Fined for catching Great White

This area is for Shark'in Reports from all over, These reports must be catch and Release if you've gone shark'in put them here. All photos of sharks must be alive, there will be no tolerance for Photos of Dead Sharks.

Oh no are there sharks at the beach?
Sandy Feet
Weekend Warrior

Fined for catching Great White

Post by Sandy Feet »

Catch of a lifetime , and he gets arrested for it .

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... shark.html
:stupid:

fishnfool73
AMBASSADOR to the... BF FORUM

Re: Fined for catching Great White

Post by fishnfool73 »

First no where in the article does it say he was arrested. Second for that part of the world it's hardly a catch of a lifetime as whites are fairly prolific. Third he knew it was illegal to land or kill a white yet not only did it but was dumb enough to post pictures of it.
Dreaming the dream that one day I can be as good as some of the boatless pros and catch some 12 inch mangrove snapper.

Sandy Feet
Weekend Warrior

Post by Sandy Feet »

fishnfool73 wrote:First no where in the article does it say he was arrested. Second for that part of the world it's hardly a catch of a lifetime as whites are fairly prolific. Third he knew it was illegal to land or kill a white yet not only did it but was dumb enough to post pictures of it.

Thanks for the wonderfull , friendly comment . I'm sorry for my misuse of the word "arrested" in the origional post. Secondly , he was dumb for killing it , but that's besides the point. Thirdly , how many Great Whites have you caught ? It would be a catch of a lifetime , for me , and likely for thousands of other fishermen.

fishnfool73

Post by fishnfool73 »

For someone shark fishing there it wouldn't be uncommon at all. Never caught one since I've never fished for them.
Dreaming the dream that one day I can be as good as some of the boatless pros and catch some 12 inch mangrove snapper.

bigseank22
Seasoned Fisher

Post by bigseank22 »

Sandy Feet wrote:
fishnfool73 wrote:First no where in the article does it say he was arrested. Second for that part of the world it's hardly a catch of a lifetime as whites are fairly prolific. Third he knew it was illegal to land or kill a white yet not only did it but was dumb enough to post pictures of it.

Thanks for the wonderfull , friendly comment . I'm sorry for my misuse of the word "arrested" in the origional post. Secondly , he was dumb for killing it , but that's besides the point. Thirdly , how many Great Whites have you caught ? It would be a catch of a lifetime , for me , and likely for thousands of other fishermen.
lol@ internet forum hostility

swordfish
SHARKER

Post by swordfish »

Fishingfool doesn't NEED to catch them, the great whites would beach themselves to avoid the anguish of fighting him!

-swordfish

Username28
KING MACKEREL

Post by Username28 »

This opens a can of worms in a way.

What about the jewfish that someone caught, and landed on anglins pier. The law clearly states your not allowed to be in posession of or keep them. Excuse me, but isnt beaching a fish....posession?

:scratch: :scratch: :scratch: :scratch:

I mean if we're going to get technical here...
There is a fine line between Love & Hate.Hate is pushing them off a ledge. Loving them means you don't taunt them after you've pushed them off.

TheReelHangover
Seasoned Fisher

Post by TheReelHangover »

:stupid: Right you are... :scratch:

fishnfool73

Post by fishnfool73 »

Username28 wrote:This opens a can of worms in a way.

What about the jewfish that someone caught, and landed on anglins pier. The law clearly states your not allowed to be in posession of or keep them. Excuse me, but isnt beaching a fish....posession?

:scratch: :scratch: :scratch: :scratch:

I mean if we're going to get technical here...
Very true as is the same with tarpon and various sharks that are protected. In some ways I disagree with it in others I do. This case once he got it close enough to ID he should have just cut the line. Strange how a lot of guys were ready to form a lynch mob for the moronspunching the tarpon yet this white isn't an issue. One is endangered the other not even close.

swordfish
SHARKER

Post by swordfish »

Not to mention... The jewfish, although beached, remained in the water and was released strongly to a very large crowd who gathered to witness the event. The shark in the story however, exhibits a few clues that point to it having expired during the course of the altercation... Beyond all that, great whites are fairly rare, in contrast... Jewfish aka Goliath grouper are now a days annoyingly abundant...

-swordfish

gruntking
LUMBER-JACK

Post by gruntking »

:cheers: :thumleft:
fishman joe fb fishmanjoe instagram
YOU CAN CALL ME CAPTAIN

Return to “Shark'in Reports”