Looking for some new ideas

Beverly Beach, Bunnell, Flagler Beach, Marineland, Palm Coast, Crescent Beach, Fort Matanzas, Fruit Cove, Hastings, Marineland, Palm Valley, Ponte Vedra, Ponte Vedra Beach, St. Augustine, St. Augustine Beach, Switzerland, Atlantic Beach, Baldwin, Jacksonville, Jacksonville Beach, Mayport, Neptune Beach, Amelia Island, Bryceville, Callahan, Fernandina Beach, Hilliard.
fish4fun
Fisher

Looking for some new ideas

Post by fish4fun »

Hey guys
I just moved to Jax from Chicago and have enjoyed fishing saltwater very much. Problem is, Ive only fished the jax pier so far. Caught Reds, Flounder, Black drum, hammerhead, whiting of course and a few other fish. Im getting kind of bored of the pier (and the 4.00 doesnt help) I was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of a different spot to fish saltwater? I live in Mandarin and am willing to drive a half an hour or so.

I'm also really missing the bass fishing. I know Florida has some great bass fishing but I can't figure out where to go for bass. Theres a creek that runs through my backyard but I havent caught anything except for turtles from there :oops:

Id also love to tag along with anyone - saltwater or Fresh...Ill be happy to supply the bait or whatever necessary.

Thanks for any help!

Aj

JWORM904
Weekend Warrior

Re: Looking for some new ideas

Post by JWORM904 »

Try underneath the Atlantic Blvd. Bridge. Big Sheepshead, Reds, Black Drum and Trout. For Sheepshead use live fiddlers next to the bridge superstructure; Live bait produces for all the other species. Your not gonna get anymore of a mixed bag from the pier. The Hammerhead you thought you caught was probably a Bonnethead!

fish4fun
Fisher

Post by fish4fun »

Cool
Is there a cross street with Atlantic Blvd that I can look for? Is there parking? I'll definately try that out soon. What are fiddlers? Can I get them at Ricks? Is there another bait shop that has them?
I never heard of bonnethead lol, just assumed it was a hammerhead.

Thanks for the info!

interndoc
Weekend Warrior

Post by interndoc »

jworm,
where exactly is atlantic blvd bridge ? I am new to town

ianthecarpenter
Fisher

Post by ianthecarpenter »

I just moved to mandarin as well, almost two months ago. I haven't tried the bridge but I will now. I have fished the river from the public boat ramps with mixed results. I know how frustrating it is to try and find spots. I wish we saw more actual reports in this area. I think I will start reporting and maybe it will inspire others. Anyway send me a pm if you want to fish together.

Bi0tic
Seasoned Fisher

Post by Bi0tic »

All those beaches around there are good. I don't have much experience myself, but I have heard that Little Talbot Island is good. If you are ever willing to go south to St. Augustine I can give you some tips for the spots I used to fish.

What part of Chicago?
I want to Believe

fish4fun
Fisher

Post by fish4fun »

Wrigleyville - City

Big difference here in Jacksonville...Doesnt take me 35 minutes to drive a block down to the grocery store anymore :shock:

I also dont have to drive 1 and half hours just to find some decent fishing!

Bi0tic
Seasoned Fisher

Post by Bi0tic »

fish4fun wrote:Wrigleyville - City

Big difference here in Jacksonville...Doesnt take me 35 minutes to drive a block down to the grocery store anymore :shock:

I also dont have to drive 1 and half hours just to find some decent fishing!
Haha, that area is nice to visit but I wouldn't want to live there. When I was visiting family last summer the perch were hitting good in the harbor by the field museum.
I want to Believe

Return to “Flagler-St johns-Duval-Nassau”