Juno Fishing Pier Reports 2010 "Reports Only"

This area is for Archived Pier fishing reports so those interested can go back in time and see what was being caught. This area will include all Old Pier Threads and any other fishing report threads that are archived.
rshields
GOLIATH GROUPER

Re: Juno Fishing Pier Reports 2010 "Reports Only"

Post by rshields »

Went out at sun-up. Bait was thick, snook were everywhere. Pulling lures for Jacks, Bonita, Macs anything, no takers on bucs, spoons, diamonds, wind cheaters and x-raps. Bottom bait, fresh dines and calico crabs again no hits. sighting for cobia if they were comming by but I was not surprised to not see any to throw at.
Guy on the "T" reeled in a small king from a bottom bait and some other anglers bringing up snook. Some guys slamming them back in the water and others netting them back down. Told the slammers to think before slammin the snook back for a belly flop and they used a net for their next release happy to say.
Had a few trolley's set-up right next to me. And trolley's for me are not my favorite rig especially when I'm throwing lures and the trolley's box me in on either side. Big "T" but I am a trolly magnet so I worked around the log jam. Slight current to the North, winds at time were nonexistant and by 1PM it was smoldering. We did see a swordfish crashing through the bait and it stayed around long enough to have a few ghosts thrown at it and it was chasing one guys lure but no hit. Allot of small rays. Slow beautiful summer day.

Met Ryan from the forum out there today. Nice to talk with you today Ryan.

PhishingPhanatic
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by PhishingPhanatic »

rshields wrote:swordfish crashing through the bait
A swordfish or a sailfish?

Was any of the bait close enough to the beach to net from shore?

rshields
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by rshields »

My bad, I meant to say Sailfish. Had the sail on the back not the fin. I didn't get a great look at it but at the side angle about 70 yards out and the guys around me confirmed it was a sailfish about 5 feet long.

Ryan71
Old Salt

Post by Ryan71 »

Rsheilds said it all. I freelined to snook caught 7 throughout the day. had a crab out from 1 to 7 no takers.
It was nice to meet you Rick.

fixed80
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by fixed80 »

thanx rshield and ryan for the report. i wanna go back down there but am not sure when.
I only want to catch bonita cuz there so 8) and perfect 4 sharks.

rngriley
Fisher

Post by rngriley »

As far as bait on the beach! Was there last saturday before sunup and bait was thick in the surf along with snook from 2lbs - 18lbs. After the sun came up bait disappeared except for a tiny school hitting size 3 sabikis. The snook were literally swimming through the people in the water. pretty cool.. pods of 5-25

malibuminix
Old Salt

Post by malibuminix »

Fished from 6.30am till 1 pm today.Snook in the morning.Bonita cruising by about every 30 minutes or so and a lot's of small mack's.Bait isn't solid but we we re catching them non stop. Other then that,a bunch of stupid kids at the T-throwing everything at those boats catching bait to close to the pier.I am surprised nobody called the police on them yet.They will hurt some one sooner or later.Don't even talk about the cursing.Unbelievable.

sight fisher 131
Seasoned Fisher

Post by sight fisher 131 »

After one there were still snook and bonitos and there was a cobia caught, and like every cast you would get a little 2 foot blacktip on a bottom rig. and there was also a poon hooked in the 100 pound range but spit the hook. So overall it was a good day.
zzzzzz zzzzzzz zzzzz FISH ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

snakehead terror
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by snakehead terror »

malibuminix wrote:Fished from 6.30am till 1 pm today.Snook in the morning.Bonita cruising by about every 30 minutes or so and a lot's of small mack's.Bait isn't solid but we we re catching them non stop. Other then that,a bunch of stupid kids at the T-throwing everything at those boats catching bait to close to the pier.I am surprised nobody called the police on them yet.They will hurt some one sooner or later.Don't even talk about the cursing.Unbelievable.
The boats are breaking the law by being too close to the pier. And about the cursing, its a public fishing pier, you deal with it if you want to fish there.
BEAST
snapperkiller

crashmister
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by crashmister »

snakehead terror wrote:
malibuminix wrote:Fished from 6.30am till 1 pm today.Snook in the morning.Bonita cruising by about every 30 minutes or so and a lot's of small mack's.Bait isn't solid but we we re catching them non stop. Other then that,a bunch of stupid kids at the T-throwing everything at those boats catching bait to close to the pier.I am surprised nobody called the police on them yet.They will hurt some one sooner or later.Don't even talk about the cursing.Unbelievable.
The boats are breaking the law by being too close to the pier. And about the cursing, its a public fishing pier, you deal with it if you want to fish there.
Yeah and your breaking the law by throwing things at them. And by the way, Profanity is the attempt of the feeble mind to express itself forcibly. So if you can't keep a civil tongue in your head then just shut up! Deal with that!
Nice Boat! Now get it outa my driveway!

