First Ever Fish on Fly, And on a Homemade Fly!

This area is to help those to Flyfish and get the answers to there questions.
slammingjack
Fisher

Re: First Ever Fish on Fly, And on a Homemade Fly!

Post by slammingjack »

Nice fish and I now that feeling of catching fish on a bait you made yourself. If you want to get into it go to this site. http://www.tackleunderground.com/commun ... fly-tying/

linh
KING MACKEREL

Post by linh »

How much did that cheap fly setup cost you?

Kingofthesea
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Kingofthesea »

Gotta tell you ........ that's one of the best stories I have read on this forum. And I've been reading most of them. How fantastic. And with the fly you made!!! I went fly fishing one day in Alaska and after a couple of hours and tens of wind knots the guide I WAS PAYING told me I have no aptitude for the sport and I never did it again. Damn inspiration to try it again. Mega congrats
Those old queen slave owners that wrote our Constitution 200 years ago were brilliant.

"Every four years Americans get the President they deserve".

Old Man
Fisher

Post by Old Man »

..way to go Jonathan !!!!!

....a word of warning though .....if you get hooked on this fly fishing deal...

...I'm 67 years old and am able to spends hours on end casting...

...so you should be able to continue doing this for another ...say 50 years at least !!!

Enjoy

Old Man aka Bob

...oh yeah... that fly is a keepsake ...print that picture and put it and the fly in a shadow box...

chris21
KING MACKEREL

Post by chris21 »

congratulations!! I catch about 90% of my peacock and other freshwater fish on my fly rod, I have also been tying my own flies for a few years now and I still have that "moment" whenever I catch a fish on my own fly, even though I do it all the time now lol, I remember my first fish on a fly I made was a largemouth bass, was a nice one too, with practice believe me you will get better, fly fishing truly is a very good way to catch fish, here are some nice minnow patterns I tied up the other night that I plan to use for peacock.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
There's no such thing as too much bait!!

Return to “FlyFishing Help”