Dania Pier Fishing Reports 2010 "ONLY REPORTS"

This area is for Archived Pier fishing reports so those interested can go back in time and see what was being caught. This area will include all Old Pier Threads and any other fishing report threads that are archived.
ricky9
Old Salt

Re: Dania Pier Fishing Reports 2010 "ONLY REPORTS"

Post by ricky9 »

Zebco wrote:8) Fished this morning. I got a few keeper Pomps. Bait was solid. Jacks were just as solid. Saw nice Macks cruising the inshore. Been some nice Macks all week.
thanks for the update. i go fishing a lot at dania but never introduce myself. next time you hear one fishing on walking, blue ford fusion thats me 8)

Lomax aka ZEBCO
SHARKER

Post by Lomax aka ZEBCO »

8) Bait may leave when it goes NE this weekend. Catch the fish when it's there.

ricky9
Old Salt

Post by ricky9 »

phino, i was there from 6-6:30 catching bait, where you right by the entrance?

anyways, jacks where ripping up anything in the water from lures to live bait. Saw some ladyfish caught in the time i was there. Sucks i went under gunned because i got the itch to fish it. :evil:

malibuminix
Old Salt

Post by malibuminix »

Fished yesterday afternoon.NO BAIT.But I saw a few Mack caught and heard about TEX hooking up with a Blue Marlin.They said it hit a dead mullet and about 20 people saw the whole thing.Jumped a few times and it was gone.That's what they said.

squidgq
Fisher

Post by squidgq »

Was there last night also. Between 6p and 9p. No bait. Caught a couple jacks and ladyfish on south side with green xrap. Had a few dead pillies and managed to hook a nice size grover directly under the pier. All on south side between first and second light poles.

Also, zebco - pleasure to meet you.

Lomax aka ZEBCO
SHARKER

8) Ditto

Today, solid bait, bunch of Macks at the T, and Jacks in and out chasing the bait schools inshore.
The fish was a small Sail yesterday so the non drunk people tell me.

Baitfish
Seasoned Fisher

Post by Baitfish »

Fished from 6:30am to 2:30. The jacks were on fire and the macks were biting good too. Bait was almost nonexistant with the only pilchards I saw caught right under the office. Anything live floating 24" or so under a float was a sure winner. I caught a nice jack on a small porkfish. Gotchas and other artificials were producing, but not keeping up with the live bait.
Googans were out in full force too. The guy that let 100 yards of slack blow across the next ten poles, well I think he was new to the sport so he gets a pass. The guys that threw 6-8 jacks across the deck along with the piles-o-pilchards were not newbies. To them: let's try to be a little less ego-centric and self-absorbed. Other people are trying to enjoy the pier so keep the catch and the bait in a bucket or over the side. And finally, the goog trick that always makes me go "WTF"...swinging the catch 4-6 feet over their head and slamming it on the deck. Dudes, if you don't want it, release it and if you do want it, you just caught a fish, not a frozen chuck steak. Fish will always be of higher quality if you don't pulverize it.

There, now I feel better. :chillpill:
Fishing is not a matter of life or death, It's much more important than that.

gatorkong
Seasoned Fisher

Post by gatorkong »

Hey Baitfish since you are interested in conservation. Remember Porkfish are protected under the rule for ornamental fish.

Requirements for Recreational Marine Life Harvest Effective July 1, 2009:

■Recreational saltwater fishing license
■Organisms must be landed and kept alive
■A continuously circulating live well, aeration, or oxygenation system of adequate size to maintain these organisms in a healthy condition

Porkfish (Anisotremus virginicus) Minimum size limit: 1 1/2"

rcasellas
Fisher

Post by rcasellas »

Hi Guys, went on Saturday. The fishing was incredible. The bait fish were solid and Jacks and other predators were as well. One guy caught a couple of 15 lbs. Spanish Mack. Great day out.

Regards

rcasellas
Fisher

Post by rcasellas »

Hi Guys, couldn't agree with you more. The sight of some guys launching fish up in the air and then leaving on the pier desk is crazy. If you don't want them let them go back. Too many times I witness this but did not now the proper ediquete on how to resolve. Any ideas.

fixed80
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by fixed80 »

welcome to the forum. are you saying the macks total to 15lbs or the jacks did?

