Juno Pier Fishing Reports 2007

This area is for Archived Pier fishing reports so those interested can go back in time and see what was being caught. This area will include all Old Pier Threads and any other fishing report threads that are archived.
gonesharkfishin'
Old Salt

Post by gonesharkfishin' »

dont even think about buying another setup mike :scold:
Got Sharks?

mikeypbg
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by mikeypbg »

Brad,
Layoff. I was just asking. But see, he bout the 5000. I just liked the look of the rod, which I think you will agree, I might be able to use.

Bridge Rat,
I have the 4000 and the 2500. When I saw the 5000 I liked that better than the 4000 for capacity reasons, since the reels are basically the same.

Next one might be an 8000 on a surf rod. Thoughts?

swordafishy
Seasoned Fisher

Post by swordafishy »

Bridge Rat wrote:thats a stradic 5000 and a custom stick made by complete angler, i used it yesterday lol
i know you want it bad danny... :P

it's an 8' blank.... and can throw goofy jigs, spooks, etc... miles
it's definitely one of my favorite sticks

kidfisher10
Seasoned Fisher

Post by kidfisher10 »

Today at Juno it there was some snook hitting i caught a 24 incher, and there was a huge school of mullet with blues chasing them from underneath. Alot of pomps were caught off of these jigs i think they are called bananna jigs and crappies. There were also some mullet snaged i got one of 'em.
Fish or die!!!!!!!!

mikeypbg
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by mikeypbg »

True. But I am looking for a surf rod. The baitrunner is a great feather and reel. And by the way, you can loosen or tighten the baitrunner feature ion those reels to make it more or less sensitive and let the bait run more or less.

Nice report though. Glad to hear Juno is starting to pick up.

krash
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by krash »

BigNiner19 wrote:... Im 4 weeks away from graduating college...I'll be up in gardens real soon...
Niner, you still fishing or just studying & playing ball ?
SW, Live to Fish, Have Tackle will travel ... >,)))~> ~~~~

BigNiner19
Seasoned Fisher

Post by BigNiner19 »

krash wrote:
BigNiner19 wrote:... Im 4 weeks away from graduating college...I'll be up in gardens real soon...
Niner, you still fishing or just studying & playing ball ?
I still somehow manage to get out one or two days a week and do atleast some bass fishing. I actually found a spot very close by NSU here that holds BIG freshie tarpon. Been a blast hooking into them on light tackle.

I also never posted it, I will have to post the pic. I caught a nice 7 lb bucketmouth the other day. Baseball and school are taking up 99% of my time right now, Im so close to graduating and baseball is in the heat of conference play. Pretty soon I'll just be working and fishing.

Cory
Snook Master

BoatlessFisherman
Fisherman - Owner - Administrator

Post by BoatlessFisherman »

Just some archive Fishing reports for reference:

May 27 2005
Starting monday Mackerel and Pompano some croakers and whitting. towards the middle of the week Bluefish, Pompano, Mackerel and on Weds Snook thursday slow to nil and friday Croakers, sand Perch and Moonfish in the morning. I am still waiting on the baitfish to show and stay.I am sure the fishing will be on and more consistent when the bait hangs around for a while.

May 19 2005
Beginning of the week started slow but picked up Wednesday as bait was around. The big showing is Bonitas, a few were around on Thursday. The Macks were also biting on the tee and also Pompano just past the first house on the north side with a slow north current on Thursday, croakers and whitting at the surf as usual. I was there on Thursday with the roofer and we did get quite a few Macks - had a nice scream on a Jack head. The roofer swam the Bluerunner I caught and got nailed within a minute of it hitting the water but didn't get a chance to see the fish because it took him by surprise and the hook pulled, sure did get the blood flowing so we.re on a mission to get some runners and bring them to the pier to fish them BECAUSE WE KNOW THERE'S BIG FISH THERE. Have you heard about the 35lb King caught two weeks ago?.

May 15 2005
Slow start with some Macks and Pompano Saturday. Mackerel were hitting but you had to work the three sides of the end, croakers, gulf kings and bluefish 150 feet off of the beach and alot of them, some Pompano were caught on Saturday but scarce, croakers, gulf kings were spotty on Sunday.

May 4 2005
14.5 lb Triple tail was caught and nice size Pompano, 2 Permit, small Kngfish, Coakers, Witting, Buefish, also large schools of Menhaden "small baitfish" moved through heading South on 05/04/05
-Tommy A-

click, click, click, Fish ON - Over, Under, Over, Under Get out of my Way. Sound familiar.

Gotcha
KING MACKEREL

Post by Gotcha »

I heard reports from my friend blues, pomps, macks, and jacks even bonitas the pier is getting hot. it's about time

Lone_Fisher
Seasoned Fisher

Post by Lone_Fisher »

BoatlessFisherman wrote:Just some archive Fishing reports
So what happened to 2006?

BoatlessFisherman

Lone_Fisher wrote:
BoatlessFisherman wrote:Just some archive Fishing reports
So what happened to 2006?
Had the forum running, started it in october of 2005.

