Hillsboro Inlet Fishing Reports 2010-11-12 "Reports Only"

This area is for Archived Pier fishing reports so those interested can go back in time and see what was being caught. This area will include all Old Pier Threads and any other fishing report threads that are archived.
BoatlessFisherman
Fisherman - Owner - Administrator

Hillsboro Inlet Fishing Reports 2010-11-12 "Reports Only"

Post by BoatlessFisherman »

Thanks for the Fishing Reports for 2010-2011-2012
-Tommy A-

click, click, click, Fish ON - Over, Under, Over, Under Get out of my Way. Sound familiar.

fishandchicks
GOLIATH GROUPER

Re: Hillsboro Inlet Fishing Reports 2010 "Reports Only"

Post by fishandchicks »

got 2 lil snooklast night on a 1/16 oz spro jig

snook spy
Weekend Warrior

Mon. Jan 25th

Post by snook spy »

Went here on Monday, got there around 7:00pm after picking up a dozen hand picked shrimp. Tried the shrimp for about an hour with no luck. The bally hoo were thicker this night than I have ever seen them in the inlet. After watching the hoos getting crushed by tarpon and snook we went and got our net. Loaded up on one throw so we put some on to free line. My buddy gets slammed right away but he was to quick on the trigger and rips the hoo right out of the snooks mouth. Same for me about 5 minutes later but I missed mine too. Put another one on and it wasnt even a minute by baitrunner begins to make some noise, but I finally had the patience to let him eat it this time, set up and after a nice fight landed this snook. After a quick pic released him and we went to snapper fish. Got two keeper mangroves and one keeper mutton. No pics of the snapper but here is a pic of the snook.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

SaltLife27
Seasoned Fisher

Re: Mon. Jan 25th

Post by SaltLife27 »

Nice snook. Where was this?

TeEnAnGlerPro213
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by TeEnAnGlerPro213 »

nice. :thumleft: :thumright:
"If people concentrated on the really important things of life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles." -Doug Larson

snook spy
Weekend Warrior

Post by snook spy »

jettypark28 wrote:Are you wanted :shock: (JK)...nice snook :wink:
I am wanted but not for poaching :lol: Thanks

fixed80
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by fixed80 »

SaltLife27 wrote:Nice snook. Where was this?
this is under the hillsboro inlet thread.

SaltLife27
Seasoned Fisher

Post by SaltLife27 »

Oh alright now I see because before it was a thread by itself thats why I asked

snook spy
Weekend Warrior

Post by snook spy »

Went to the inlet last night around 7:00pm. Set up at my normal snapper hole with plans of catching dinner. Nothing to speak of, not even any good bites. Its been a long time since I have gone to my spot and gotten skunked. After trying for a few hours I decided to throw some lures around, and again nothing. My buddy and I decided to go and look for some live bait and while walking around we noticed some nice size sheepheads sitting around some pilings. I dont usually fish for sheeps, but I wanted to get the skunk off my back. So we go to a rock pile, catch 5 or 6 crabs, and head back to the sheepheads. We both drop one down and hook up but the first two shake the hook. :mad: We managed to get these two nice sheepheads and left around 11:00. Not a great night, but fishing beats working any day of the week :toast:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

fishnfool73
AMBASSADOR to the... BF FORUM

Post by fishnfool73 »

Nice sheepshead ? Did you say nice sheepshead ? :shock: Those are the two biggest sheepshead I have ever seen caught in Broward County. Nice catch and some great eating there.
Dreaming the dream that one day I can be as good as some of the boatless pros and catch some 12 inch mangrove snapper.

snook spy
Weekend Warrior

Post by snook spy »

Thanks fishnfool, the 2 that we lost I think where bigger than these and there was quite a few big boys sitting down there but we left them alone in hopes of catching them in the future.

mmcauliffe
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by mmcauliffe »

Wow! Yea, nice Sheepies!!
The problem with writing about religion is that you run the risk of offending sincerely religious people, and then they come after you with machetes.

fishnfool73

Post by fishnfool73 »

Those both have to be pushing the 15 lb range. Hope you ate those and didn't give them away.
Dreaming the dream that one day I can be as good as some of the boatless pros and catch some 12 inch mangrove snapper.

snook spy
Weekend Warrior

Post by snook spy »

I took one and my buddy took one, I have ate them before but never cooked them myself. I plan on eating him for dinner tomorrow. Any tips for cooking them?

fishnfool73

Post by fishnfool73 »

Either baked coated with some mayo or bread crumbs/ crumbled up Ritz crackers. Breaded and fried up is also as good as well.

