Diving Florida Gulf Coast?

Ask your spearfishing questions here Gear, Location ideas, etc.
# one
Weekend Warrior

Diving Florida Gulf Coast?

Post by # one »

Planning on diving a random bridge off of Sanibel island tomorrow morning…..Totally forgot to grab a flag before I left home and of course every dive shop is already closed. Anyone think that I’ll really need one? How’s FWC out here?

outofair
Weekend Warrior

Re: Diving Florida Gulf Coast?

Post by outofair »

Um.... :shock:

If you value your life or well being I would recommend you get one. I'd be more worried about getting run over by a boat vs. ticketed for not have a flag. But thats just me. You could probably find one in a walmart, publix or possibly a CVS/Walgreens type store. But that would probably mean leaving the island. I don't recall seeing any of those last time I was on Sanibel or Captiva.

crashmister
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by crashmister »

#1; Even if you get a flag keep your ears open and stay deep. It never ceases to amaze me how mant boaters either don't know what a dive flag means or don't care. Some of these goofs will actually try to grab it. It happened to my kid not long ago......
Nice Boat! Now get it outa my driveway!

# one
Weekend Warrior

Post by # one »

Thanks for the advice guys.. I actually picked one up that morning at a bait shop. Last place i expected to find one. Even with the flag many didnt seem to take notice of it. Only came close to one boat, but all in all it was a good dive.

Return to “General Spearfishing Talk”