Boca Inlet "Fishing Report" 2009

This area is for Archived Pier fishing reports so those interested can go back in time and see what was being caught. This area will include all Old Pier Threads and any other fishing report threads that are archived.
bolo
USER BANNED

Re: Boca Inlet "Fishing Report"

Post by bolo »

Cookinman wrote:First 20 mins of outgoing is when this inlet lights up... It can be very very frustratiung at other stages of the tide.
When all else fails pitch out a snapper with little bit of wire will do the trick.
The Judge asked the prostitute, "At what point did you realize you were raped?"
The prostitute replied (wiping away tears), "When the check bounced."

REEL CAST
Seasoned Fisher

Post by REEL CAST »

Fished 3:30pm to 5:30pm out going tide, snook ,tarpon ,and snapper action. :reeling:

fixed80
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by fixed80 »

:salut:

Boca Jetty Rat
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Boca Jetty Rat »

I'll be there again soon.

flguywes
Seasoned Fisher

Post by flguywes »

The A.M. outgoing is usually on fire planning on being there around sun-up. Planning on stopping the usual poaching. Will post in 7 hours...

flguywes
Seasoned Fisher

Post by flguywes »

arrived 20 min before sun-up. Lots of micro baits (2"+) pilchards and mini gogs. No poachers there this morning however there was no fish to be caught either. Couple of barracuda slashes and thats it.

fixed80
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by fixed80 »

flguywes wrote:No poachers there this morning however there was no fish to be caught either.
i sure they'll be back the next day for war.Image

REEL CAST
Seasoned Fisher

Post by REEL CAST »

Lots of blue runners early in the am, saw one keeper snook caught. That's all folks :salut:

Boca Jetty Rat
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Boca Jetty Rat »

Fished it last nite from midnight till 4am. No one there except Wes. Last year it was a zoo. Put a crab out on fishfinder rig and proceeded to fish for snook with artificials. About 1 hour later on the second crab and my bottom rod starts screaming. I proceed to fight a jumbo fish. It jumps like three times Wes says its a tarpon I say its a permit. I end up beaching the fish and realize its a big stingray like 20 pounds :batman: . Now has anyone ever seen a stingray jump??

Snook hunter
Old Salt

Post by Snook hunter »

Never seen a ray jump. I did hear of an incident - "Steve Irwin" - Did you keep the ray for shark bait?

Boca Jetty Rat
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Boca Jetty Rat »

Naw I let it go. I have bonito in the freezer for crab and shark bait! :wink:

gatorjwade
Old Salt

Post by gatorjwade »

Thanks for the reports, guys.

Same up farther North on Boca beach.... lots of runners crowding schools of 4" baitfish against the sand. Didn't see any snook caught.
Jeff

Boca Jetty Rat
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Boca Jetty Rat »

Was going to hit it tonight but its raining like hell!! :devil:

SnookBanger
Fisher

Post by SnookBanger »

Boca Jetty Rat wrote:Fished it last nite from midnight till 4am. No one there except Wes. Last year it was a zoo. Put a crab out on fishfinder rig and proceeded to fish for snook with artificials. About 1 hour later on the second crab and my bottom rod starts screaming. I proceed to fight a jumbo fish. It jumps like three times Wes says its a tarpon I say its a permit. I end up beaching the fish and realize its a big stingray like 20 pounds :batman: . Now has anyone ever seen a stingray jump??
Funny story.I was fishing for permit on the beach with GGG and brought some brews and funk to pass the time.Well after 3 hours and no action we called it.We were reeling up our rigs and I walk up to the last one and the clicker starts going off.I look at Garret like here we go.I set up and the fight is on.I have yet to catch permit so I didn't know what to expect.Well the fish is giving me a run for my money after the :drunk: and Im am telling myself I got this sucker.I put the brakes to her and started making progress.I get her in the shorebreak after about a 10 or more minute fight and we put a light on it and at first looked like a big shark.Then it rolled back on its belly and it was a huge eagle ray.I mean a wing span like a airplane.I got it close and it took off again but I was not going through that again so I poped him off. He didn't jump but it had me thinking I had a monster permit.Oh well somtimes you just need that drag pulled no matter what it is.

Boca Jetty Rat
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Boca Jetty Rat »

Good story bro! I still havn't caught a permit but am still trying.

