0/1 Today

This area is for Shark'in Reports from all over, These reports must be catch and Release if you've gone shark'in put them here. All photos of sharks must be alive, there will be no tolerance for Photos of Dead Sharks.

Oh no are there sharks at the beach?
Jordan
GOLIATH GROUPER

0/1 Today

Post by Jordan »

Went to a new spot today and sent baits out around 5:30pm(thanks fixed80, it was one of the spots you sent me)..me and connor each soaked a ray wing. His 12/0 bounced and went slack and when he got to it he reeled up the slack, it was tight so he hit it with a running man. It was pretty confusing as he was gaining a little bit of line, and then it got hung up. Had to go out to cut it out of the reef. Soaked a ray wing on kevins avet 50w (thanks kev) til 9:00pm and nothing hit it. Interesting spot though, quite a lot going on..lots of bait, some snook and groves around but we only brought shark rods.

Til next time.

TeEnAnGlerPro213
GOLIATH GROUPER

Re: 0/1 Today

Post by TeEnAnGlerPro213 »

Sucks about the reef. I've found two beaches that I was talking to Kevin about that might produce, we'll see whenever I can get back into fishing soon.
"If people concentrated on the really important things of life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles." -Doug Larson

C-MONEY

Post by C-MONEY »

We have our spots under control. Thanks for the offer though? :?

fixed80
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by fixed80 »

glad to finally hear a report from you all. :thumright:
oh and about the hung up situation.... same deal happened to me also
but dont feel discourage about it. a co-worker and I lost many sharks
due to rocks and reefs. but as the time went by, try after try.... eventually one comes out and gets beached, particularly by me. :cheers:

all i can say is keep going back. figure out the spot and no matter how many fish you lose, there will be a day when that shark makes a mistake.
BTW... its possible that he could of have had a monster nurse on. they dont peel
line off fast and they are known to get line rapped around a rock or something.

remember to go shark fishing at night when the moon isn't full like now. if its a new moon or partial, then go out and try. ive talk to several shark anglers and no one liked the full moon at all. SH!* i even went fishing tonight for ladyfish but nothing was out there.
next week might be better though.

snookslayer08
Weekend Warrior

Post by snookslayer08 »

Hmm sounds like a nurse but since it at a ray might be a lemon. All the lemons we got this year didn't do squat til they got to the bar then they actually fought, might've been a tiger as they don't seem to do sh!t either but that's just wishful thinking, anyway we haven't had much going on either in the last 6 trips just tips and nurses. but we've put something on the beach each time atleast. maybe we need better bait than bonita and cudas. i'd much rather have jacks and rays.
-Nick

fixed80
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by fixed80 »

snookslayer08 wrote:Hmm sounds like a nurse but since it at a ray might be a lemon. All the lemons we got this year didn't do squat til they got to the bar then they actually fought, might've been a tiger as they don't seem to do sh!t either but that's just wishful thinking, anyway we haven't had much going on either in the last 6 trips just tips and nurses. but we've put something on the beach each time atleast. maybe we need better bait than bonita and cudas. i'd much rather have jacks and rays.
nurses will hit any bait as long as the bait is small enough to fit in there mouths. lemons may move slow until the tension of the line gets tighter, and then they will split with a burst.
my nurse did the same way to me.

i like bonita a whole lot just cuz its the most favorite bait for sharks to eat. although the rays are better to use because crabs and other small fish wont pick at it as bad if not at all.

Jordan
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Jordan »

I feel like these cownoses are working for sh!t. Right now, i would love a few bonita and big jacks..I feel like chunks of bonita and jacks would work much better.

snookslayer08
Weekend Warrior

Post by snookslayer08 »

Well maybe if we didn't have an avet 80w locked down the lemons might've done something lol. I personally hate bonita as bait but that's cause where we fish the nurses are everywhere and they love bonies. Never had one pick up a jack cept for when we dropped a like 3lb jack cause it was the last bait but normally we're dropping whole 15-20lb jacks with no tail, or whole rays if they're smaller than 2ft or so in wingspan and if they're bigger we drop wings and when I say wings a mean we cut both wings off and each wing makes one bait. there's also a ton of tips where we fish so we like big baits. Right now kinda sucks on the beach for us, seems like there's nothing decent on the beach, we wanna make the drive up your way fixed80 to a few spots we know of up there but it takes half a tank on my truck to get up and back. I'd much rather fish some bridges for big bulls that are pretty close to my house than way up north, just gotta make the commitment to go early and catch jacks and ladyfish for bait.
-Nick

fixed80
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by fixed80 »

i like to cut the wings off the rays also but now i rather trim up the tips too.
for some reason the wings are an outward shape and the sharks ive hooked never swallowed the it. so when i did trim off the tips of the wings, thats when i got more hook ups.

it might make the bait smaller but at least the hookup are increased.
oh and big fish will swallow smaller size bait to.

snookslayer08.... you said you want to try my area out right. well i live in central Florida aka the space coast but ive been going down to indian river county to fish but not vero though. is this where you are talking about?

snookslayer08
Weekend Warrior

Post by snookslayer08 »

oh, thought you lived farther south, we wanna fish sebastain/ft. pierce area. For some reason with rays we always get hook hook ups when when think we've let the fish eat long enough we just let them eat longer which has come back to bite us a few times when we forget how close we dropped to the reef and you get cut just letting the fish eat. Or when it's dark and you forget the reef is and come back to see you almost paddled out 2/3 of the spool on the 80w and are 200yrds on the other side of the reef which is never good.
-Nick

Return to “Shark'in Reports”