Deerfield Pier Fishing Reports 2011 "ONLY REPORTS"

This area is for Archived Pier fishing reports so those interested can go back in time and see what was being caught. This area will include all Old Pier Threads and any other fishing report threads that are archived.
Cookinman
FORUM CHEF "RETIRED"

Re: Deerfield Pier Fishing Reports 2011 "ONLY REPORTS"

Post by Cookinman »

If you were to believe the lack of reports here mean that the regulars are holding out - lol you'd be right ;)

Tommy, what you heard was correct.
TEAM 'COOKIN' :
:chef: "Still building 'em one BAITCATCHER at a time " :chef:

Jordan
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Jordan »

lol i'll just say

last weekend

kingfish, mackerel, dolphin (yes, mahi), a couple sails hooked and a blackfin hooked.

fatmanfishin
Fisher

Post by fatmanfishin »

went Wednesday from 10:30 to 4 and we will call that day the day of the Spanish mackerel a school of hundreds just stayed there for hours everyone was saying they never seen anything like it hundreds everyone was pulling thirty inchers out of the water and the damn pier was packed had to be thirty people there at any given time it started at the front for about four and a half hours then it moved to the middle when i left people who just showed up started yanking thirty inch mackerel out the water as well im telling thirty minutes was all you needed for someone who know what they were doing i was using a modified cork and straw instead of straw i used white bic pens and red treble hook with a foot of 65# test single strand wired they killed it since the pen was to long for the short ones only got good hits had to make two more on the fly but still worth every minute.............. HUNDREDS HUNDREDS HUNDREDS

BoatlessFisherman
Fisherman - Owner - Administrator

Post by BoatlessFisherman »

fatmanfishin wrote:went Wednesday from 10:30 to 4 and we will call that day the day of the Spanish mackerel a school of hundreds just stayed there for hours everyone was saying they never seen anything like it hundreds everyone was pulling thirty inchers out of the water and the damn pier was packed had to be thirty people there at any given time it started at the front for about four and a half hours then it moved to the middle when i left people who just showed up started yanking thirty inch mackerel out the water as well im telling thirty minutes was all you needed for someone who know what they were doing i was using a modified cork and straw instead of straw i used white bic pens and red treble hook with a foot of 65# test single strand wired they killed it since the pen was to long for the short ones only got good hits had to make two more on the fly but still worth every minute.............. HUNDREDS HUNDREDS HUNDREDS

Thanks for the Report, it is nice to see all of Broward inundated with FISH.

Nothing like catching 30inch Macks over and over again I never get tired of them.
-Tommy A-

click, click, click, Fish ON - Over, Under, Over, Under Get out of my Way. Sound familiar.

Cookinman
FORUM CHEF "RETIRED"

Post by Cookinman »

I picked the wrong weekend to go outta town - lol :cheers: :happyfisherman:
TEAM 'COOKIN' :

fatmanfishin
Fisher

Post by fatmanfishin »

went wednesday nov 9th from 11:30 to 4:30 caught a couple macks but nothing really hit the surface all the money was on the floor starting throwing the six ounce with cut bait and had to work to catch blues plus damn small sharks always eating up your bait cloudy day though cloudy but the water was to calm for such a crappy cloud cover and wind but the work paid off

Jordan
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Jordan »

So many bluefish during the day and at night yesterday, macks in the morning, and someone lost a nice king yesterday to a piling. Friday there were two big 40lb+ AJ's trying to eat hooked mackerel which was pretty cool too see. Also some sharks around.

Chevy Juan
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Chevy Juan »

Nice! Damn reef donkeys

linh
KING MACKEREL

Post by linh »

Any report from today? Might have to go here tomorrow in the am.

spb_angler
Fisher

Post by spb_angler »

any update on the fishing?

fixed80
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by fixed80 »

no deerfield reports.... hmmmmm

Cookinman
FORUM CHEF "RETIRED"

Post by Cookinman »

fixed80 wrote:no deerfield reports.... hmmmmm

I havenet been fishing - But can tell you from years past - This is the time of the year that the pier gets LIT UP W nice kingfish ....
TEAM 'COOKIN' :

Kevin
Weekend Warrior

Post by Kevin »

no bait. no fish.

BOATS.HOES
Fisher

Post by BOATS.HOES »

Kevin wrote:no bait. no fish.
its not even worth going out the bite turned off
GET THAT!

Seastriker94
Weekend Warrior

Post by Seastriker94 »

anything going on out there lately?

dmiles312
Fisher

Post by dmiles312 »

Hit the pier around 8:30 am and nothing going on. Around 11:30 Mike had a nice Cobe on, but lost it due to a dull gaff. Someone hooked up on a really nice King and got it to the pier but did another run and snap goes the line. Around 2:40 a storm started rolling in and kicked it up a little but my lines were already in and I was on the way out.

Bait: Blue Runners and Pin Fish. Going on Wednsday in the am. Let you know how it goes.

Big D.

Cookinman
FORUM CHEF "RETIRED"

Post by Cookinman »

Nice meeting you D - Yea, it was super slow - But so entertaining to watch that dude trolley a 3# Blue runner on the ambassedeaur 5500 and 12 # test.....what did TJ Call him? 'Push Button' ?...lol

My first day on the planks in a while resulted in a bit of casting practice, no more, but it was nice to get some sun on my face....
TEAM 'COOKIN' :

GO4EM
SHARKER

Post by GO4EM »

Cookinman wrote:My first day on the planks in a while resulted in a bit of casting practice, no more, but it was nice to get some sun on my face....
I hear ya cookin! :toast:
I dream of a better tomorrow... where chickens can cross roads and not have their motives questioned

SoFlAngler
Fisher

Post by SoFlAngler »

[/u

It was 20# test Hi catch line with a Bimini Twist making the last 3 1/2 ft 40lb test. The weight I used was 10 oz. Then it was connected to 50lb test mono with an Albright Knot connecting #5 wire with a size 4 J Owner hook and a 4X size 4 treble hook. If TJ gets pissy about me not giving him a big blue runner that I caught and wants to cry about it and in turn say something stupid that's on him. I say if you can't take the heat then get back in the kitchen and make me a "sammich". Which guy are you out there? I see you like to talk poop over the internet like a a punk. I want you to say that to my face. I'm Ryan with the Penn Battle on the 9 ft rod and the Ambassadeur on the little Tiger. If you are a regular than you definitely know me because I'm there all the time. I'll see you out there.

Return to “Pier Fishing Reports, Threads Archive”