Cookinman
FORUM CHEF "RETIRED"

Post by Cookinman »

Spent the better part of last saturday 8-30 soakin up some sun W The family on the beach by the inlet......All 3 walks to the Jetty for " Cooler-Checks" saw like no fish....one dude had a decent rainbow runner but other than that, nada....lots and lots of bait....
TEAM 'COOKIN' :
:chef: "Still building 'em one BAITCATCHER at a time " :chef:

Boca Jetty Rat
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Boca Jetty Rat »

The outgoing water at night looks like coffee, that could have something to do with no fish.

Cookinman
FORUM CHEF "RETIRED"

Post by Cookinman »

Boca Jetty Rat wrote:The outgoing water at night looks like coffee, that could have something to do with no fish.

I was thinking the same as in the day it did not look so different....When we were there, though, it was the wrong tide altogether ( one of the reasons I left the rods home and told the wife I wanted to give undivided attention to Family time....yes you can use that one..lol )

It was 3/4 high on the way up....

Is the edge of the "New" sandbar 50 yds to the NE of the point producing anything as a place to soak a bottom bait lately?
TEAM 'COOKIN' :

Boca Jetty Rat
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Boca Jetty Rat »

Im gonna hit it up tonight I'll let you know. I better put the hardcore rain coat on. Seems a sandbar fills in there every year around this time.

REEL CAST
Seasoned Fisher

Post by REEL CAST »

I might be there tonight also :reeling: ,depends on what time i get out of work :mrgreen:

Boca Jetty Rat
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Boca Jetty Rat »

I'm the guy with the Dale Jr. cooler, hot pink marbled custom rod, and sleeveless bass pro shops shirt. :jocolor: Just kidding.

Snook hunter
Old Salt

Post by Snook hunter »

SEE u tonight :shock:

gatorjwade
Old Salt

Post by gatorjwade »

Fished the beach North of jap rock this morning at sunrise with a topwater. LOTS of 4" baitfish. (Not sure exactly what kind.... silver sides and dark green backs; fairly slender; pilchards? - definitely not threadfins.) Occasionally some big jacks would corral them against the sand and slash them into a big froth. Happened once right at my feet... the jacks were coming up onto the sand in 5" of water chasing them. A few times saw 3 or 4 "bigguns" at a time rolling on the surface about 40' off the sand.... couldn't get any of those roving jacks to bite, but during 2 "froth scenes" I caught 2 jacks about 28".... SUPER fights!

Unfortunately, no snook.
Jeff

Boca Jetty Rat
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Boca Jetty Rat »

Fished from 630pm till 2am. Lots of bait baby gogs and small pilchards. Had one run around 10:00 on the Baitrunner 6500 with 20#test with mysteryfish that cut me off. Other than that nadda! Outgoing tide water color again like coffee due to the heavy rains we been getting. So humid out there couldn't dry my hands all night. Met two cool forum members Reel Cast and Snook Hunter. Whats up guys.

Cookinman
FORUM CHEF "RETIRED"

Post by Cookinman »

Nice reports guys ! I saw TONS of Microdines at the DFP Yesterday....Literally clouds of them...GREAT Mangove baits for dropping to the pilons...

Underneath them were the schools of 3 inch gogs as well.
TEAM 'COOKIN' :

REEL CAST
Seasoned Fisher

Post by REEL CAST »

Nice to meet you Boca jetty rat :toast: next time we will get them :devil:

Bluefish in ny
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Bluefish in ny »

Met two cool forum members Reel Cast and Snook Hunter. Whats up guys.

Cool??? If you think them boys are cool, you would think I am Sean Connery :wink:
My posts are just my opinion... Gathered from my research and my experiences in this passion we all share.. Dont hate if my opinion differs from yours... We all have opinions just like butt holes

REEL CAST
Seasoned Fisher

Post by REEL CAST »

:biglaugh: :uplol: He has some great stories too , that would make the movies.

Bluefish in ny
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Bluefish in ny »

lol.... Jerry Springer type $hit huh?... I gotta tell you guys about the Marlin we caught off the back of the ship in the Navy... off Somalia.. good stuff
My posts are just my opinion... Gathered from my research and my experiences in this passion we all share.. Dont hate if my opinion differs from yours... We all have opinions just like butt holes

bolo
USER BANNED

Post by bolo »

Pilchards and Sardine stacked inside the inlet. Small schools are mullet in the inlet also. No fish working the bait.
The Judge asked the prostitute, "At what point did you realize you were raped?"
The prostitute replied (wiping away tears), "When the check bounced."

Return to “Pier Fishing Reports, Threads Archive”