Large Mouths Out of My Honey Hole

Please let us know the tackle you used, the artificial or bait, and your technique. Please post pictures with you, fish, and tackle if possible, of your fish caught after November 1, 2006.
lunkstar
Fisher

Large Mouths Out of My Honey Hole

Post by lunkstar »

Pulled over 100 fish out of here since the new year. Mostly been using 8" Gambler Flapping Tails black and blue or june bug color. The first big one (24" long with 18" girth, approx. 8.45lbs, largest fish to date) was caught using a fluke on a 3/0 hook in late February around 9am. Short fight, was sight fishing. Second large one (23" long with 17" girth, approx. 7.5lbs) was caught a few weeks later around the same time in the same area on a KVD Sexy Frog, brown/black, from Wally World. The 7.5 pounder was the absolute first fish I landed on my new combo, 7ft Star Rod Stella Light Med/Hev with Shimano Stradic FJ4000 on 10lb mono. Had about 10+ hits before her with no hook set, wasn't used to the new combo. What a way to christen my new baby! Was a great fight too, wasn't ripping her in like most frog fishermen. All released quickly and safely, I remove all the barbs before casting out.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PhishingPhanatic
BLACK FIN TUNA

Re: Large Mouths Out of My Honey Hole

Post by PhishingPhanatic »

Nice bass :toast:

Floridahogfish
Old Salt

Post by Floridahogfish »

Those are some toads
Team Ruff Around The Edges
"Make Money Take Money"

lunkstar
Fisher

Post by lunkstar »

Thanks guys. Looking forward to reeling in a 10+ pounder one of these days :reeling:

Username28
KING MACKEREL

Post by Username28 »

OINK OINK :pig: :pig: :pig: :pig:
There is a fine line between Love & Hate.Hate is pushing them off a ledge. Loving them means you don't taunt them after you've pushed them off.

Return to “Freshwater Pics: Any fish caught in freshwater.”