Tried Kite Fishing for Bass off Swamp Buggy

Please let us know the tackle you used, the artificial or bait, and your technique. Please post pictures with you, fish, and tackle if possible, of your fish caught after November 1, 2006.
EBOutdoors
Fisher

Tried Kite Fishing for Bass off Swamp Buggy

Post by EBOutdoors »

I know how crazy it sounds... but we thought why not try to kite fish for bass? Shelby and I grabbed some supplies from Walmart and headed out to some lakes on the swamp buggy. Wind refused to cooperate but Shelby caught a really nice peacock bass at the end. Definitely going to try the kite fishing again soon!

Here's a video of our attempt...

fishnfool73
AMBASSADOR to the... BF FORUM

Re: Tried Kite Fishing for Bass off Swamp Buggy

Post by fishnfool73 »

I have heard of guys doing this. There was an article in FS many yeas ago about it. Pretty cool to see I am sure.
Dreaming the dream that one day I can be as good as some of the boatless pros and catch some 12 inch mangrove snapper.

EBOutdoors
Fisher

Re: Tried Kite Fishing for Bass off Swamp Buggy

Post by EBOutdoors »

fishnfool73 wrote:I have heard of guys doing this. There was an article in FS many yeas ago about it. Pretty cool to see I am sure.
Really? That's awesome. We definitely want to try it again. Don't see why it couldn't work on a windy day. Someone also suggested we try it with our drone.

Return to “Freshwater Pics: Any fish caught in freshwater.”