Jetty Park "Fishing Reports" 2009-10-11

This area is for Archived Pier fishing reports so those interested can go back in time and see what was being caught. This area will include all Old Pier Threads and any other fishing report threads that are archived.
fishboy
Old Salt

Re: Jetty Park "Fishing Reports"

Post by fishboy »

hit the jetty on tuesday. loads of huge mullet circling the pilons and we could see quite a few sheaphead by the rocks bcus the water was realy clear but couldnt get much to bite. got one small sheapshead and a few ladyfish but the catch of the day was a massive mullet that i caught in my castnet. it was kinda cold but a good day.

fixed80
BLACK FIN TUNA

Re: Jetty Park "Fishing Reports"

Post by fixed80 »

good job fishboy. 8)

fishboy
Old Salt

Re: Jetty Park "Fishing Reports" 2009-2010

Post by fishboy »

Hit the jetty yesterday. I was one of three people fishing the entire park!!! Using live shrimp and mud minnows I got a three keeper grovers and two nice flounder!!! Also wile fishing for snapper with live shrimp i caught the biggest toad fish i have seen in my life!!! It must have weighed like four pounds!! All fish were caught from sunset to around 10. The water was really muddy? but the dredging has ended :cheers: .I was really mad to see a discarded snook carcass on the rocks!!! stupid poachers!!!! Heading out again on Saturday hopefully!!

fishboy
Old Salt

Post by fishboy »

I have never landed a snook in jetty park and would love to!!! I have hooked into a couple, when fishing for snapper, but haven't really targeted them. Would you suggest using live bait fish or lures when fishing jetty park. I was thinking maybe i should freeline some pinfish in the back near the concrete dock???? For lures i was thinking jigs around the rocks by the jetty??? Any help would be appreciated!!!

fishboy
Old Salt

Post by fishboy »

Thanks for all the help!! when free-lining the shrimp do you fish them near the rocks, or chuck it out into the inlet????? sorry for all the questions, i'm just really exited at the thought of landing my first cape snook!!!!! :toast:

fishboy
Old Salt

Post by fishboy »

Thanks for all the help!!! :toast: Hopefully with these tricks i'll be able to land my first cape snook!!!!

flachief
Fisher

Post by flachief »

Hit the rocks west of the pier Sunday morning from 7 until 11 without any luck. Mostly used live shrimp and cut frozen mullet off the bottom (fish finder rig). Also freelined live shrimp just off the rocks and made a few topwater lure casts as well. Besides the little "rockfish", which my son enjoyed catching, the only action on the day was a banjo fish.

Didn't see anyone catching anything all morning! However once the tide started coming in we at least started to finally see a lot of mullet running. Did see one redfish (at least I'm pretty sure that's what it was) chasing mullet. I think we just came at the wrong time, seemed like some of the more experienced fisherman started showing up around the time we had to leave.

Regardless of no fish we still had a great time!!!!

Green Tide
SHARKER

Post by Green Tide »

Thanks for the report and welcome aboard.

You shoulda been here yesterday!!!

fixed80
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by fixed80 »

well man thats a great snook there. this September will be a blast off i'll bet.

flachief
Fisher

Post by flachief »

This noob will be hitting Jetty Park for the weekend, sounds like it's looking good! Might have access to a boat so will try the banana river and maybe go nearshore if seas are friendly (small boat). When not on the boat plan on being at the pier!!! :reeling:

Green Tide
SHARKER

Post by Green Tide »

That thing is huge. Hope it was a good fight.

flachief
Fisher

Post by flachief »

Awesome JP!!!

I hope I come back Monday with a similar report...minus the torn up hand! :wink:

PhishingPhanatic
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by PhishingPhanatic »

Nice one JP :toast:

Green Tide
SHARKER

Post by Green Tide »

Thanks for being a sportsman. Hopefully that will allow the numbers to rise enough for the season to open down here.

fishboy
Old Salt

Post by fishboy »

Hit the jetty last night. fished from 6 until midnight. managed a flounder on a finger mullet and got about 10 nice hits, but the fish would pick up the bait and run about ten feet and drop the bait.i think they were small flounder? At the end of the jetty i saw a woman using pinfish as bait, hook up to a nice sized snook, but it cut her 50lb leader. there were a lot of people fishing the surf with bombers (around sunset) but no one caught anything. At around 8 pm a nice school of finger mullet swam in front of me on the rocks and one throw of my cast net rewarded me with bait for the night. these were the perfect sized bait, and they were probably the most energetic bait i have ever seen. I talked to the guy next to me who was free-lining pinfish off the rocks for the snook, and he said all the lights and noise of the people had scared off the fish. Then at around 12 pm just when i was planning on leaving, i see 6 cop cars pull up and the cops all get out and walk up the old pier. i packed up and decided to follow them and i reach the surf and see a 25 foot sailboat practically beached in the impact zone (where the waves are crashing) about 10 yards from shore. five guys were using ropes to keep the boat from tipping over while the captain attempted to use the motor to dislodge the boat. the U.S coast guard boat was about 400 yards off the beach, and couldn't get anywhere near the beached sailboat. apparently the boats rudder failed and the captain barely managed to keep the boat out of the rocks. i decided to see if anyone had caught anything as i left but no one had had much luck other than a couple mango snapper. It was much busier than any other night i had been out there, but i got a flounder so it was all good. :toast:

joshfishingkid
Weekend Warrior

Post by joshfishingkid »

any reports today thinking about going tommorw
Owener of Marsh Works of Floida

http://marshworksofflorida.com/

joshfishingkid
Weekend Warrior

Post by joshfishingkid »

jettypark28 wrote:There's only like three of us that go to the Cape/Jettypark and give reports... and we never go at the same time :lol:
So join the group :cheers:

Here's a tip... the park IMHO is best fished during a incoming tide and then fishing it all
the way thru as it falls..
Tomorrow it peaks around 6pm and thats almost perfect because there is something
about fishing that place at sunset...

I would get there around 2pm and fish it till high tide passes....the mullet run is on and
there's no telling what you will hook up.
But there are also blues/macks that will cut up your finger mullets most of the day and that becomes a pain, but it part of fishing.
Drag a finger mullet/shrimp or mud minnow along the bottom, cast it out and also close
to the rocks...this will pick up flounders/snappers and i had snooks grab it also.
if you want a shot at the bullreds that are swimming out there, hook up a live baitfish (large) and cast him as close to the channel as you can....
and just let it soak

try to keep your flounder setup "Small" but beef up the bullred setup...use a circle hook
for the bullred, because sharks will also grab it.. good luck and come back with a
report :wink:

I got this guy early sat morning :cheers: slot snooks are rare at the cape

ill probley fish all day say 8 to sun set do u know if the "bait shop" sells any live shrimp if not do u know any where local to get some?
Owener of Marsh Works of Floida

http://marshworksofflorida.com/

Return to “Pier Fishing Reports, Threads Archive”