Juno Pier Fishing Reports 2007

This area is for Archived Pier fishing reports so those interested can go back in time and see what was being caught. This area will include all Old Pier Threads and any other fishing report threads that are archived.
Libbs25
Fisher

Post by Libbs25 »

went their yesterday caught 40lb jack a decent bonita a few macks ..

go out and drop the hammer!

BoatlessFisherman
Fisherman - Owner - Administrator

Post by BoatlessFisherman »

Thanks for the reports
-Tommy A-

click, click, click, Fish ON - Over, Under, Over, Under Get out of my Way. Sound familiar.

snakehead terror
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by snakehead terror »

Libbs25 wrote:went their yesterday caught 40lb jack a decent bonita a few macks ..

go out and drop the hammer!
40 pound jack??? That must have been a heck of a fight!
BEAST
snapperkiller

Libbs25
Fisher

Post by Libbs25 »

yah it was great fight especially when it is 100 degrees out side but in the end the old trusty chaos (rod) stood up to the battle... it hit a cigar minnow once it hit water

snakehead terror
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by snakehead terror »

How did you land it?
BEAST
snapperkiller

anubis10111
Seasoned Fisher

Post by anubis10111 »

Waz up guys! Well I went today to juno pier, got there like around 8:30am , the pier wasn't that crowded except By the end in the T. I din't see anybody catch anything at that time. Like around 10:00 am the macks were hitting like crazy, got to catch 3, they were decent size. There was also lots of Bait on the north side of the pier. Like around one in the afternoon I caught a bonito on a live pilchard. And then the bite stop for a few hours nobody was having any luck. Until 5 o'clock that a guy caught a kingfish by the south side of the T, that fish must of been at least 25 to 30 lbs . Other people started catching snook. Too bad the season starts tomorrow. Because they looked like keepers. Well that's was it for me I went home with at least 3 macks and one bonito wich I'll use for shark bait, down at the keys. Till next time....
R.I.P. Johnny
10/31/69-02/06/08

swordfish
SHARKER

Post by swordfish »

DUDE I was there the whole time... LOL Too funny! I drove 100+ miles to catch... *drumroll* a BLUERUNNER! :lol:

Here is ROB whom is the Juno PWNER! He told me a thing or two which I shall use next time Im up there. Thx ROB! It was a good day, although hot and slow for me... All I wanted was a Bonie... LOL

Also... I was hanging out with the Roofer, and I must say that I didnt like the vibe that was looming about the pier... A lot of negativity and disrespect toward elders. Anyway, Ill be going more often on fridays when it cools off a bit.

mikeypbg
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by mikeypbg »

Swordfish...shoulda come to DFP. I didnt get any but there were plenty bonies out there. I had one king run but lost it because I was using the wrong tackle.

Ill probably be out there again this afternoon.

swordfish
SHARKER

Post by swordfish »

Sounds good... and man oh man, its so much closer! LOL Ill be out there soon! I love the bonies... As a matter of fact Ill get on a drifboat just for the drag screaming, I might even take one for eating... trust me when I tell you, if well cleaned and bled they are just as good as any tuna! This coming from someone whos had the opportunity to eat a slice of tuna while its still moving! LOL Yellowfin, back in my commercial fishing days!

-Swordfish

Lone_Fisher
Seasoned Fisher

Post by Lone_Fisher »

Made the drive out to Juno for the snook opener, arriving just shy of the sunrise. I've never seen a pier so packed in my life! Ended up fishing near the T with my lady, anybody see me?

Anyway, she hooks up first (a monster), hands me the rod in desperation, but it was too late, the fish had already turned, gone over everybody's lines and with everybody draggin ass to get out of the way... another line cut on the pilings. Later I landed my first of the season... under slot.

We stuck it out til just past noon after which the heat was too much and the fish were too lock-jawed. The main problem was that the baitfish, although plentiful, were just too small. All in all, just a hand-full of keepers this Sept 1st.

BigNiner19
Seasoned Fisher

Post by BigNiner19 »

Lone_Fisher wrote:Made the drive out to Juno for the snook opener, arriving just shy of the sunrise. I've never seen a pier so packed in my life! Ended up fishing near the T with my lady, anybody see me?

Anyway, she hooks up first (a monster), hands me the rod in desperation, but it was too late, the fish had already turned, gone over everybody's lines and with everybody draggin ass to get out of the way... another line cut on the pilings. Later I landed my first of the season... under slot.

We stuck it out til just past noon after which the heat was too much and the fish were too lock-jawed. The main problem was that the baitfish, although plentiful, were just too small. All in all, just a hand-full of keepers this Sept 1st.
More of the same you speak of septemeber 3. Saw two underslot snook caught. Couple of really small mackeral. Baitfish was plentiful but very tiny. The bigger baitfish were dork jacks, which are on the bottom of a snooks list IMO.
Snook Master

fishnfool73
AMBASSADOR to the... BF FORUM

Post by fishnfool73 »

BIGNINER Try those dork jacks free lined aroung the bait schools esp when the bait is tiny. I landed my biggest snook on a dork jack fished in the same situation as you described. I have landed numerous other snook as well on them when no other hand size bait could be found.

