Pompano Fishing Pier 2011 "ONLY REPORT"

This area is for Archived Pier fishing reports so those interested can go back in time and see what was being caught. This area will include all Old Pier Threads and any other fishing report threads that are archived.
Chevy Juan
GOLIATH GROUPER

Re: Pompano Fishing Pier 2011 "ONLY REPORT"

Post by Chevy Juan »

They are Pompano none the less my friend, keep doing what you're doing. :toast:

WetWillie
Seasoned Fisher

Post by WetWillie »

Greetings, my Brothers of the salty wooden plank. Yes, I haven't been posting lately because I spent the last two months in Jacksonville. My mom was in a really bad wreck and was hospitalized the whole time. My reels accumulated thick layers of dust and I'm ashamed about that :( . I was finally able to fish Pompano this morning, 6:30 to about 11 :cheers: , when all the brown water from the inlet came south and screwed any chance of catching anything, as far as I was concerned :mad: . Slight westerly wind, outgoing tide, ripping southerly current but basically flat conditions and clear (till the brown water got there). Using a baited Sabiki on the tee, I was able to catch (and release) 7 large pork fish. I know that's nothing to brag about, but if I could sell them to some aquarium store for $10 each, I'd have made a few bucks :money: . But, Noooooooooo. Of course, I let 'em go. I also managed a couple of nice runners, a couple of too small yellowtails and a barely qualifying 10" Mutt, again on the Sabiki. I swear, I've done better on my ultralight with Sabikis than on my regular rods :scratch: . Other than that, all I saw was houndfish and cudas, and none of them were coming over the rail :nopity:. Soooo, with all the brown water around (did I mention the brown water?) I decided to head for the barn and bother my wife :safe: , but she threw a penalty flag and that ended that. Something about "illegal forward pass". Soooo, what's left? That's right! :drunk: And since it's the beginning of the weekend, I get to do it all over again for the next two days :driving: . Yay, me! :happyfisherman: I'll see ya out on the planks, brothers. Tight lines, dudes! :dude:
Those other fish must be smart. We caught all the stupid ones!

JustTVH
Seasoned Fisher

Post by JustTVH »

I think you should have the smileys removed from your acct. Just sayin. End of derail.

swordfish
SHARKER

Post by swordfish »

Wish a speedy recovery to the mom wet! I like how what u did there with the smileys, leaving things to the imagination make reading FUN! Keep it up, and believe me, with this cool weather and a steady N wind for the next few days the fish will be here!

-swordfish

goodolmikey
Seasoned Fisher

Post by goodolmikey »

I knew it was going to be that way today .. I was out there about 6:30am till 8:15 and didnt see a thing in the water,, the mullet were off to the north and off to the south but nothing was on them except the pelicans.. oh well wont be fishing the morning tomorrow,, I have Dream Theater tickets for tonight and have to take the rods out of the truck and leave them at work so my wife can ride shotgun... sunday morn on anglins hopefully

WetWillie
Seasoned Fisher

Post by WetWillie »

And I forgot to add, for those of you following the mullet run, we did see a school of about 300 or so go south, under the pier, but nothing was running with them and nobody had time to try a snatch hook. One fool did have a castnet but he was too close to shore, and with the current running so fast, that dude just totally was late for school!!! Get it? "School"? God, I crack me up. And hey, Wilson, sorry about the smileys, but it's like stuff in your tackle box: why carry it if you aren't gonna use it? Hey, just playin', bro. I ain't throwin' no knives here. Still pals? And I promise to go easy on the smileys from now on :toast: . :jester: .

willyescoto2226
Fisher

Post by willyescoto2226 »

:uplol: :uplol: :uplol:

willyescoto2226
Fisher

Any pomps been cought yet at pompano pier? sand fleas are already there. filled samll publix bag with them. Just need pompano's to eat them. :reeling:

Chevy Juan
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Chevy Juan »

Toss em out and wait there are some pomps around.

noonburg
Fisher

Post by noonburg »

We just (late this afternoon) caught one small pompano, one small permit (?), one small triggerfish, and a nice mangrove snapper--all on frozen shrimp.

goodolmikey
Seasoned Fisher

Post by goodolmikey »

ok the last 2 days have been great fishing,,, mackeral at daylight frenzying crazy ,, today bluefish were added into the equation,,,throwing anything flashy will get you a bite,,, I seen 1 keeper pompano come over the rail and I caught about 25 juvi's just jigging, cant wait for the big ones to show up,, in the last 2 days I have givin away atleast 20 macks and 4 blue fish,,,hopefully they will be there again tomorrow morning

Chevy Juan
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Chevy Juan »

Sounds like a great chew fest to me man, keep at it.. :reeling:

thiggy3
Fisher

Post by thiggy3 »

hey guys this is my first post. so bear with me. well went out to the pompano pier today from 6:30am till about 11:30am,since i haven't been fishing in a while, it was fun. nothing big just caught a brunch of small jacks and 1 mack, seen some small pomps come over but very small. well hope it gets better from here. hope this was somewhat informative.

good fishing everyone :reeling:

Chevy Juan
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Chevy Juan »

More consistent showing of pomps. Thx for the heads up and welcome.

