7-09-09 Oakland Park

Put your spearfishing reports here and lets see some pics from underwater. Cool
Kizer
Seasoned Fisher

7-09-09 Oakland Park

Post by Kizer »

Went out to the third ledge in the yak. Brought home a hog and a school master. Was a really nice day out, with limited vis in the water.
Kizer

EHC342
Seasoned Fisher

Re: 7-09-09 Oakland Park

Post by EHC342 »

we have been doing really well with hogs, mangroves and schoolmasters around that area... try a little further south and east of the ledge on should be around 25ft deep...

Kizer
Seasoned Fisher

Post by Kizer »

Where are you parking? We go out at 27th, so we are a little South. We go out right before the bouys, and follow the ledge North.

Mangrove Snapper.... They are hard for me to identify underwater. Same as a Grey Snapper, right? I am sure I have passed up a lot of them, because I am always unsure. Almost a dull white underwater, with a dark grey that runs across the top of the head and body. Passed up a couple last time out, and multiple times in the past.

Seem to run across a lot of black sea bass in the rocks, that I pass on as well because I am not positive that they are sea bass.

Anyways, hope to see you out there sometime. My friend and I use a tandem kayak with a tank based hookah line, hard to miss.
Kizer

EHC342
Seasoned Fisher

Post by EHC342 »

Hunt those buoys and structure around them, there is alot of ledges and caves around that area.. we park just north of the pink buildings, not sure what street that is.... yeap same as grey, they look like the schoolmasters and dog-snapper but instead of yellow they look grey almost white underwater....back sea bass???? r u sure? i have never seen one around that area....let me know next time you go out, ill come with you guys..

Kizer
Seasoned Fisher

Post by Kizer »

Ok that sounds great! Do you use a yak, or swim all of the way out.

I am sure that we are parking in the same place. It is the first place to park on the beach, north of that pink building. We usually go out on Tues, Thur, or on the weekend. I'll hit you up when we go out.
Kizer

fishnfool73
AMBASSADOR to the... BF FORUM

Post by fishnfool73 »

Never heard or seen any black seas bass this far south. Might be something else.
Dreaming the dream that one day I can be as good as some of the boatless pros and catch some 12 inch mangrove snapper.

EHC342
Seasoned Fisher

Post by EHC342 »

we usually take a one person yak but we tow it out, we use it to throw fish in and to hold the flag... actually a buddy of mine caught a legal black sea bass off DFP a few years ago, i didnt think it was a bass untill we looked it up online...

Return to “Spearfishing Reports”