Juno Fishing Pier Reports 2010 "Reports Only"

This area is for Archived Pier fishing reports so those interested can go back in time and see what was being caught. This area will include all Old Pier Threads and any other fishing report threads that are archived.
JunoChris
KING MACKEREL

Re: Juno Fishing Pier Reports 2010 "Reports Only"

Post by JunoChris »

Bait is plentiful is you like inch and a half long baits. There hasnt been big baits other then mullet there is about a month.
ILSFA Member and Record Holder
Team Blackbart

malibuminix
Old Salt

Post by malibuminix »

Fished the pier yesterday.Plenty of decent bait.Snook every where and in big numbers.I have personally never seen mackerel feeding like they had yesterday.Any one could been limited out on them.Saw some mullet when I was leaving and Snook was feeding on them.Caught 4 Snook but no keeper for me.Maybe next time.

cudaking305
Old Salt

Post by cudaking305 »

fished yesterday and today yesterday got there late coming from sebastian inlet caught like 6 or 7 mak and alot of jacks and ladyfish and 2 snook. today i caught my limit on mak, a big jak, some blue runners and some big ladyfish, bait was plentiful. i got cutoff about 30 times though but it was worth it sent my dad to juno bait and tackle to go get me some longshanks. Saw alot of snook come up today too.
Fishing all day everyday

Boca Jetty Rat
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Boca Jetty Rat »

Fished it today from 3pm to 7pm. Snook to be had, white baits here and there, mullet being snagged, not as many macs today as the other day I was there. Water was like coffee and very windy still. Surfers galore on the south side. T was jam packed. :toast:

JunoChris
KING MACKEREL

Post by JunoChris »

A few shorts and a few overs today along with one keeper. There was a lot of small bluefish, many below the minimum size limit and assorted sizes of ladyfish. There were tiny hadens in the morning but wont be there long with the little bluefish there. A decent amount of mullet coming through and thats what I got most of the snook on. The water was coffee brown again.

So far I have four keepers since the season started. Its been weird with the late start because the baits that are left are so small. Friday wasnt very good with too many people and the fish werent floating very much. Saturday was real good with lots of fish floating at the T in the small baits and the water was clean. Sunday the water turned brown and there was a lot of shorts, I lost count at after 15 just for me. Today the fishing in the baits at the T sucked, but some mullet came through and the big fish were biting. Almost all the fish on mullet were oversized, although there were a couple slots including mine. I hooked several fish I couldnt turn but the biggest fish I landed was just over 43 inches.
Team Blackbart

fishaddict0916
Old Salt

Post by fishaddict0916 »

JunoChris wrote:A few shorts and a few overs today along with one keeper. There was a lot of small bluefish, many below the minimum size limit and assorted sizes of ladyfish. There were tiny hadens in the morning but wont be there long with the little bluefish there. A decent amount of mullet coming through and thats what I got most of the snook on. The water was coffee brown again.

So far I have four keepers since the season started. Its been weird with the late start because the baits that are left are so small. Friday wasnt very good with too many people and the fish werent floating very much. Saturday was real good with lots of fish floating at the T in the small baits and the water was clean. Sunday the water turned brown and there was a lot of shorts, I lost count at after 15 just for me. Today the fishing in the baits at the T sucked, but some mullet came through and the big fish were biting. Almost all the fish on mullet were oversized, although there were a couple slots including mine. I hooked several fish I couldnt turn but the biggest fish I landed was just over 43 inches.
Sounds like a fun day Chris!! Way to go!! :thumleft: :toast:

Boca Jetty Rat
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Boca Jetty Rat »

Seen alot of jumbo snook today. All snookzillas. Junochris said it all. Snagging mullet sucks! I got blisters and a blown out elbow and only one jumped snook to show for it.

snookslayer08
Weekend Warrior

Post by snookslayer08 »

Fished 3-7pm after school today. it was pretty slow, couple macs and ladyfish with lots of small blues. Lots of snmall dines and haden and schools of mullet coming by every now and then. Caught one lil 20" snook on a big dine and a few others around the same size were caught on hadens. Netted a 32" keeper for one guy who got it on a haden. That was about it. Lots of 4-6ft tips in the mullet though but no one was fishing for them.
-Nick

Boca Jetty Rat
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Boca Jetty Rat »

Seen the tips. Mullet were brutal today. Running deep and no really big pods except one. Water still like coffee and ocean was way blown out. I'm not really a pier guy but today was the most blown out I've ever seen. So long Juno I love you, going back to work tomorrow so who know's when I will see you and your beutifull Snookzilla's again. :toast:

JunoChris
KING MACKEREL

Post by JunoChris »

Yea it sucked today at Juno. Dirty water, small crap fish like tiny blues and ribbon fish. I got one oversized snook and that was it for the morning.

I went to another spot that I usually go to when it gets really rough. Ended up getting a few shorts and a nice keeper.
Team Blackbart

Boca Jetty Rat
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Boca Jetty Rat »

I'm sure I met the whole Juno crowd, just didnt intruduce myself. I like the vibe up there alot. I got the black, gold, yellow, xgeneration rod torium 30 with the yellow line, its my pier pimp stick. :toast:

jbt12282
Weekend Warrior

Post by jbt12282 »

I live down in south county and just began working up here - right next to Dubois park actually. I haven't yet, but plan on bringing my rod up here for my lunch break or maybe some pier action when I get off at 5. I was wondering if anyone ever fishes inside south side of the inlet successfully? As well, do redfish come this far south during the fall and winter months - my boss mentioned somnething about it, but I had no idea they came this far and am skeptical. Thanks guys!

james380
........POST HO........... "I post for FREE"

Post by james380 »

JBT i've heard of reds being caught in the intracoastal just north of Okee blvd. If that's the case then I would say yes. Also I would definitely bring your rod for a little after work action.
"Political correctness is tyranny with manners."
- Charlton Heston
"Truth is treason in an empire of lies." - Ron Paul
In the beginning god created Evolution.

