comedian on gun control...LOL

This off topic area is for Politics, Religion and all the talk that gets people in a ruffle. All be tolerant of each others opinions. Remember that is all it is "OPINIONS"
ringonose
Seasoned Fisher

comedian on gun control...LOL

Post by ringonose »

This guy says it best really, and he is RIGHT
http://deadstate.org/this-australian-co ... s-perfect/
:toast:
..."and the meek shall inherit the earth...."

crashmister
BLACK FIN TUNA

Re: comedian on gun control...LOL

Post by crashmister »

The story the NRA has spent millions to cover up! Funny part is, NRA can't use the aussie gun ban as an example of bad policy, because it worked!! We on the other hand couldn't even fix the loophole in registration. EVEN THOUGH 96% OF THE COUNTRY WANTED IT! To be clear here, you can't get 96% of this country to agree what day it is so feelings were pretty strong about wanting gun control. We got nothing! Then the elected reps who ignored us were re-elected because nobody voted. Apparently the Aussies are a great deal smarter than we are!
Nice Boat! Now get it outa my driveway!

ringonose
Seasoned Fisher

Post by ringonose »

I just like this video because it's funny however also rings true in many many ways...the first five minutes of this is brilliant! :lol: :lol:
..."and the meek shall inherit the earth...."

Rare
SHARKER

Post by Rare »

That guy was pretty funny.

DragonFire
Weekend Warrior

Post by DragonFire »

LOL if 96% of the country wanted gun control....psssss no amount of money would've kept Obama from getting his way :roll: in fact here's a fact
Gun sales have gone thru the roof under Obama watch..... Gun permits have triple under Obama watch.... NRA has gotten Stronger under Obama
watch.... So what does this tell you???? Obama has done more than the NRA could ever dream of.... when it comes to Gun ownership....

And as far as this comedian.....pfffffff... this guy is funny< but he doesn't believe in anything... so you either believe everything he said or nothing.... there
is no picking what you want...LOL... again he is a comic who can say anything no matter if its a lie...

And as far as the Aussies plan working....Crash I believe we got into this debate a while back ago..... And it all boil down to who stats you want to believe...

Again why worry about what "Legal Guns" I or others want to own???..... If you want to do something change the laws that go after crazy people when they
show signs of being freaking crazy.... don't just give them a hug :roll:

96% wanted gun control....BAAHAAAAAAA now that was good....even Obama couldn't say that.....and I know I gave all kinds of stats on why it really didn't
work down under like they would have you believe... but all my threads are gone.... I bet it was because of Gun control...LOL...

Lets look at Chicago gun ban.... how did that work out....just saying...and i'm so tired of people comparing the USA to the aussies and UK...
they have flaws in all their studies/polls....and crime compared to the amount of people each country has....is higher over there than here...
... again mass shooting are rare in this country.... more people die from other fatal accidents than shootings....every year.... but say Gun and
people lose their mind... :auto: :auto: :auto: :auto: :auto: :auto: :auto: :auto: :auto: (tommy :uplol:

Thank God Pitbulls can't pull a trigger..... :mrgreen:

opiato
Old Salt

Post by opiato »

:stupid: aaaaah thank you. I wanted to say all that but i dont really post enough to rock the boat (no pun intended)

Rare
SHARKER

Post by Rare »

Opiato, Yes, he is a comedian...His job is to make people.....wait for it.....laugh. :lol: Rock the boat? Rock the damn boat & speak your mind.
Ring believe's he is right & Jetty thinks he is out of his mind & wrong or he is a liar since he tells jokes. Maybe all the above. Me, Im picking option C...I really dont give a flying crappie its comedy.

DragonFire
Weekend Warrior

Post by DragonFire »

There is no such thing as "Rocking the Boat" say what's on your mind and let the chip fall where they may...and as far as Comedian go.... they all seem to get a free pass
on anything they say and it doesn't really matter what it is.... and it all boils down to YOUR belief system.... this guy doesn't believe in anything.... God is a joke> Women are something
to be piss on....in his world only what he believe is right.... Now don't get me wrong... he is funny about a few things... i might not agree with everything he makes fun of... but again
the guy is nothing more than a Comedian and poking the bear is what he get paid to do.....

