Turks and Caicos 6/2/2010

This area is for reports from non listed areas, If you will be doing reports and particapating, I will gladly make sure your area is listed, Just ask for it.
swordfish
SHARKER

Turks and Caicos 6/2/2010

Post by swordfish »

Headed out this morning, looking for some more mackerel or tuna. I did a little trolling close by then decided to head to the NW of the Island where the deep water comes close almost to shore. I suspected that the water turning there and coming around would bring colder water from the deep and thus have an abundance of bait that may hold tuna. We trolled a bit on the shallow side, then I spotted a torrent of birds crashing bait in about 300 feet! I hauled ass and the tuna went down, rookie mistake. No problem, I slowed down and put her in neutral and waited... After about 5 minutes the derby begins again! this time close to the boat boiling, I could see what seemed like yellowfins about say 10 or so lbs, so footballs feeding, busting bait. I grabbed my 10 lbs setup and let loose a jig, boom I get inhaled and horsed a little one in, looked like a skipjack, you guys tell me when you see the pics. The hooked up multiple more times, but the caretaker has no clue how to drive the boat and thus I lost 3 different fish, much larger who were close to spooling my Cabo, I WAS IN HEAVEN! I chased them till they went down for good, then trolled in 50 feet of water on the way back which nabbed me a 4-5 lbs mackerel! I was tired and satisfied so I ran back in, but with the knowledge of where I am likely to encounter birds and thus tuna. The fish were great, I filleted them and had them seared on a bed of onion, garlic and olive oil. Oh and I did lose a huge mack to a cuda, the head on this one was massive, enough to get bait for bottom fishing a wreck when I come across one! Till next time, maybe saturday... On the hunt again!

<embed width="600" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullscreen="true" allowNetworking="all" wmode="transparent" src="http://static.photobucket.com/player.sw ... una010.flv">

-sword

james380
........POST HO........... "I post for FREE"

Re: Turks and Caicos 6/2/2010

Post by james380 »

That's what i'm talking about. Fish stories. Not crazy arsed killer dog stories. :cheers:
"Political correctness is tyranny with manners."
- Charlton Heston
"Truth is treason in an empire of lies." - Ron Paul
In the beginning god created Evolution.

fishnfool73
AMBASSADOR to the... BF FORUM

Post by fishnfool73 »

Skipjack tuna , you will figure the fishing out on the laast day you are there. :mrgreen:
Dreaming the dream that one day I can be as good as some of the boatless pros and catch some 12 inch mangrove snapper.

permitchaser
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by permitchaser »

james380 wrote:That's what i'm talking about. Fish stories. Not crazy arsed killer dog stories. :cheers:

be carefull they know how to swim :D that boat its sweet :toast:

TeEnAnGlerPro213
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by TeEnAnGlerPro213 »

Nice report. Seems like fun :D
"If people concentrated on the really important things of life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles." -Doug Larson

swordfish
SHARKER

Post by swordfish »

LOL yeah no dogs out there... I have exactly 2 weeks left here from today... So I am not worried, got plenty of time! The NW of the Island is about 12 miles from the dock, and I have 1 quart of the tank of gas left! LOL So I have 1 more trip before I have to gas the boat up. Honestly I am quite content catching those big mackerel, they fight hard! I hope to run into the tuna again though, man it was beautiful, boiling water for a mile! Its hard to get close to them though.

-sword

lordhell
Fisher

Post by lordhell »

Gonna be visiting Turks next year. Gonna give the fishing a shot. Beautiful water they got there!

Return to “U.S.A. ???????”