BEOWULF
KING MACKEREL

Post by BEOWULF »

Got out there Saturday morning, got tons of small blue runners, also two small ceros, barely keepers. Rain started just as my meter expired, perfect timing. Fun time nonetheless, tasty lunch. I'll get the big'uns next time. :reeling:

goodolmikey
Seasoned Fisher

Post by goodolmikey »

I have never seen a bite like we had this morning,,, I figured I would jig for pompano 1st thing so i tossed my jig out and it was cut off instantly,,, so I knew the blue fish were there,,started throwing a shiny slab and loaded up on blues in a few minutes,,, the mackeral were everywhere jumping everywhere you could see.. caught a bunch of them.. lost 3 lures in the process even with wire ... I gave away all my fish cause I cant bring them to work...lots of happy watchers out there left with fish.. I really feel like I didnt go fishing I went catching for a change

Chevy Juan
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Chevy Juan »

Same action at anglins too, niice. :toast:

goodolmikey
Seasoned Fisher

Post by goodolmikey »

Today was just like yesterday,,, the blues were in 1st,, right as the sun was coming up and then the macks,,, they were thick there the whole time i was there,,, only lost 1 bucktail and a gotcha and that was while using wire.. did catch a bunch of little pomps right before I left, still lookin for my 1st keeper of the season.... I met WetWillie out there today its always nice to meet the guys while out... have a great day all /i]

WetWillie
Seasoned Fisher

Post by WetWillie »

Yep, finally got to meet goodolmikey and put a face with the name. Good guy, good fisher. Fished Pom-Pay-No (That's the way the Canadians say it) from first light to about ten. Northeast wind, south current and the tide was out. Choppy and murky water and great conditions for catching, not fishing. I may never get to say this again. My son and I limited out on macks and blues! Hell, it was my birthday, Christmas, anniversary and Veterans' Day all rolled into one. Only lost one Gotcha, too. Woo-hoo. Gave two blues to my neighbor and he was so excited (he's a Boston boy), he got me two tickets to a Panther game. Score! I only hope it continues. Oh, yeah; all the pomps I saw were just under the size limit but in a few weeks, they should all look like they're on steroids. Tight lines, all you mono monsters! Out!

goodolmikey
Seasoned Fisher

Post by goodolmikey »

well the macks were at it again this morning,, didnt see any blue fish but the macks were there,, got 5 and caught a 17" permit on a pink pompano jig,,, all within the time the sun came up and 8:15,, great fishing these days ... get out and get some

Chevy Juan
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Chevy Juan »

nice job man!..Any pics of the permit?

WetWillie
Seasoned Fisher

Post by WetWillie »

Greetings, Brothers of the Wooden Plank! Fished Pompano today, dawn till about 10ish. WEST/NORTHWEST wind, low tide, flat/calm water except the wave sets were epic for surfing. Clarity was not as murky as Thursday or Friday but enough to still make it interesting. You could see the macks busting the bait out by the swim buoys and just out of casting range :mad: . There were no blues and no macks that I saw come over the rail. There were schools of small jacks in the surf just after sunup and the crowd from the Vietnamese village of "Keep Dat Fitsch" couldn't catch them fast enough. Then, they started to catch small (maybe 6 or 8 inches) kings and plop, right in the cooler. "Oh, we so happy, catch mackerrell." Hey, we told them but they don't give a crap. They'll pretend not to unnastan Engrish but you know they're full of S**t because their eyes are brown. Oh, that pisses me off so much. But, again, the nail salons opened at 10, so they were gone by 9:30. Saw one keeper pomp (the only one) and one margate taken, but other than that, we watched the wave sets and sorely missed having our surfboards with us. The wind is supposed to come back around this afternoon in our favor, so let's see what tonight and tomorrow bring. Tight lines, Brothers and don't support the nail salons; keep your women away from mani's and pedi's. Do your own damn nails! Out! :salut:

bluemack
Seasoned Fisher

Post by bluemack »

:mrgreen:

ran1312
Fisher

Post by ran1312 »

Took a walk with the family at Pompano today...Dirty, nasty water and Bluefish flopping & flying all over the pier. Didn't see a single Mack or Pompano, just lots of Blues. May head to Anglins for the late bite today...too hard to resist!

skyzdalymit71
Weekend Warrior

Post by skyzdalymit71 »

:x :x i hate when i see that and they act like they dont understand cow poop and they know it.
FISHING ANY TIME, ANY PLACE, ANY CHANCE I GET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

willyescoto2226
Fisher

went today before sunrise. Macks where plenty from 6.00am till 7.00 am. after that it was all blues. I ended up with 6 big blues and a medium size mac.

Already cooked one blue fis it is actually pretty tasty when you prepare it good.
Here is a recipe if you want to try it. let me know.

Ingredients:
Blue fish fillets
salt
pepper
olive oil
butter
Garlic
lemon
parsley
sugar

In a pan fry blue fish using olive oil. I do 3 1/2 min on each side. with skin on bottom.
once the fish is fully cooked, remove skin. (it is easier) Place it in serving plate.
on the same pan you just made the fish, leaving some of the olive oil , add 2 tbs of butter,shopped parsley, fresh minced garlic, little salt, pich of sugar and juice of have a lemon. let garlic cook until golden. and then just poure it over your fish.
You can serve it with mashed potatoes and steamed broccoli and carrots. enjoy
and let me know.

Return to “Pier Fishing Reports, Threads Archive”