Sharking around Miami.

This is for Shark info, Tagging , How tos, baits of choice, etc.
sweman
Fisher

Sharking around Miami.

Post by sweman »

Gonig to miami in december any spots close aroudn there where you can do some sharkin?
Will be staying on miami beach anyoen know if it's alright to fish from the beaches at night or late after noon ?

Poseidon10/31
KING MACKEREL

Re: Sharking around Miami.

Post by Poseidon10/31 »

sweman wrote:Gonig to miami in december any spots close aroudn there where you can do some sharkin?
Will be staying on miami beach anyoen know if it's alright to fish from the beaches at night or late after noon ?
Miami beach is closed from midnight to 5am every day. Once the lifeguards leave around 7pm, you are less likely to get harassed for fishing. I'm interested in doing the same so I'd like to see what some of the sharkin pro's recommend.

Backwoods123
Old Salt

Post by Backwoods123 »

i use to go down there and fish the beach for sharks right after the guards left... which is perfect in my opinion because i like soaking shark baits from sundown till about 1130... ive been bothered a few times but never anything serious... ive caught alota good quality sharks down in miami....so its definitly doable...

sweman
Fisher

Post by sweman »

That sounds great, gonig to go down to th e key's aswell for some more "serious" fishing.
Can allways play the uninformed foreigner card as im from sweden ^^
But if it's not restricted it can't be that bad. Don't want to break any laws or regulations.

mogenmyle
Seasoned Fisher

Post by mogenmyle »

i would say your good once the life guards leave any beach without one your good as long as theres no signs that say other words. i would recommend you scout the area during the day. you can see what the water looks like and where the reef is maybe get some freash bait if you can fish during the day in the area. uselly with sharkin you got alot of gear so parking close too the water is a must for me and can be an issue. hope some this helps and good luck when you get here :reeling:

Return to “Shark'in Info”