Now when i see others jump in and believe this guy like he was the pope than.... i have to jump in.... its in my nature to also rock the boat and give "Common sense" remarks into this subject..

and since we started this> why is it that people have such a fit over "Gun control".... let me guess a handful of people die every year because of guns.....hmmmmmmmm lets break that down
people are crying because some folks die from guns..... again hmmmmmmmmmm how many people die every year doing other things???? how many kids die from pool drowning every
year....heck how many people die from just going to the ER and getting the wrong drugs every year.... eatpop pssssssssss here are the stats.... more people die every year from fatal accidents then they do from gun shots or Mass gun shooting.... and that's a FACT.... so again i ask where is the Outcry over all those killer pools and drug overdose.... :nopity:

don't have anything to say????.... it all boils down to a handful of people wanting to enforce their beliefs on YOU.... why??? well because we don't know any better.... yet like i stated
more people/kids die from a host of other things every year that don't involved guns..... but Guns tend to just jump up and shoot people... i don't know about some of you... but i own
a chit load of guns.... and none have ever jump up and taken a shot at me or anybody else.... i guess i have the good guns.... :tongue: :tongue:

phillybass
Seasoned Fisher

Post by phillybass »

I seen a post on fb about this subject that I'll put here. " I want to see how bad guns are. I keep reading how they always kill people. I loaded my shotgun and set it in a chair facing the open front door. I put extra shells with it in case it needs more. All day people came by my house and never did the gun kill. My conclusion is that guns don't kill people. Stupid people kill people they just use a gun or something else they feel like using." I agree with this quote. If you honestly think taking guns out of people's hands is going to make a difference your dreaming. Also have you ever thought about it do you really think a criminal is going to say well they changed the gun laws I better hurry up and turn my guns in. Just my two cents on it.
Tight Lines and Burning Drags!!!

cantseeme47
KING MACKEREL

Post by cantseeme47 »

Heres some food for thought. In china there was 28 people killed in a mall i believe ...... now heres the kicker readyyyyy the guy used a knife.
Be not afraid of greatness: some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon them.

Rare
SHARKER

Post by Rare »

cantseeme47 wrote:Heres some food for thought. In china there was 28 people killed in a mall i believe ...... now heres the kicker readyyyyy the guy used a knife.
Image if all 10 had a gun.... (tommy

Is this the story?
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... China.html

opiato
Old Salt

Post by opiato »

Cmon man. Im aware hes a comedian and its his act but his ARGUMENT is real. i really dont think this guy is a conservative by day and comedian by night. Yeah hes presenting his argument in a REALLY funny way, but u know he believes everything hes preaching. And hes got every right to say it. I just feel a sense of responsibility to step in and set the record straight for anyone that believes him. Because hey....before takin some economics courses in college, i woulda thought everything hes saying makes sense. But at the same time i also dont like bein preachy either.
And im with jettypark...sorry, dragonfire now...that liberal comedians get too much of a free pass. They get to preach their argument (again, yes its an act but the argument is real) and then shut down any opposing viewpoint by saying "hey im just a comedian." The annoying part is that defense is a one way street. Bill Maher calling sarah palin a c u next tuesday..."its ok. Hes a comedian." Jamie foxx talkin bout django unchained - "i get to kill all the white people. How great is that?" Now, this dude didnt say anything offensive but hes still playing the card: "im a comedian so if u have an opposing view youre foolish for trying to present it even though i get to present a real argument." :scold: silencing your opponents

kblue
SHARKER

Post by kblue »

I think perceptions or imaginations play more.

I expect police (even security guard) in US is always ready to pull the trigger much quicker because of perceptions, imaginations, and actual truth (it seems too many cops are killed by bad people and too many civilians killed by cops...).
Cops in US have to be prepared for the worst case and have to deal with civilians who could get guns from Walmart.
We all know the gun on the officier's belt is not joke and one of its purposes is to kill someone who may try to kill them, quicker will live...
Sometimes, people complained Cop's having "super authority"... but I said in return we got our right to have a gun from Walmart so we are even...lol

Return to “Soapbox Politics, Religion, etc."HEAVY" not light hearted”