Nylon Mesh Cast Net

This area is for those questions about bait how to catch it, keep it alive and so on.
Post Reply
jayfrizzo
Weekend Warrior
Posts: 82
Joined: Fri Apr 27, 2007 9:09 pm
Location: Fort Lauderdale

Nylon Mesh Cast Net

Post by jayfrizzo »

I'm in the market for a cast net with 1/4" mesh. I was in Bass Pro today checking them out and all they have is ones made of nylon mesh instead of monofilament.

Seems like the nylon could be harmful to fish's slime and scales, though. Seems kinda sticky.

Small bait, in my experience, is fragile so I want to be as kind as possible to the little buggers before I put a hook in 'em.

Anyone used nylon mesh cast nets? How are they?

J_

User avatar
rshields
GOLIATH GROUPER
Posts: 1173
Joined: Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:20 pm

Re: Nylon Mesh Cast Net

Post by rshields »

Don't know where you live but Atlantic bait, On Atlantic just did an expansion and they have allot of cast nets in the window. Give them a call for the nylon vs mono

Post Reply

Return to “Bait Bucket”