BigNiner19
Seasoned Fisher

Post by BigNiner19 »

fishnfool73 wrote:BIGNINER Try those dork jacks free lined aroung the bait schools esp when the bait is tiny. I landed my biggest snook on a dork jack fished in the same situation as you described. I have landed numerous other snook as well on them when no other hand size bait could be found.
fishnfool,

You are right, since its a bigger bait. The snook will give them a look. But its not the same look a nice big threadfin, or pilchard would get. I caught one underslot fish on a dork jack. But its much better with the other bigger baits. Big "white bait"

Cory
Snook Master

CubanExpress
Boatlessfishing.com FORUM SPONSOR

Post by CubanExpress »

if there is small baits... I would catch a 1-2 lb blue runner cut it in half & use the head portion... Or Better yet if you can catch a bonita cut it up in strips/chunks.. whip it under the T of the pier and hold on

Big dead oily baits = Big Snook

fishnfool73
AMBASSADOR to the... BF FORUM

Post by fishnfool73 »

BIGNINER I agree 100 % That is a trick I learned on Dania when no other good size bait could be caught in the middle of the summer baits. I'll take a ladyfish,sand perch, or threadfin every time for a snook unless I can get my hands on a croaker.
Last edited by fishnfool73 on Tue Sep 04, 2007 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

james380
........POST HO........... "I post for FREE"

Post by james380 »

Your secret is safe with me.
"Political correctness is tyranny with manners."
- Charlton Heston
"Truth is treason in an empire of lies." - Ron Paul
In the beginning god created Evolution.

Intheslot
Fisher

Sunday 9/9

Post by Intheslot »

Was there Sunday at dawn. Saw maybe 5 oveslot snooks but no keepers landed and a big King (25+) on the T with a gotcha.

Lot's of bait of small size and mackeral bite was hot.

Huge number of googans! The inconsiderate tards set up three rods and walk away. :auto: I lost an overslot so wasn't really a big deal but if I ever hook what appears to be a keeper, I'm really gonna get po'd and might "accidentally" step on a rod or two in they aren't attended properly. :evil:

Tieing into the post above, did hook a monster on a lady fish head. Didn't stand a chance even with my broomstick and 100 lb test.

Saw a few mullet at the beach so maybe it's all starting :lol:

Intheslot
Fisher

Mullet run?

Post by Intheslot »

Any recent sightings of the mullet run?

Intheslot
Fisher

Mullet run?

Post by Intheslot »

Any recent sightings of the mullet run?

kngfshman
KING MACKEREL

Re: Sunday 9/9

Post by kngfshman »

Intheslot wrote:landed and a big King (25+) on the T with a gotcha.
What color was the gotcha?
GET THE GAFF!!!

Intheslot
Fisher

Post by Intheslot »

kngfshman wrote:
Intheslot wrote:landed and a big King (25+) on the T with a gotcha.
What color was the gotcha?

I wasn't close enough to be entirely sure but believe the body to be gold.

Lone_Fisher
Seasoned Fisher

Post by Lone_Fisher »

Intheslot wrote:The inconsiderate tards set up three rods and walk away.
The other day this guy with a 4/0 and broomstick rod sets up next to me leaving 3 unused spinning rods on the rail. I asked politely if he wasn't using to move them. So he shifts them towards him a bit. :evil: I chose to let it go, not worth it. Well the idiot hooks into what seemed a keeper snook and then crashes all over his own rods fighting it, costing him the fish. :lol: Oh, sweet justice!!!

Intheslot
Fisher

Post by Intheslot »

Lone_Fisher wrote:
Intheslot wrote:The inconsiderate tards set up three rods and walk away.
The other day this guy with a 4/0 and broomstick rod sets up next to me leaving 3 unused spinning rods on the rail. I asked politely if he wasn't using to move them. So he shifts them towards him a bit. :evil: I chose to let it go, not worth it. Well the idiot hooks into what seemed a keeper snook and then crashes all over his own rods fighting it, costing him the fish. :lol: Oh, sweet justice!!!
Oh, that is so sweet. I would have laughed my ars off but I imagine that you have more class than I. Googans.

james380
........POST HO........... "I post for FREE"

Post by james380 »

Serves him right. All it takes is a little respect for the neighboring fisherman.
"Political correctness is tyranny with manners."
- Charlton Heston
"Truth is treason in an empire of lies." - Ron Paul
In the beginning god created Evolution.

anubis10111
Seasoned Fisher

Post by anubis10111 »

Waz up guys! Was at juno yesterday with the family, nothing really happening out there yesterday, but lots of bait that were getting slamed by bluerunners, they were everywhere. Snook was also having a feast on them. Like around 5 pm I saw a kid catch a keeper snook by the middle hut. Oh!! and there was a guy wearing a red shirt, fishing on the T, that two times got something big on his rod. but I guess nobody got to see what it was because the two times that he had those fish on his rod he would let the fish take him all the way to the front of the pier wich both times he lost. I hope that he learns his lesson. well that's it for now. good luck to everyone that will go to juno on the upcoming days..
R.I.P. Johnny
10/31/69-02/06/08

Intheslot
Fisher

Juno Pier 9/19 Early AM

Post by Intheslot »

Went to Juno Pier early AM before work. Lots of bait from shore to "T" being absolutely pounded by snook, poons, bluefish, mackeral, and various other lesser species. It was off the hook. :cheers:

frentals
KING MACKEREL

Post by frentals »

bluefish or runners?
facebook.com/landsharkfishing
youtube.com/landsharkfishingtv

Intheslot
Fisher

Bluefish

Post by Intheslot »

Definetely Bluefish. Runners were in included in the "lesser species" I mentioned.

frentals
KING MACKEREL

Post by frentals »

hopefully theyll be making there way into broward :)
facebook.com/landsharkfishing
youtube.com/landsharkfishingtv

Intheslot
Fisher

Post by Intheslot »

Thanks Sharkman for the nice report.

I just called there (Wednesday) and was advised that the bite was strong for spanish, small kings, blues, and others. Given that they nice pier folks tend to overexagerate, I'll just have to go and check it it out myself after work, won't I?

Return to “Pier Fishing Reports, Threads Archive”