Looking for more information on fishing the Mayport Jetties.

Beverly Beach, Bunnell, Flagler Beach, Marineland, Palm Coast, Crescent Beach, Fort Matanzas, Fruit Cove, Hastings, Marineland, Palm Valley, Ponte Vedra, Ponte Vedra Beach, St. Augustine, St. Augustine Beach, Switzerland, Atlantic Beach, Baldwin, Jacksonville, Jacksonville Beach, Mayport, Neptune Beach, Amelia Island, Bryceville, Callahan, Fernandina Beach, Hilliard.
Jaxsaltfish
Fisher

Looking for more information on fishing the Mayport Jetties.

Post by Jaxsaltfish »

I am new here, this is my first post. It's great to meet you all.

I will be fishing the Mayport jetties this coming Saturday (unless someone says that they aren't really biting out there right now and would like to suggest a different location.) I am going to be fishing the southern jetty, (the one near Bon Hommes Richard Street, on the opposite side of the water from Huguenot Park).

Some questions:

1. Has anyone fished that side before? How was it?
2. Are both sides equally good fishing? Do you prefer Huguenot Park over that side?
3. I have never fished a jetty from land before. Can you tell me a little about the underwater terrain around the jetty? How far do the rocks go out underwater? etc.
4.What rig did you use to fish here? I am going to try to fish the bottom mostly. How do you avoid getting caught up on rocks?
5. What bait have you found works best fishing the jetty from the shore?

Anything else you guys can offer me on how to get the most out of my trip to the Mayport jetty is really appreciated. Just want to have an awesome trip!

Thanks guys.

diggin4grouper
KING MACKEREL

Re: Looking for more information on fishing the Mayport Jett

Post by diggin4grouper »

only way you are going to fish the south jetties is if you are in the navy , as it is part of the naval station and if i remember last year they made them off limits , even boats have to stay 20 yards from them due to the fuel dock , they have made security a lot tighter in the past year , if you are going to mayport village and as you are going over sherman creek you will notice the nice orange and white floating barricade it was not there last year and if you are standing by them look on top of the hill at the new cameras and if you use a pair of binoculars look at the sign in the marsh "use of deadly force is authorized" and there is a reason for it , but i used to fish that creek as a kid .

Jaxsaltfish
Fisher

Post by Jaxsaltfish »

Aw man, I had no idea. I've never been out there. I was looking at Google Maps to find a spot and it looked like "Bon Hommes Richard Street" went right up in there, leading to two empty lots right by the rocks, but I guess you only have access to Bon Hommes Richard Street if you're navy?

Is there any way to fish the jetties besides Huguenot park? I won't be able to get out there until like 5 P.M. so I was hoping to find a way to fish them where I wouldn't have to leave at sun down. If not I will probably end up fishing a little ways down river from the actual jetties but I was looking forward to fishing around the rock structures, as I know that's usually a good spot.

Thank you for the information by the way.

Jaxsaltfish
Fisher

Post by Jaxsaltfish »

Also, is there any location around there you would suggest going to?

diggin4grouper
KING MACKEREL

Post by diggin4grouper »

Jaxsaltfish wrote:Also, is there any location around there you would suggest going to?

sent you a pm with some info

Return to “Flagler-St johns-Duval-Nassau”