Thought it would be better to have all fisherman put towards it in the forum, instead of just a one sided report from me, that is how boatless fishing started "me doing weekly fishing reports".
-Tommy A-

click, click, click, Fish ON - Over, Under, Over, Under Get out of my Way. Sound familiar.

mikeypbg
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by mikeypbg »

Anyone fishing Juno tommorow? Im probably leaving work around noon to head over there with some co-workers. Kind of an unofficial holiday.

Lemme know.

Lone_Fisher
Seasoned Fisher

Post by Lone_Fisher »

BoatlessFisherman wrote: Had the forum running, started it in october of 2005.
Thought it would be better to have all fisherman put towards it in the forum, instead of just a one sided report from me, that is how boatless fishing started "me doing weekly fishing reports".
But the reports are all dated 2005. :?: Did you mean to put 2006?

CubanExpress
Boatlessfishing.com FORUM SPONSOR

Post by CubanExpress »

Lone_Fisher wrote: But the reports are all dated 2005. :?: Did you mean to put 2006?
BoatlessFisherman wrote: Had the forum running, started it in october of 2005.
Last edited by CubanExpress on Thu Apr 26, 2007 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BoatlessFisherman

No Purple Tails , But I am hearing those Brown Mud Fish are around .

Lone Fisher the reports from 2006 are in the forum board back at that date.
-Tommy A-

Lone_Fisher
Seasoned Fisher

Post by Lone_Fisher »

BoatlessFisherman wrote:No Purple Tails , But I am hearing those Brown Mud Fish are around . Lone Fisher the reports from 2006 are in the forum board back at that date.
Ok, so what the heck are "purple tails"???

Gotcha
KING MACKEREL

Post by Gotcha »

these are from another site Image
Last edited by Gotcha on Mon May 07, 2007 9:11 pm, edited 3 times in total.

PBFisher
Seasoned Fisher

Post by PBFisher »

Gotcha wrote: This was caught about 2 weeks ago by this guy.
Hey man tells us about it!!!

Gotcha
KING MACKEREL

Post by Gotcha »

there were jacks being caught when this guy hit [/img]http://www.junobeachpier.net/images/cus ... ge_006.jpg[/img]

Juno Geezer
Fisher

Post by Juno Geezer »

this weekend before the pier got blown out, it was great, Saturday the pompano bit early in the morning, then again just before closing. A few macks and snook bit during the day, but Sunday was awesome. From about noon til almost two, the only way to not get a pompano was to keep your line out of the water. They all hit jigs, I don't remember seeing any on bait.

CubanExpress
Boatlessfishing.com FORUM SPONSOR

Post by CubanExpress »

Juno Geezer wrote:this weekend before the pier got blown out, it was great, Saturday the pompano bit early in the morning, then again just before closing. A few macks and snook bit during the day, but Sunday was awesome. From about noon til almost two, the only way to not get a pompano was to keep your line out of the water. They all hit jigs, I don't remember seeing any on bait.
How bad was the blowout?

Juno Geezer
Fisher

Post by Juno Geezer »

I'll put it this way, I hope they open the pier past the first shelter by the weekend. The surf knocked out several sections of deck this week.

mikeypbg
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by mikeypbg »

Whoa...half the pier is out?

anubis10111
Seasoned Fisher

Post by anubis10111 »

What happen at juno pier? I just read that some of the front of the pier is gone.
R.I.P. Johnny
10/31/69-02/06/08

Juno Geezer
Fisher

Post by Juno Geezer »

I guess I'll update my damage estimate, as of today, the pier was open to the west side of the T, but the T won't be up til at least Monday. there were lots of short pompano along with a few keepers. macks off and on, and one keeper cobia. I managed to inherit a half fillet, which we just had for dinner. Still about the best fish around.

Juno Geezer
Fisher

Post by Juno Geezer »

If you fish Juno often, you might recognise me as Skippy.

Team rebel
KING MACKEREL

Post by Team rebel »

SKIP! No way...deerfield derelicts forever :wink:
" Welcome to the Greatest Show on Surf"

http://WWW.TEAMREBELFISHING.COM

sarge
Fisher

is the pier open?

Post by sarge »

does any1 no if the pier is open, i was going sun am? thanks-sarge

Gotcha
KING MACKEREL

Post by Gotcha »

yes but not to the t here is the number 1-561-799-0185

DeezNuts
Seasoned Fisher

Post by DeezNuts »

Went there this past saturday (5/19). Was dead when I got there (besides croakers in the surf). I hooked up with a couple nice macs on my gotcha and a huge spanish cut my line. I didnt end up landing any tho. Towards the surf there was a couple nice snook landed and there was lots o greenies too. Right before the pier closed people started catching macs in the surf and a gigantic cloud of either mullet or greenies rolled through which had a couple gigantic jacks ripping through there. Anyhow it was nice to finally fish juno pier.

Return to “Pier Fishing Reports, Threads Archive”