Anglins Pier Fishing Reports 2007

This area is for Archived Pier fishing reports so those interested can go back in time and see what was being caught. This area will include all Old Pier Threads and any other fishing report threads that are archived.
BoatlessFisherman
Fisherman - Owner - Administrator

Anglins Pier Fishing Reports 2007

Post by BoatlessFisherman »

Please put all Anglins Pier fishing reports here. Thank you.
Last edited by BoatlessFisherman on Thu Dec 13, 2007 5:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
-Tommy A-

click, click, click, Fish ON - Over, Under, Over, Under Get out of my Way. Sound familiar.

Forum God
Weekend Warrior

Post by Forum God »

Anglin's Pier re-opened this morning.
Let the fishing reports begin.
Forum God

Lomax
Old Salt

Post by Lomax »

... Small muttons, the entire population on the planet of houndies & Needlefish, and cudas.

None of the above that was caught by me. ;)

BoatlessFisherman

Saturday Morning

So it was good to meet, CubanExpress, Wildcat, Bill, Cookinman, Isabella and good to see Lomax, Marcus, Riccardo, Blaine, Surferboy, Chris, Claudia, Tim O, Amos and family, Wayne, Dave C, Louie, Spiro, I may be missing people, I am getting older.

Well Marcus got a Nice Mutton and I saw three other keepers caught, Blaine got a Keeper yellowtail and I saw one other Yellowtail caught, Tim caught the head half of a Cero mack seems the cudas decided to have lunch early.
I think I saw Danny or Danial hook up with a few Cudas, Amos caught a 6 or 7 or so lb Porgy and had a cooler full of runners and some keeper Mangroves. I have a pic of the Porgy I will put up later.
The water was not moving much when we got there and it decided to go North. As mentioned the houndfish all 77 million hung around all day either swimming on the surface, caught on a hook or being bobbed up and down for a cuda.

I heard a T Head made a few passes around the Tee and a Spinner or Black Tip, none of which I saw. I was at the middle house as usual, I had crabs to soak and thiat this time of year I've done well with Cobia. One Tarpon was spotted, a Snook out far and a couple inshore, a school of small Jacks were in and out the entire time. I believe I saw a few Macks break water out far as they hit some bait.

Bait was inshore around the middle house a pod of Goggle eyes on the bottom and Runners and Jacks on the shadow line. Early in the afternoon a small school of Sardines inshore, 1 small pod of Mullet came by and headed North.

Well that was what I saw until I left at 2:00pm it was really nice being out on the Pier after a year and getting out to the Tee after 2 1/2 or 3 years.

I more than likely will fish it again tomorrow morning but will make that decision at 6am. It's great to have a Pier back open in Fort Lauderdale.
Last edited by BoatlessFisherman on Sat Oct 21, 2006 9:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
-Tommy A-

click, click, click, Fish ON - Over, Under, Over, Under Get out of my Way. Sound familiar.

Cookinman
FORUM CHEF "RETIRED"

Post by Cookinman »

It was GREAT putting some faces with the screenames today. Me and Isabella had fun playing with that Gog in the bait bucket....Not sure who's it was, but my daughter was ready to name him and take him home in her pocket....lol she cried when after an hour of lookin at him, I pulled her away :)

I usually fished POmpano 'cause it was closer, but I forgot how much I like the length of that pier - Many different things are possible to try out there....

Tommy - thanks for the sand flea lesson...next time I will have o comerodded and ready to fish - Today was more to just say HI than anything. Wish I coulda FISHED A BIT WITH YOU GUYS.....NEXT TIME.

NYRob
Fisher

Post by NYRob »

I guess this explains why I did not see anyone else on the beach today .. by the way saw nothing, caught nothing. Might have to try the pier too..

CubanExpress
Boatlessfishing.com FORUM SPONSOR

Post by CubanExpress »

Meeting people off the forum today will also help when we have the
nov. 4th meet. Some of the forum members will know who is who.
First drop for me at the tee was a keeper mangrove snapper - I also
got a descent porgie and 4 or 5 undersize yellow tail snapper towards the end of the afternoon. Did anyone ask the owners on the time frame when they will install the lights and open 24hrs?

BoatlessFisherman

Great Pics Rijkaard and Thanks for adding to that days report.
-Tommy A-

Lomax
Old Salt

Post by Lomax »

... I was there today till about 1:30. It sucked. I saw 10 tarpon around 80lbs come by underneath, and a nice Manta with no friends behind it.

Edited by Forum God. Too confrontational.