Jordan
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Jordan »

Just wondering, how do you get to a spot where you can actually fish the inlet? I see it everytime i'm at pompano and wonder where the hell you fish from.

btw, those are some huuuuuugeee sheepshead.

snook spy
Weekend Warrior

Post by snook spy »

There is a park on the south side of the bridge with parking there. It closes @ 11:00pm now and BSO will be there every night to tell you to get out. After 11:00 you have to go into ninja mode :D If you wanted to get to the jetty, there is a vacant lot about two blocks south of this where you can park and walk about 100 yards south and there is beach access. Its a good haul to the jetty so wear your walking shoes. Im in coral springs also so if you want to go sometime let me know and maybe we can meet up.

BRunner346
"WE RUN IT"

Post by BRunner346 »

nice fat sheepies...
"There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot."

TeEnAnGlerPro213
GOLIATH GROUPER

fishnfool73 wrote: Those are the two biggest sheepshead I have ever seen caught in Broward County. Nice catch and some great eating there.
tell me about it, i dont recall any sheepie being too much bigger than that in broward county :shock:

nice job man :thumright: :thumleft:
"If people concentrated on the really important things of life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles." -Doug Larson

PhishingPhanatic
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by PhishingPhanatic »

Very nice sheepies. Better hope Naruto doesn't see those, or there will be about 20 new posts on how to catch sheepshead :mrgreen:

Jordan
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Jordan »

snook spy wrote:There is a park on the south side of the bridge with parking there. It closes @ 11:00pm now and BSO will be there every night to tell you to get out. After 11:00 you have to go into ninja mode :D If you wanted to get to the jetty, there is a vacant lot about two blocks south of this where you can park and walk about 100 yards south and there is beach access. Its a good haul to the jetty so wear your walking shoes. Im in coral springs also so if you want to go sometime let me know and maybe we can meet up.
thanks. sounds good, i'll let you know if i'm making a trip to the inlet.

Boca Jetty Rat
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Boca Jetty Rat »

Really nice fish bro! :toast:

naruto
Weekend Warrior

Post by naruto »

snook spy wrote:Went to the inlet last night around 7:00pm. Set up at my normal snapper hole with plans of catching dinner. Nothing to speak of, not even any good bites. Its been a long time since I have gone to my spot and gotten skunked. After trying for a few hours I decided to throw some lures around, and again nothing. My buddy and I decided to go and look for some live bait and while walking around we noticed some nice size sheepheads sitting around some pilings. I dont usually fish for sheeps, but I wanted to get the skunk off my back. So we go to a rock pile, catch 5 or 6 crabs, and head back to the sheepheads. We both drop one down and hook up but the first two shake the hook. :mad: We managed to get these two nice sheepheads and left around 11:00. Not a great night, but fishing beats working any day of the week :toast:
How did you catch those crabs ? The ones you used as bait

TeEnAnGlerPro213
GOLIATH GROUPER

crab traps..... or you can tie a big piece of squid to your hook and they grab on and quickly extend your bucket before they let go.

naruto
Weekend Warrior

Post by naruto »

Can't you also catch them in a minnow trap. And how much is a crab trap

Jwright1
Seasoned Fisher

Post by Jwright1 »

naruto wrote:Can't you also catch them in a minnow trap. And how much is a crab trap

Hey broheimian...

I'm not gonna jump on board like many others and bust chops, cause I still have plenty of questions myself; however, it seems as though you have entered the BF Forum in reverse-order.

If you will, please go back to the board index and read EVERY SINGLE THING THAT INTERESTS YOU...then, if there are questions left unanswered, I am sure anyone and everyone will be willing to answer questions. There are about hundreds of folks on here, all with two cents just waiting to throw it in

I have noticed that you are asking the same thing over and over and it kinda clogs up the forums, if ya know what I mean. This is one of those "help yourself and I'll help ya back" situations.

Also, invest in tackle. You don't need a crab trap unless you're trappin' crabs and/or need pomp bait. maybe some 3/0 circles (owner if you can, and maybe some smaller. Also, try some 1/0 bait-savers.)
In addition, don't waste your time at the piers until at least May/June. Even then you'll find yourself in a world of hit or miss.

Welcome to the forum, and I hope you find all the answers to all of life's questions.

PEACE, Love, eat babies

john
"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't
have that problem."

noah4200
Seasoned Fisher

Post by noah4200 »

Took the beach hike out to the rocks today from about 1pm until like 5pm. Live shrimp on a jig landed one 2ft cuda but other than that it sucked with the low tide. I just wanted to be warm in the sun. Perfect size pinfish were plentiful on the east endpoint. Kepth throwin em out every which way throughout the day on the heavy pole but not even a bump. The sun felt good tho. Cant wait for warmer weather.

This shore pain is getting hard......I need a damn boat! lol

noah4200
Seasoned Fisher

Post by noah4200 »

Went back and hit the park under the bridge. Nothing...not a single bite. Saw a pack of Cudas sitting by the docks...prob why nothing was biting. That or the full moon. Still...lots of effort all day and skunked! lol

Return to “Pier Fishing Reports, Threads Archive”