Dania Pier Fishing Reports 2009 "ONLY REPORTS"

This area is for Archived Pier fishing reports so those interested can go back in time and see what was being caught. This area will include all Old Pier Threads and any other fishing report threads that are archived.
Lomax aka ZEBCO
SHARKER

Re: Dania Pier Fishing Reports 2009 "ONLY REPORTS"

Post by Lomax aka ZEBCO »

CHAD wrote:as the fishermans following the rules he or she can fish how ever they wants just cause you dont like it oh well deal with it
8) When it comes to being inconsiderate to the others trying to fish, I will deal with it as I please.
You don't like it, oh well. You deal with it kid.
And start paying attention to your english teacher.

fishaddict0916
Old Salt

Post by fishaddict0916 »

If I may, I'm going to ask a dumb question! What is it that you all dislike so much about the "Florida Trolley"? IMO, if it's operated properly, it's no different than fishing a bottom line!!

fishaddict0916
Old Salt

Post by fishaddict0916 »

Ok....Thanks Rebel! I'm pretty much in agreement with you. IMHO, a lot of guys that use trolley's do not use enough weight to anchor the main line, so consequently they end up with a lot of slack in their line and encroach on others fishing space. I do occasionally run 1 trolley line when fishing a T somewhere, and have landed some nice fish on them.....however, I refuse to run less than 8 oz of weight as an anchor, so my line is pulled tight so as not invade the guy's space that is fishing beside me!!

cudaking305
Old Salt

Post by cudaking305 »

You dont always have to use 8 oz thats the last thing i go to and thats if there is 3-4ft waves otherwise a 5 or 6 oz will hold bottom!! :dude:
Fishing all day everyday

malibuminix
Old Salt

Post by malibuminix »

Those people at the T-make fishing impossible around them.This wasn't like that few years back but since New Port pier closed down those guys started to showed up with the orientals and changed the pier for the worst.They loud,dirty and have no consideration to fellow fisherman.I guess the pier don't really care as long as they make money but I am sure they lost a few costumers.

fishaddict0916
Old Salt

Post by fishaddict0916 »

I cannot comment on Dania Pier as I have only fished it once! And from what I here on this forum, I'm really not missing that much! Where I do most of my fishing, yes, there are a few trolleys there, but the guys that have them there seem to be fairly considerate of others that are fishing around them. IMO, that's the way it should be!!

Lomax aka ZEBCO
SHARKER

fishaddict0916 wrote:If I may, I'm going to ask a dumb question! What is it that you all dislike so much about the "Florida Trolley"?
8) Now it has a name? More north, they fish real trollies. Still an annoyance from what I hear. But still real trollies and not this googan stuff down here.

CHAD
Old Salt

Post by CHAD »

umm zebco i might not be book smart but i do know trollies catch fish cause i catch 85% of my fish on trollies.
DO WHAT YOU LOVE , LOVE WHAT YOU DO

snapperfanatic18
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by snapperfanatic18 »

i have nothing against the trolley, but when its windy and people want to use more than they could handle, its a pain in the arse and it makes fishing difficult for me , especially when i like throwing arti's and their slack line is in my way. 15+ mph winds= no trolley :scold: and one per person. if you see a person casting arti's for macks or whatever, dont come cast your trolley rig near me or them, i know everyone paid to fish, but have some common sense and think about the other fisherman.

Cookinman
FORUM CHEF "RETIRED"

Post by Cookinman »

There is a time and place for everything - Trolleys are a GREAT way to swim a bait straight and not all over the place - Also a time to NOT use them as well....like trying to get a mojarra to swim down against wind and current....lol
TEAM 'COOKIN' :
:chef: "Still building 'em one BAITCATCHER at a time " :chef:

fishaddict0916
Old Salt

Post by fishaddict0916 »

[quote="Cookinman"]There is a time and place for everything - Trolleys are a GREAT way to swim a bait straight and not all over the place

I have more problem with guys freelining live bait thinking that just because their live bait decided to swim over to where I'm fishing, that gives them the right to fish in the spot where I've been fishing for hours. Well, I'm sorry, but just because you can't control where your bait swims to doesn't mean I have to move from where I'm fishing!!

bolo
USER BANNED

Post by bolo »

Does not matter which technique you use to fish. Respect people's space or get your line cut.
The Judge asked the prostitute, "At what point did you realize you were raped?"
The prostitute replied (wiping away tears), "When the check bounced."