Ryan71
Old Salt

Post by Ryan71 »

I see both sides of the story but what are yopu supposed to do about the boats then?
You call the kids stupid but they keep the boats at bay, and stoptghey from spooking your fish.(You will notice during the summer bonita about always come through as soon as the bait leaves.)
The kids aren't that stupid either none are actually throwing at the boat they are snagging the boats sabikis and giving the boats a warning sign.
I love how this has gone on at Juno forever and it was adults throwing at the boats(cursing also) and no one says anything, But as soon as the kids follow suit they are called stupid and a disruption.

Sorry for this not being a report but this needed to be said.
While I was a juno the bait wasn't bad lots of huge dine's plenty of snook hiting them and a few bonita running around. Lots of action such as busting b aits and baits runs. Water was colder and a green color.

HookinSnook
Old Salt

Post by HookinSnook »

SaltyDog wrote:I am not saying don't do it it's yall's pier handle it :pistols: What i will say is just be careful someone can really get hurt or worse. I only fished there once i seen the kids doing it and honestly the shlt was funny they weren't trying to hit the boat they were trying to snag sabikis the one kid was really good at it. :biglaugh: Now all of you bashing kids the guy in the boat that day(Wednesday) was a pure deuche he was egging the kids on and was even saying go the beach like dude you're 45 fishing with yor kid and dad and you're ready to throw down with teenagers lol There are other places to get bait around there and same as Dania but that crap happens too much boaters have the whole ocean us shore guys don't! Just be careful guys and make sure the kids are good casters and one stupid move can cost you your life or a significant part of it. A guy got charged with felony launching a missile from land or some crap like that for throwing a mullet at a boat in PSL so just be careful hate to see a pier kid get in trouble over a boat moron. As far as the language who gives a shlt lol j/k just watch it around women bad language that is funny right there it is a fishing pier right?? :roll:
Fished Friday from 6:00 am to 1:00 pm and i think the same boat was out there screeming at the kids, too stupid and funny :nopity: . What up Ryan, its Frank. What time did you and Buff boy leave? :biglaugh:
Frank

Ryan71
Old Salt

Post by Ryan71 »

I left around 3 casey left some time after I wasn't sure.
The fishing heated up a little after you left I caught a few on freeline and missed some more. Botom fishing wasn't bad either casey caught 1 around 20lbs on bottom.

fishaddict0916
Old Salt

Post by fishaddict0916 »

Fished the pier from 6am to 7pm today. Was a totally different day than normal. Mutton snapper started hitting fairly early this morning. I saw just about every kind of snapper there is pulled up today, except Cuberra & Red. Mutton, yellow tail, lane, and grover as well as Margate, Horse-eye Jack, Trigger Fish, and BIG grunts. Then there was the normal fish like Snook, Bonita, Blue Runners, Etc. Every one seemed to think that the reason the snapper and other reef fish were there was due to the fact that the water was exceptionally cold.

Personally, I landed 3 Muttons, (1 short and 2 keepers), 4 bonies, 1 snook, and 6 Boo Runners. Oh, and a small sting ray. Bait was plentiful all day until about 4pm or so....mostly huge dines with some cig minnows mixed in.

All in all, a fun and diverse day to be out fishing!!

malibuminix
Old Salt

Post by malibuminix »

I was at the pier today from 6 am till 3 pm.Nothing was going on in the morning at all.Lot of the people who showed up this morning came because the Snapper was there saturday.Not much Snapper action today at all.Bonita was pushing the bait around the pier and I saw some 30-40 caught at least.Around 2 pm the Snook turned on and then a it was raining like crazy.We left at 3 pm.I caught 4 Bonita and missed 4 Snook.A few of those kid's were there from friday and a few boats came close to the pier again but it was more civilized then friday.

Permit53
Old Salt

Post by Permit53 »

Boats to close... that S#!t dont happen at LW pier. Well at least when i used to fish there...HAHAHAHA. get em all baby :reeling:
Fish like its the last cast you will ever make.

fixed80
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by fixed80 »

Permit53 wrote:Boats to close... that S#!t dont happen at LW pier. Well at least when i used to fish there...HAHAHAHA. get em all baby :reeling:
welllllll, you kno what happens when a boat comes to close to lake worth pier right.
it gets shot down. :P

anyway. i made it to the pier a lil after 6am or before the sun cam up. bait fish everywhere. :cheers:, oh and they were feasting on the sabikies. not too long after the sun came up....
the bonnies came through feeding on sardines although a few anglers hooked up. there were some snook caught as well as the usual blue runner but these guys were big.

overall.... the bite was slow this morning till i left after noon. the boats did drift inside the buoys but they weren't a real problem. did see a boat come up to the pier, however; the driver and the scuba diver were there to collect water samples. :roll:

hmmmm, i almost forgot something.... someones 150 dollar pole flew off the pier today.
i was walking to the north corner and i heard a noise like something was taking off.
so i looked behind me quickly and that's when i notice the rod left the pier and into the water. even though it was just an accident probably cuz the drag was tight but it still sucks. another thing that sucked also was that my braid kept breaking. i hooked up to two bonnies and the line just broke on me. :evil: man was i p!!!!!!!.
so i switched to another rod and landed one. so really not to many fish were caught compared to yesterday or a few days ago. same thing for the snappers too. onle 2 were caught when i was there. but anyone who is looking for bait... juno has it. sardines and cigar minnows.

