Galveston Texas Fishing Report 5-08-10

This area is for reports from non listed areas, If you will be doing reports and particapating, I will gladly make sure your area is listed, Just ask for it.
Capt. AlanP
Fisher

Galveston Texas Fishing Report 5-08-10

Post by Capt. AlanP »

:reeling: I want all my fellow guides in Florida to know that my prayers are with you and hopefully this oil spill won't have such a negative effect on your fishing and your business! I know first hand about devestation, hurricane Ike put a big dent into my business for months and it isn't easy to deal with. I wish the best for all of you. I do want to let everyone know that most likely Galveston Bay will not have any effects from that oil spill. A lot of people are asking me about that every day and from everything I have heard and read there is a very little chance that it will come our way. Ok as for fishing in Galveston TX., it has been very inconsistent. The weather just hasn't settled down. The winds are always the main culprit! One day the wind is from the north, the next day from the south, the next day from the north east and it's usually blowing from 15-25 mph. That makes it very hard to consistently stay on fish. The trout bite has been getting better, we have had some good catches when the wind has been under 15 mph. I really think once the wind dies down we will have some excellent days on the water. It seems like our weather pattern is about 2-3 weeks behind this year. We are catching fish right now where we usually catch them in March and the spots where we catch them in May are not yet producing. That's why they call it fishing and not catching. Adjusting to this is what we do as guides and any good guide will somehow put you on some fish on most days. I have seen some disappointed customers at the docks lately. Even though they aren't my customers I still hope for all anglers to have good fishing days on the water. Sometimes the weather and fish just don't cooperate. We have still been taking some jetty trips and catching some good redfish, drum, sheep head and some speckled trout. Our speckled trout trips lately have been producing usually 10-15 keepers with an occasional 4 or 5 pounder being caught. We are using live shrimp under a cork right now, but I have seen some good catches from croaker lately. East and West bay are producing some decent catches and the trout are over deep shell on the mid bay reefs. The winds should start to lie down soon and when it does we will be having those traditional May days, where we have limits or near limits on every outings. June is always a great month to fish too and you don't have to worry about the winds. Well to conclude this report I will say I think fishing is going to be really good real soon and this summer so get out there and catch some fish. Until next time, see you on the water.

Capt. Alan
http://www.galveston-fishing.com
http://www.galvestonbayfishingteam.com
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Bi0tic
Seasoned Fisher

Re: Galveston Texas Fishing Report 5-08-10

Post by Bi0tic »

Nice report :thumleft:

A relative, several years ago, fished in texas and caught a ton of trout and redfish. Sounds like you have a pretty good fishery.

I have some other relatives in Houston, if I ever visit them, see if you can work me into your schedule 8)
I want to Believe

Return to “U.S.A. ???????”