man throws daughter of bridge?? WTF?

This off topic area is for Politics, Religion and all the talk that gets people in a ruffle. All be tolerant of each others opinions. Remember that is all it is "OPINIONS"
ringonose
Seasoned Fisher

man throws daughter of bridge?? WTF?

Post by ringonose »

Imagine fishing off a bridge and seeing this? What the hell is wrong with this guy? Who throws his 5 year old daughter off a bridge? Look at the pic of this rat, he's despicable. http://www.thestar.com/news/world/2015/ ... a_bay.html
..."and the meek shall inherit the earth...."

ringonose
Seasoned Fisher

Re: man throws daughter of bridge?? WTF?

Post by ringonose »

Pilgrim
Weekend Warrior

Post by Pilgrim »

Ridiculous. Just, wow.
..as having nothing, yet possessing everything.

baseball4life702
KING MACKEREL

Post by baseball4life702 »

Excuse my language but we live in a f***ed up world these days. If I saw that, some vigilante justice with a good old beatdown might be in store, but thank god there was a cop that wittnessed it and they got em.

ringonose
Seasoned Fisher

Post by ringonose »

yeah they got him, but now what? SHE is gone...truth be told I am a real ass. In the past, I'd see stories like this and shake my head, that's about it. But since I became a father (my son is now two) when I see stories like this, my whole day is ruined, the hairs on my arms stood up, I had a lump in my throat, and I can't get over it. It gets to me on such a deep emotional level now, whereas before I guess I was just a dumb idiot who didn't pay enough attention. Just picturing a kid at five being thrown over a bridge, screaming, and then into the current...
Speaking of vigilantly justice, is there no fishing on that bridge? Who was the "witness" who saw this all go down I wonder...

phillybass
Seasoned Fisher

Post by phillybass »

I was told earlier about this by my cousin. I agree they should kill the freak. Gut him and hang him from the bridge till he dies would be nice so all the other idiots can see and maybe think twice. I have 2 daughters and have no clue how someone can do something like this. What is this world coming to??? I still think it has a lot to do with how we're not allowed to correct kids like we were corrected when we was younger. A very sad day and my prayers go out to the rest of the little girls family and I hope the father burns in Hell.
Tight Lines and Burning Drags!!!

baseball4life702
KING MACKEREL

I think when I read it on my local news it was very close to skyway where there is fishing but I'm just saying even if I was in my car and saw it he wouldn't be going anywhere without getting through me... But as for witnesses it was an off duty cop on the way home that saw it but was a little to late to stop him from throwing the child, very sad, the cop should have just blown him away lol

Old School
Seasoned Fisher

Post by Old School »

Nothing new about this.
When i was just 16 yo i saved a ten year old kid from being thrown off a bridge in 1962. He was screaming that he could not swim but that just inspired the four bullies to pound his hands harder as he clung to the railing while hanging over the water. I had been taking martial arts and boxing lessons for about six years at that time and this enabled me to dispatch the four assailants without too much trouble, since they did not see me coming. The leader of this bunch was my weight but taller, so he put up a spirited fight after being knocked down by my first strike. After i thwarted his attack i ended up throwing him off the bridge. (He could swim). This assault from these teenagers was a case of extreme racism as the ten year old was an African American and did not know his attackers. This took place on the bridge to Grove Isle in Coconut Grove before the island was developed.

A few months later i was forced to jump over a bridge railing and hand off by my hands in the Middle Key on a bridge that did not have a catwalk, to avoid a truck that was intentionally scraping the bridge with its homemade wooden bed at 60 mph in an attempt to force me into the water or be killed. I don't remember what bridge it was but i was very far from land, so jumping into the water was not an option.

baseball4life702
KING MACKEREL

Old School wrote:The leader of this bunch was my weight but taller, so he put up a spirited fight after being knocked down by my first strike. After i thwarted his attack i ended up throwing him off the bridge.
Now that is how you take care of business. :thumleft: :patriot:

Rare
SHARKER

Post by Rare »

The man accused of throwing his 5-year-old daughter off a bridge to her death Thursday told a judge he did not want a lawyer, but instead wanted to "leave it in the hands of God."
I found the problem.....

baseball4life702
KING MACKEREL

:uplol:

fishnfool73
AMBASSADOR to the... BF FORUM

Post by fishnfool73 »

Drugs or mental illness were involved in this.
Dreaming the dream that one day I can be as good as some of the boatless pros and catch some 12 inch mangrove snapper.

Pilgrim
Weekend Warrior

Post by Pilgrim »

Rare wrote:
The man accused of throwing his 5-year-old daughter off a bridge to her death Thursday told a judge he did not want a lawyer, but instead wanted to "leave it in the hands of God."
I found the problem.....
On Wednesday, a Tampa attorney representing Jonchuck in a custody case had called police to report concerns about his behavior. She said he had called her "God" and asked her to translate a Bible that was written in Swedish, according to a police report.
He did not want a lawyer..yet he wanted to leave it in his attorneys hands? :scratch:
..as having nothing, yet possessing everything.

permitchaser
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by permitchaser »

fishnfool73 wrote:Drugs or mental illness were involved in this.

that's all it takes...

swordfish
SHARKER

Post by swordfish »

I just... WHY? Sadly there is no bringing her back... He will get his fairly quickly, however, that does not bring her back.

-Swordfish

Wolfy-hound
Fisher
Location: Northeast Florida, access to St Augustine and Jacksonville

Post by Wolfy-hound »

I believe a lot of the issue is that some people think of their children as possessions and then when the other spouse(or state or other relative) is going to get custody, they get mad and destroy the possession instead of losing it to the other person. They don't even think of the child as a human being or love them as a parent should, which means it is a form of mental issue, but not necessarily a designated "illness" any more than someone who indulges in jealousy or anger or rage is "mentally ill".

I hope dearly that he's punished for his crime, because there is never ever any excuse for murdering a child. It's doubly evil to murder your own child. I suspect he will end up being declared insane and not competent to stand trial because of the ridiculous statements he's made already.

The police that interviewed him prior to this should be investigated to make sure that they didn't gloss over anything when they said nothing seemed wrong. I'm not saying they did anything wrong, mind you, because I have zero idea what sort of behavior he showed to them. But if he acted crazy or said strange things, I would hope that the police would have removed the child. Crazy people fool the authorities pretty often.

Evil people have always existed. I heard of children killed by their parents decades ago as well. And unfortunately, it was often very similar circumstances, like a mother leaving a abusive husband or a man taking the kids when divorcing his wife. Then there's just the crazies who kill for bizarre reasons like the woman who thought her kids were possessed by evil, or the man who murdered his son because he just hated his own little boy because no reason. Evil is still around. The only thing we can do is try to stand against it when we can.

Return to “Soapbox Politics, Religion, etc."HEAVY" not light hearted”