****MIKE****
Seasoned Fisher

Post by ****MIKE**** »

snook caught sunday the 22nd down by the beach
PERFECTION IN FISHING!

BoatlessFisherman

Thats the first Snook off the pier since it opened, Congrats
-Tommy A-

****MIKE****
Seasoned Fisher

Post by ****MIKE**** »

lol yea i wish it was the first keeper snook since it opened lol
PERFECTION IN FISHING!

BoatlessFisherman

10/24/06 Tuesday Morning

10/24/06 Tuesday Morning

Prttey slow, real nice cold breeze, a Keeper Mutto and Yellowtail, alot of small jacks in schools and Blue runners, our Favorite Houndys were available if one wanted to catch them. Did see a Cuda caught also.
-Tommy A-

BoatlessFisherman

A few Mutton Snappers, Yellowtails and Mangroves I am speaking of Keepers and the Muttons where nice, Big Jacks, Little Jacks, Blue runners, Houndfish.
Water kicked it up a notch in the afternoon and I think tomorrow Morning will bring some fish, fingers crossed
-Tommy A-

Lomax
Old Salt

Post by Lomax »

... Fished from opening til about 2 or so. Spanish on my first cast of the day, and had a few others hit in the am. Scattered crevelles around. The day was slow, but the conditions were getting better. Watched several schools of mullet cruise by. We have another front coming thru over the weekend. Northeast on monday. Looking for better action then.

Seen some dude in a heavy panic looking for a net to get his crevelle up. Oh wait! That was BF :lol: HaHa!!

BoatlessFisherman

Not yet but very soon they will be 24/7
-Tommy A-

Master-Baiter
Old Salt

26 Oct morning report.

Post by Master-Baiter »

OK, so I finally caved into my unfullfilled wanton desires, and decided to try Anglin's. The conditions just seemed like this morning might be good. I thought there would be fish, and decided to count my jug of quarters, had enough, so off to Anglin's I ventured. Surprising how fast that change can add up.

Grab my 8 lb 7 foot throwing stick, 10 foot 15 lb long rod for Pompano or bottom, another 6 1/2 footer with my trusty Ambassador 5000 12 lb test, and a 7 foot 8lb "bait" rod I also use for tossing jigs, and head over to Anglin's Pier.

I was only the second angler on the pier. Someone at the T, looked like he was fishing bottom. I set up around the middle shack, grab an outfit, and begin tossing. Incoming tide, due to be high about 11:45. I like fishing a few hours before.

Stayed until about 1:30 pm.

Really wish I had more action to report. :(

I only caught Kingfish, Spanish Macks,Cero Mack, Runners, Jacks tossing artificials. Lost a couple jigs to macks before I rigged my jig stick with wire. Also some yellowtail fishing finger mullet on the bottom. I don't think I landed more than 35 fish or so, plus several cutoffs before adding wire to my jig stick.

Krocodile spoon, 1/4 oz jigs with a grub tail, and sidewinder jig all produced for me today.

BF was there, caught a nice, large Spanish Mack. Over 5 lbs easy. Sheesh, talk about luck. btw: He also caught a lot of fish.

It was a pleasant time meeting and fishing with Tom, we got to chat quite a bit. There were some other forum anglers there, and I'll let BF write about that.

All totalled, with only a handful of anglers fishing from the pier, there was a nice variety caught. An under limit Cobia on the T, Kings (under slot and plentiful), Spanish Macks, Cero Mack, Yellowtail, Mutton, and larger mullet came through too. I may have forgotten some, since it was not my turn today to report on fishing, not on a day when I pay 7 bucks to fish it's not.

About 12:45, a big pod of larger Tarpon, 50-100 pounders cruised on south. A straggler was 8 foot, probably 150+. They're looking for the mullet, so it you're on the beach with a rod handy, SOUTH of Sunrise Blvd this afternoon-evening, keep your eyes wide open. That pod of big mullet is going to get ravaged by those Tarpon when the Tarpon finally catch up to them.

The northside jetty at Port Everglades may be an excellent choice to jump those Tarpon. The mullet may hold for awhile there later this afternoon, and a big Tarpon Fest could occur.

Did I also mention that as I was leaving, a couple Pompano were caught, one on a Kroc, one on a jig, and a bluefish was also on the deck? The Pompano were under slot.

So it looks to me like the waters here in Fort Lauderdale have heated up some, and I expect this evening will be an excellent jumping off point for an opportunity to catch just about anything from the piers or beaches.

I may return to Anglin's for the dusk bite. They give you a re-admission pass before you leave (remember to ask for it) so you can return later on the same day.