fixed80
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by fixed80 »

here is the nursey someone caught.

now kids.... dont miss school tomorrow. :wink:

JunoChris
KING MACKEREL

Post by JunoChris »

Went to the pier last night after I got back from the keys. Caught some small jacks (5pds) and one king about 10pds, all on X-Raps. Saw a couple other king bites.
This morning there was snook, a couple snapper, and more small jacks. No kings.
ILSFA Member and Record Holder
Team Blackbart

Fisherman009
Fisher

Post by Fisherman009 »

fixed80 wrote:here is the nursey someone caught.

now kids.... dont miss school tomorrow. :wink:
That was mine he was breaking off for me
"Get hooked on fishing not on drugs!!!"

Fisherman009
Fisher

Post by Fisherman009 »

rob762 wrote:
snakehead terror wrote: The boats are breaking the law by being too close to the pier. And about the cursing, its a public fishing pier, you deal with it if you want to fish there.
x2 what Crash said. No place for that anywhere amongst civil people. Juno Beach just happens to have an ordinance as well.

Report the conduct to the pier attendant....

Sec. 18-24. Disorderliness.
No person in a park shall engage in loud, boisterous, threatening or abusive language, or engage in any disorderly conduct or behavior tending to a breach of the public peace.
(Code 1980, § 10-18; Ord. No. 111, § 6, 11-9-1970)
It says in a park not on a pier :stupid:
"Get hooked on fishing not on drugs!!!"

crashmister
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by crashmister »

Fisherman009 wrote:
rob762 wrote:
snakehead terror wrote: The boats are breaking the law by being too close to the pier. And about the cursing, its a public fishing pier, you deal with it if you want to fish there.
x2 what Crash said. No place for that anywhere amongst civil people. Juno Beach just happens to have an ordinance as well.

Report the conduct to the pier attendant....

Sec. 18-24. Disorderliness.
No person in a park shall engage in loud, boisterous, threatening or abusive language, or engage in any disorderly conduct or behavior tending to a breach of the public peace.
(Code 1980, § 10-18; Ord. No. 111, § 6, 11-9-1970)
It says in a park not on a pier :stupid:
Yeah it does. And Juno pier is part of and located in Juno beach ocean PARK! Here's a tip, Next time a boat get's to close to the pier take one of the camera's you all have and take pictures of it. Pay special attention to the registration #s on the front of the boat. Then call the peir and tell them you want what ever law enforcement agency that patrols the pier to come out and take your complaint. They will fine the boat owner. Considering you have multple witnesses you should have no problem getting a conviction. that will hurt him far more than any name you can call him. That is how adult's handel it. If this guy didn't enjoy pissing you off he wouldn't come back. Mature people already know this. Swearing like an adult means nothing. Acting like one will get you respect. Patients= The ability to overcome the irresistible urge to choke the living sh1t out of some azzhole who desperately need it. Now back to the reports.
Nice Boat! Now get it outa my driveway!

Ryan71
Old Salt

Post by Ryan71 »

For me today ended up with 2 bonita about 7 jacks and 6 snook. Most jacks were like 3-5lbs and one I got was like 25lbs. The snook were all tiny the biggest around 11-12lbs. Bonita were average 10-15lb fish.
Pretty wet out there though.
Lots of dines for baits. Some kings around. Had my big X-rap cut off by one and a few were caught after I left. They were anywhere from 6-13lbs.

Heres a pic of the jack: Lots of rain in my face.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

JunoChris
KING MACKEREL

Post by JunoChris »

Crashmister- You are right that cursing doesnt really solve anything but the rest of your post is never going to happen. We have taken pictures, called fwc, called the sheriff, the lifeguards blow whistles, the pier attendant make announcements on the loud speaker, we have taken pictures to juno beach commisioner meeting, county meetings, there are 10ft wide signs stating the law, there are bouys marking the distant. All that has been for nothing, and the real bs is that the surfers are even worse then the boats.
If it wasnt for kids throwing in the area of boats they would be in spitting distance not casting distant. I know what will happen if someone gets hurt but you dont know what its like unless you grew up on the pier, its just part of fishing there. It might not be a problem at piers like Anglins but it has always been this way at Juno and Lake Worth. I have seen a lot of crazy stuff involving the pier and boats, but you realize after time that there is no changing it.
As far as reports all I will say is that I will be there at 6am tomorrow and I dont like getting up early so let that be your clue to how the fishing was tonight.
ILSFA Member and Record Holder
Team Blackbart

erinfish
Weekend Warrior

Post by erinfish »

Cursing?On a Peir?
What has this world come to.?
I remember when Peir fishing was a black tie affair.

Return to “Pier Fishing Reports, Threads Archive”