I had a fish on. That's what it was like on Thursday. Pomps were being caught on those pomp lures, not sure what they're called but they're orange and yellow with a little shiny feathery thing attached. I had shrimp and sand fleas which were only catching me runners. The pomps were only going for those lures. The MAcs, also - anything shiny. Same with the jacks. There were also a mess of sharks around that day, BIG ones at that. Seems it's on and off there, one day on, a few days off...I don't understand what attracts fish to that pier, whatever it is, that pier is in a good spot. When it's on, it's really on. I've seen multiple cobias on at that pier, same with pomps.
Here's the thing; you can catch those silver sand perch or whatever they're called, the occasional snook, and spade fish if you fish right close to the pier itself, straight down. They're always there. Most people fish away from the pier. Interestingly, almost all the fish being caught have been caught on the north side of the pier. I don't get it
..."and the meek shall inherit the earth...."

fixed80
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by fixed80 »

sounds cool, were most of the blues caught mid way of the pier or near the end like on the T

ffishermen1
Seasoned Fisher

Post by ffishermen1 »

Interestingly, almost all the fish being caught have been caught on the north side of the pier. I don't get it
I credit that to the current that has been running to the south. If the current is going North we will catch them on the south side.

BrownMarlin
Fisher

Post by BrownMarlin »

Any Cobia seen today?

Xpierrat
Old Salt

Post by Xpierrat »

Fished today from 6 to 11 am.....
wind had dropped out to a nice 9 10 mph or so....water was calming down from all the big rollers over the weekend and Monday and was starting to clear some...

Macs and lots of them off the east end... wall to wall fishermen on the t
only had to pull one set of hooks out of human skin....so I guess it wasn't too bad....course that guy might have a different opinion... :roll:

ended up with a limit with most fish 2 pound size and even a couple 4 plus.... when it tapered off the small ones were there but early on there were some good fish.
Most of my better fish came on white bucktails with a couple on a spoon.....most were fishing gotchas but were getting smaller fish....

heard of some Pomps up by the huts both on clams and jigs....

No kings or cobes while I was there but there were a couple guys on guard just in case... off to work for the next 4 days...
Rick

derek
Fisher

Post by derek »

:reeling: this morning 6-9 am, very few ribon and jack.
No mackel, hope more coming soon.

TOMMY
Weekend Warrior

Post by TOMMY »

was there this morning 8 till 11
thermometer at 55 cold windy big waves very murky water
really a waste of time
one person got a 12inches sark and another a catfish
from what locals was saying will take a day or so to clear up

PhishingPhanatic
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by PhishingPhanatic »

Where on the pier were you Tommy? I was there around the same time, my Dad is in town for Thanksgiving and I took him out there to try for some pomps or macs, we hung out at the T and waited for the blue water to come in closer but it never did. Some guys on the corner of the T caught 2 of the biggest sail cats I've ever seen, 6-7 lbers.

TOMMY
Weekend Warrior

Post by TOMMY »

PhishingPhanatic wrote:Where on the pier were you Tommy? I was there around the same time, my Dad is in town for Thanksgiving and I took him out there to try for some pomps or macs, we hung out at the T and waited for the blue water to come in closer but it never did. Some guys on the corner of the T caught 2 of the biggest sail cats I've ever seen, 6-7 lbers.

i was just before the first cover lets say i was wearing shorts and a coat freezed my legs
and i was keep walking up and down the T my cart was parked on the left just before the cover my first time up there
yes i show the guys with the cats

hope we meet next time

TOMMY
Weekend Warrior

Post by TOMMY »

any suggestions to what pier to go this weekend
was thinking to go out with a party boat but i get sick very easy
water has to be like oil and thats not the case lately

Return to “Pier Fishing Reports, Threads Archive”