Type of Lantern for Baitfish at night

This area is for those questions about bait how to catch it, keep it alive and so on.
phino
Seasoned Fisher

Type of Lantern for Baitfish at night

Post by phino »

Hey everyone, wanted to to know if anyone can recommend some lanterns to hang over the rail on a bridge for baitfish at night. I saw one at burlington for $5.49 for a 20 LED lantern that can be set to dim or bright. But not sure how bright it is or if it will be bright enough. Anyone have recommendations? Don't think i'm looking for any special kind that is too expensive, but something to get the job done and be bright enough to attract some bait (if any are around). Thanks!
"A woman who has never seen her husband fishing, doesn’t know what a patient man she married!"

Rare
SHARKER

Re: Type of Lantern for Baitfish at night

Post by Rare »

I use coleman lamps for getting bait in. Ron, bought one not long ago and it worked well. Might be under the $50....If he see this thread he can tell ya

phino
Seasoned Fisher

Post by phino »

Rare wrote:I use coleman lamps for getting bait in. Ron, bought one not long ago and it worked well. Might be under the $50....If he see this thread he can tell ya
excellent. thank you very much Rare. so like a camping coleman lamp would work just fine? I saw some at Wal-Mart the other day that I was actually thinking of getting as well.
"A woman who has never seen her husband fishing, doesn’t know what a patient man she married!"

Rare
SHARKER

Post by Rare »

Yes, they do. The brighter the light, the better they do to bring in the bait. When the guys are fishing down south we will drop two lantern at times. We had a few boat coming in we had to steer away cause it looked like the North Star down there.

Rare
SHARKER

Post by Rare »

Return to “Bait Bucket”