Boruchlen
" Forum Mensch "

Post by Boruchlen »

bolo wrote:Does not matter which technique you use to fish. Respect people's space or get your line cut.
:stupid:
It is a far better thing to have caught and lost, than to have never caught at all.
Courage is not a lack of fear, but the ability to act while facing fear

CHAD
Old Salt

Post by CHAD »

snapperfanatic18 wrote:i have nothing against the trolley, but when its windy and people want to use more than they could handle, its a pain in the arse and it makes fishing difficult for me , especially when i like throwing arti's and their slack line is in my way. 15+ mph winds= no trolley :scold: and one per person. if you see a person casting arti's for macks or whatever, dont come cast your trolley rig near me or them, i know everyone paid to fish, but have some common sense and think about the other fisherman.
when its windy like that its better then freelineing cause ur line is under control with your weight and ur freeline goes every where.
DO WHAT YOU LOVE , LOVE WHAT YOU DO

Lomax aka ZEBCO
SHARKER

CHAD wrote: when its windy like that its better then freelining cause ur line is under control
8) Yeah right. It's worse when it's windy because those googan rigs start arching in the lines and moving and become even more a pain in the a** when you're trying to freeline or cast lures around them.

Googan rigs. Period.

fish FOE
Fisher

Post by fish FOE »

Most (all)of these googans dont use true trollys ,A true trolly consist of two rods. One is the trolly rod that you cast w/ just weight(8-12oz) ,the other is the fishing rod, that you clip onto the trolly rod line and send your bait down the trolly line (thats where the word trolly comes from trollying your bait down) however far you like ,and you can use weighted clips for weather cond.
Now that being said the way these googs :reeling: use these one rod trollys w/ their slack line and their 4-6oz weight w/the bait an wind pulling ,makes me wanna walk around the pier w/ some gas hedge trimmers and cut their googan lines..... :auto:
franchise fisher

Lomax aka ZEBCO
SHARKER

rebel33i wrote:
CHAD wrote:umm zebco i might not be book smart but i do know trollies catch fish cause i catch 85% of my fish on trollies.
You should go to Dania and show those guys they are clueless :nilly: :nilly:
8) There is no explaining to these clueless kids. Monkey see, monkey do. Monkey do dumb. Give him a banana.

fixed80
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by fixed80 »

Zebco wrote:
rebel33i wrote:
CHAD wrote:umm zebco i might not be book smart but i do know trollies catch fish cause i catch 85% of my fish on trollies.
8) There is no explaining to these clueless kids. Monkey see, monkey do. Monkey do dumb. Give him a banana.
but first you need to make him dance before you hand him a banana. :)

Xpierrat
Old Salt

Post by Xpierrat »

rebel33i wrote:
fish FOE wrote:Most (all)of these googans dont use true trollys ,A true trolly consist of two rods. One is the trolly rod that you cast w/ just weight(8-12oz) ,the other is the fishing rod, that you clip onto the trolly rod line and send your bait down the trolly line (thats where the word trolly comes from trollying your bait down) however far you like ,and you can use weighted clips for weather cond.
Now that being said the way these googs :reeling: use these one rod trollys w/ their slack line and their 4-6oz weight w/the bait an wind pulling ,makes me wanna walk around the pier w/ some gas hedge trimmers and cut their googan lines..... :auto:
:uplol: I know its not the realy trollys but thats what everyone calls it here we should make a new name for it...........I wanna know what is the need for 3 "trollys" surely a googan can't handle one the piers should really enforce that
You guys are right about them being true trolleys.... When I lived up in NC we called these local type rigs slide rigs because you slide your bait down the line, and BTW using enough weight to keep the line tight with out moving the sinker helps in the wind.... course those ugly sticks with spinning reels have a problem throwing anything over 6 or seven oz.

Da Rat
Rick

frentals
KING MACKEREL

Post by frentals »

Although I prefer freelining dead or live baits as many know, trolley's still catch fish and like chad said when it's super windy its just hard to freeline with the wind. Jigs catch fish too, but I have seen trolleys outproduce jigs on many days and vice versa. The whole trolley dilemna will never be fixed, so everyone stop complaining and Zebco, I know many fisherman on this forum including Paul, who fish trolley's and there no monkey's last time I checked or googans.
facebook.com/landsharkfishing
youtube.com/landsharkfishingtv

Lomax aka ZEBCO
SHARKER

8) Wow. Guess you set us straight.

Lomax aka ZEBCO
SHARKER

8) For the most part, a large percentage of fake trollie rigs are surrounded by the googanese. Nothing against those handful that actually have a clue. But for the rest,.. it is a googan rig.

donburde

Post by donburde »

Wow, after reading all of these posts it sounds like Dania might completely suck now. I haven't been there since the Pompano migration ended last spring/early summer. I don't ever really notice these "trolley" people I guess because I usually go after pompano at the pier and the T is the last place to go on the pier for Pompano. With that said, anyone hear of any pompano runs lately? I know its still pretty early to try and get some but considering how cold it has been getting lately there might be a chance of catching them on the way south...

Lomax aka ZEBCO
SHARKER

8) I wonder how some people would react if the end of the piers started looking like this.

Return to “Pier Fishing Reports, Threads Archive”