Baitfish
Seasoned Fisher

Post by Baitfish »

gatorkong wrote:Hey Baitfish since you are interested in conservation. Remember Porkfish are protected under the rule for ornamental fish.

Requirements for Recreational Marine Life Harvest Effective July 1, 2009:

■Recreational saltwater fishing license
■Organisms must be landed and kept alive
■A continuously circulating live well, aeration, or oxygenation system of adequate size to maintain these organisms in a healthy condition

Porkfish (Anisotremus virginicus) Minimum size limit: 1 1/2"
Thanks for the info gatorkong. I just read 68B-42 and was suprized to find parrotfish on there too. I've only been fishing down here for about 2 years and always follow the regs, but this was a new one for me. I did have points one and three covered and he was over the minimum. However, point two was a dismal failure.

Lomax aka ZEBCO
SHARKER

8) Jacks all day. Sold a crap load of Gotchas. Peeps needed a Jack fix I guess.
Lot of hoos. Forecast keeps changing every update.

bolo
USER BANNED

Post by bolo »

Zebco wrote:8) Jacks all day. Sold a crap load of Gotchas. Peeps needed a Jack fix I guess.
Lot of hoos. Forecast keeps changing every update.
You shouldn't complained, the bait house made money on those Gotchas. :wink:
The Judge asked the prostitute, "At what point did you realize you were raped?"
The prostitute replied (wiping away tears), "When the check bounced."

kitmobley
Fisher

Post by kitmobley »

margate, 2 snappers, jacks, parrotfish yesterday.
:cheers:

Dparker21
Fisher

Post by Dparker21 »

Last edited by Dparker21 on Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dparker21
Fisher

Post by Dparker21 »

(SN:I put this post up in the Anglins thread, but this was meant for Dania Pier) went fishing from 1pm-4pm today...........plenty of ballyhoo about, and caught the biggest scaled sardine to date. Pomps caught all day long just beyond the sandbar, and mullet run still in effect 3-4 large schools passing through. Great overcast day with winds howling out of the north. pomps and jacks is today's report.

Baitfish
Seasoned Fisher

Post by Baitfish »

Fished Sunday from 8am to 1pm. I didn't see a lot of fish coming over the rail, but everything I saw was nice. One mack about 2lbs, one blue around 5 and two nice pomps caught at the same time. Blue was caught on a spoon, I think the pomps were on fleas and not sure about the mack. Alas, none of them mine. There were tons of nice hoo about 50yds west of the hut. All other bait was scarce.

mrogge
Weekend Warrior

Post by mrogge »

VOLUNTEERS ARE NEEDED
SUNDAY - 9:00 am November 14th @ Dania Pier.

The Kids Fishing Club is having our first salt water event. We need volunteers to bait hooks, unhook fish, etc. We are expecting 20-40 kids this weekend. Drinks & snacks are provided free of charge. I will even pay your pier fee if your only coming to help out. The event is 9:00 am to 12:00. Stay as long as you can help out. Bring your own pliers. You don’t need to be great with kids.. You just need to be willing to help them out.. And show them what to do. KIDS ARE THE FUTURE OF THIS SPORT! High school students - I am also willing to sign off on your volunteer hours.

The Kids Fishing Club website is www.kidsfishing.org. Simply put... WE TEACH KIDS HOW TO FISH. We have monthly events. All the kids receive a free fishing rod and tackle box. Our events are family oriented and not competitive. Our events are all inclusive, drinks, snacks, bait and tackle are all provided.

If you would like to bring your kids out to this event please contact me for pricing and information.

mrogge
Weekend Warrior

Post by mrogge »

About the kids fishing event... its our plan to set up between the first and second house on the pier. I will suggest that the parents keep the kids off the "T" and out of everyone's way... until they know what they're doing.

WetWillie
Seasoned Fisher

Post by WetWillie »

I'm in for Sunday, mrogge! I'll come find you!
Those other fish must be smart. We caught all the stupid ones!

Return to “Pier Fishing Reports, Threads Archive”