My health has taken a nose dive.

This off topic area is for Politics, Religion and all the talk that gets people in a ruffle. All be tolerant of each others opinions. Remember that is all it is "OPINIONS"
Ice
Weekend Warrior

My health has taken a nose dive.

Post by Ice »

Back in July of this year I was admitted to memorial regional in Hollywood for leg and feet swelling, and just general BLAH feeling.

Here's what happened. And no, this isn't a post asking for anything (outside of prayers, if you believe in them.) its more a post of warning, and letting off some steam.

After a couple weeks of my mother telling me I really need to get looked at, and then a friend of mine telling me the same thing, I finally said ok ok ok, and went to the ER. When I was in the ER, they took me back right away and hooked me up to heart monitors and everything and people were running around yada yada yada. They drew I don't know how much blood, and urine and whatever else they did. Then about an hour (give or take) they came back and said ok well, its not your heart, your heart appears to be fine, for now. Now we have to find out whats causing this, because that's not normal. So they took some more blood, and urine, and found out I have https://www.kidney.org/atoz/content/nephrotic so they admitted me to the hospital to see just how bad things were and see what the next step is.

I don't remember everything that went on, I was in the hospital from July 2nd til the 9th, I had way to many things done. I do know I had a kidney biopsy done on July 5th, which showed I had http://unckidneycenter.org/kidneyhealth ... ephropathy which when combining the two basically means I have kidney failure. Fast forward til July 20th, I woke up with a pain that wouldn't go away in my left side, I tried everything, ibuprofen 1000mg, bath, shower, walking, laying on right and left side, bowel movement, peeing, EVERYTHING I knew of, and it wouldn't go away. Finally at around 7am I woke my mother up and told her she needed to take me to the hospital, and she did. Come to find out, I had a blood clot in my left kidney. All this is happening while I have no insurance, and I am telling everyone every chance I get, and to anyone who will listen, I DONT HAVE INSURANCE I UNEMPLOYED (that's a whole different story that I don't want to get into right now), and of course it went in one ear and out the other. They kept telling me how I need to follow up, I need these medications blah blah blah, once again I told them I AM UNEMPLOYED AND HAVE NO INSURANCE...in one ear and out the other. By the way, the social workers are about as useless as a shark on land. So then I am made aware of this memorial healthcare insurance thing, but they give me a packet and tell me I have 10 days from date of release to get this list of things done and submitted. I'm sitting there looking at this list going "yeah, that's not going to happen" and I told the people that. FINALLY someone tells me "you have 120 days to complete that list and submit it, but the sooner the better." well no sh!t batman.

So they release me, and I have 2 week supply of medications and a list of things I need to do. I get home and realize a couple things, number one, this list is expensive (and I don't have money) and number 2 I only have 2 weeks of meds, I'm screwed. (this is when depression set in, cause I knew the pot was just getting stirred up and there was nothing I could do about it.) I spend the next couple months getting everything together, and spending money I don't have, and getting myself all worked up and digging a hole into depression further and further, then finally submit everything and get approved finally and then go see a ARNP (waste of time) at a primary care place. They get me a referral to a kidney doctor and we go about the process, mind you, this is mid October now, and I was last seen by a kidney doctor in July. Kidney doctor goes through his speech, and puts me on a 30 day of prednisone and 30 day of prograf switch for 6 months, one month prednisone, then one month of prograf. I am more then halfway through the first month of prograf now.

The problem now is, I am so weak and NON energetic, that I cant even walk a block before being completely wiped out, and having to sit down before I fall down. This is really taking a toll on me mentally, because I used to walk everywhere, and never had issues. Anyone who has known me for any length of time, can tell you that. So I went to see a intake person at a mental health place, and I was diagnosed with Bipolar 2, depression, anxiety and anger. Hopefully I can keep my head on straight through this, cause I really feel like i'm about a good fart away from losing my sh!t. I go to my kidney doctor tomorrow and him and I are going to have a very long talk, cause I cant continue like this, I'm gonna have a meltdown if I do. Once again people, i'm not asking for anything except prayer if you believe in them. I need something to happen.

The warning part of this is: If you push on your lower leg/feet and leave an indentation that doesn't go away within a few minutes, don't ignore it, get it checked. I can remember having that indentation in my leg since I was 11-12 years old, and I thought it was cool. It wasn't....

Thelonereeler
Fisher

Re: My health has taken a nose dive.

Post by Thelonereeler »

Kidney failure is automatic medicare.

Ice
Weekend Warrior

Post by Ice »

Thank you to whoever fixed my post. I am not good at writing, I just started typing and hit submit.

Ice
Weekend Warrior

Post by Ice »

Thelonereeler wrote:Kidney failure is automatic medicare.
I am going to message you.

crashmister
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by crashmister »

If you’ve paid into social security you might be eligible for disability. As with Medicare, if you’ve paid into the plan you should be eligible. You may want to look at Obama care. You can still buy in with pre-existing conditions. You’re ongoing care will be more than obcare premiums. Way more.
Nice Boat! Now get it outa my driveway!

Ice
Weekend Warrior

Post by Ice »

crashmister wrote:If you’ve paid into social security you might be eligible for disability. As with Medicare, if you’ve paid into the plan you should be eligible. You may want to look at Obama care. You can still buy in with pre-existing conditions. You’re ongoing care will be more than obcare premiums. Way more.
I need something, that's for sure.

crashmister
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by crashmister »

ssa.gov. Scroll down to benefits and start reading. I feel for you man. If it weren’t for my union benefits my medical bills would be well over a million. I rarely ever see a bill.
Nice Boat! Now get it outa my driveway!

Rare
SHARKER

Post by Rare »

I hope you are taking control of yourself and what you are putting into your body. I wish you the best and sucks you are there. Do what you have to and start eating better...cut all the crap out if you havent already! Get well!!!!

Ice
Weekend Warrior

Post by Ice »

I haven't, but I will say this, I am going to start. I watched a program on Netflix last night that woke me up. Its called What The Health, check it out, its...disturbing.

Rare
SHARKER

Post by Rare »

Good to hear!!! I would say baby steps and all for the change in health/fitness, but that is not an option for you now! Need to dive in all the way in. I wanna see you turn this around, bud! :toast:

Return to “Soapbox Politics, Religion, etc."HEAVY" not light hearted”