I'd expect the action the continue all day and into the evening. The weekend could be non stop action for several hours each day. Look for Pompano, Bluefish, Kings & Macks, runners, jacks, snapper, tarpon, snook and more. If you like fishing with artificials, get on a pier near the second trough.

That's my recommendation, and I'm sticking to it, until I see a reason to move a few feet.

Work is progressing on the pier, and temporary lighting was being installed today. I'm guessing they may be open soon for nightime or 24 hour fishing.

I think I may have gotten my moneys worth today. Who knows, tomorrow, I may find myself counting that big jug of dimes in the closet. :)

Pod of mullet, each one big enough to eat!

Just the ones I kept for a meal to two or three or maybe more. Had to get my money's worth. :)
Master Baiter

boballen75
Seasoned Fisher

wow sounds like a great day

Post by boballen75 »

I was there tuesday morning and things were alot slower. Caught two yellow tails around noon. I't was funny at that point i was just tossing out whatever i had in my box and caught them on a doa.

Lomax
Old Salt

Post by Lomax »

... I have fished everyday this week there. Today I did not, but I did wander out around 2 and hung for awhile. There were about 100 or so Pompano roaming around, all small. But, it is a start. After I left I saw 2 large schools of mullet to the south, past Oakland. I figure you all saw them earlier. The Tarpon were hammering them. Richie said tomorrow the pier goes 24 hours. Not sure if it is weekends only.

Tomorrow,... the fleas are going out :wink:

Master-Baiter
Old Salt

Post by Master-Baiter »

The lights being installed today should prove interesting. At least they were going up on the south side.

Think I'll go put "Blinded by the light" on my iPOD. :)
Master Baiter

Lomax
Old Salt

Post by Lomax »

... Just the south side will have them as I was told, and not every socket will have a bulb. But, it is better than nothing. I am hoping they start opening earlier, in the dark during the weekdays. 24/7 would be even better.

Master-Baiter
Old Salt

Post by Master-Baiter »

The good news:

Anglins Pier is open until 11:00 pm tonight. (Oct. 27, 2006, 30 minutes past midnight 10/25/2006). There is lighting in place.

The BAD News:

Anglin's Pier is closing, and locking their doors at 12:30 am. Yeah, I know, seems like they just re-opened, don't it.

The GOOD News:

Anglin's Pier is re-opening at first light, sunrise, around 6:30 am, and will remain open 24 hours / 7 days, subject to change, of course.

I received this information at 9:30 PM tonight, direct from a pier employee.

For additional information, or just to pester the under paid and overworked pier employees, the telephone number is: 954-491-9403
Master Baiter

BoatlessFisherman

So I will concur with Master Baiter and what he said was the truth, to add to this I will say the Bluefish came in strond in the late Afternoon and they did get a couple of Keeper Pompano, This was a good day fishing I had alot of fun this morning and I love when my boots are covered in fish scales.

If you have not been by to take a look, do check it out, bring a rod you may very well regret it if you don't.
-Tommy A-

swordfish
SHARKER

Post by swordfish »

Ok, so got out on the pier, and I have to say that it was well worth the 7 admission and 5 parking. The parking is like RIGHT next to the pier, you can see your car from the T. The pier is simply extraordinary in my view, so many species to catch, SO LITTLE TIME!!! With this I can say it will become a frequent haunt for me, especially since it will be open 24/7 thus allowing for me to fish when Im not working... My little red chair and I will bear witness to many a fish filled night to come.

While on the record, today I was hooked on the face by a gotcha and it was PAINFUL!!! :twisted: LOL, caught a few kings still in diapers, theyll make some great and smart fish some day thanks to our unorthodox, yet effective education... Had tons of fun and got to hang out with TOM, nice day, will be there on saturday night and I hope to find a fishing buddy before then who can hang with me throughout the night!!! Tight lines all!

Lone_Fisher
Seasoned Fisher

Bluefish

Post by Lone_Fisher »

How big have the blues been running?

Lone_Fisher
Seasoned Fisher

the math

Post by Lone_Fisher »

swordfish wrote:I have to say that it was well worth the 7 admission and 5 parking.
Wow, 3 trips to Anglins at $12 each = or go out on a party boat after some real fish! ($35)

Master-Baiter
Old Salt

Post by Master-Baiter »

Rijkaard wrote:I was thinking to head up a little bit at anglins' in the late afternoon until the closure, d'you guys think it will be fisheable with such strong southeast wind (between 15-25 knots)?
If you plan to stay until they close, pack a suitcase. They start their 24/7 hours today. :)
Master Baiter

Return to “Pier Fishing Reports, Threads Archive”