Lomax aka ZEBCO
SHARKER

Post by Lomax aka ZEBCO »

8) Fished till around noonish. Threw 15 or so Macks in the cooler, 2 to 3 lbrs. Saw half dozen or so more. Bluefish were around, but little. Few Snook caught, didn't see any keepers. Friend of mine pulled up one 30 to 35 lb range. Water is just dirty. Just call it Yoohoo Ocean. Steady mullet, and small baits.

bolo
USER BANNED

Post by bolo »

Zebco wrote:8) Fished till around noonish. Threw 15 or so Macks in the cooler, 2 to 3 lbrs. Saw half dozen or so more. Bluefish were around, but little. Few Snook caught, didn't see any keepers. Friend of mine pulled up one 30 to 35 lb range. Water is just dirty. Just call it Yoohoo Ocean. Steady mullet, and small baits.
Thanks for the report Zeb.
The Judge asked the prostitute, "At what point did you realize you were raped?"
The prostitute replied (wiping away tears), "When the check bounced."

JunoChris
KING MACKEREL

Post by JunoChris »

Got my keeper in the morning at the same spot i got one yesterday. Hit the pier in the afternoon for an hour just for fun and got one oversized. More surfers then decent fish.
Team Blackbart

Sirsnookalot
KING MACKEREL

Post by Sirsnookalot »

As far as redfish in the ICW in Palm Beach, I've heard that they do catch some, but I never have. 20+# Jacks are not uncommon in that area, this I can attest to first hand, I don't know if they are around right now.

snookslayer08
Weekend Warrior

Post by snookslayer08 »

Boca Jetty Rat wrote:I'm sure I met the whole Juno crowd, just didnt intruduce myself. I like the vibe up there alot. I got the black, gold, yellow, xgeneration rod torium 30 with the yellow line, its my pier pimp stick. :toast:
Oh hey, I was the one with the maroon lott bros shirt and camo visor nice to meet ya.
-Nick

Boca Jetty Rat
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Boca Jetty Rat »

Hey right on. :toast:

cudaking305
Old Salt

Post by cudaking305 »

Thinking of heading out there to catch some mack how have they been doing with this east wind up there?
Fishing all day everyday

Lomax aka ZEBCO
SHARKER

Post by Lomax aka ZEBCO »

Mornings. T.

avet4life
Seasoned Fisher

Post by avet4life »

any luck this morning???

kiz
Seasoned Fisher

Post by kiz »

I met up with fishaddict0916 on Sat morning just after 630 in the morning. It was a great day if you love the Ladies. ( fish not bikini's). I must have had at least a dozen of them jump and spit the hook. I landed 1 of each of the following. Bluefish, Blue Runner, Ladyfish. Oddly enough no one was around when I did so I sent them back swimming. I have a nice Mac come up about 7 15 that I lost on the flip.. Bigger macs were coming up slowly but they were out there. I left at noon as I had to make sure Shakira was happy with her dressing room for her concert that night... Good morning on the water...
Pucked up brewery
"adding more ABV per bottle so you can add more inches to your last catch...

avet4life
Seasoned Fisher

Post by avet4life »

Wow, sound like is good morning in Juno.
I fish down in Lake worth and did not have much luck at all.
Report came back that after 10:00am that the Ladies was hitting.
Next time I am fishing Juno. Lake worth is slow.

fixed80
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by fixed80 »

avet4life wrote:Wow, sound like is good morning in Juno.
I fish down in Lake worth and did not have much luck at all.
Report came back that after 10:00am that the Ladies was hitting.
Next time I am fishing Juno. Lake worth is slow.
no we need more lake worth reports. :mrgreen:

snookslayer08
Weekend Warrior

Post by snookslayer08 »

from now until the week of thanksgiving it's a waste of my time to go to juno. it's time to sit down an get everything ready for cobe season :dude:
-Nick

JunoChris
KING MACKEREL

Post by JunoChris »

Got a keeper in the morning and three shorts in the evening. The runners ran off the bait in the evening and that might be it for bait juno for this year.
Team Blackbart

sn00kslayer
Seasoned Fisher

Post by sn00kslayer »

Blue Runners, Big Lady Fish, Keeper snook, Spanish macs, Bluefish(sparse) Overall average.
STEELERS

frentals
KING MACKEREL

Post by frentals »

snookslayer08 wrote:from now until the week of thanksgiving it's a waste of my time to go to juno. it's time to sit down an get everything ready for cobe season :dude:
That is possibly the gayest thing I've heard.
facebook.com/landsharkfishing
youtube.com/landsharkfishingtv

snookslayer08
Weekend Warrior

Post by snookslayer08 »

frentals wrote:
That is possibly the gayest thing I've heard.
ok viktor, I'm sorry that i don't enjoy catching bluefish and ladyfish
-Nick

Return to “Pier Fishing Reports, Threads Archive”