My major haul from today 3/3/13

Please let us know the tackle you used, the artificial or bait, and your technique. Please post pictures with you, fish, and tackle if possible, of your fish caught after November 1, 2006.
nschaff20
Fisher

My major haul from today 3/3/13

Post by nschaff20 »

Fished a brand new spot today thats the definition of a honey hole. Caught 8-10 bass, 4 or 5 cichlids, 1 catfish, and 3 massive bluegill.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
:reeling:
-N

nschaff20
Fisher

Re: My major haul from today 3/3/13

Post by nschaff20 »

i wear a size 15 shoe, so that bass was long
-N

fishnfool73
AMBASSADOR to the... BF FORUM

Post by fishnfool73 »

That's a great catch from top to bottom. I'd keep that spot a secret if you released everything.
Dreaming the dream that one day I can be as good as some of the boatless pros and catch some 12 inch mangrove snapper.

Username28
KING MACKEREL

Post by Username28 »

fishnfool73 wrote:That's a great catch from top to bottom. I'd keep that spot a secret if you released everything.
:stupid: :stupid: :salut: :salut:
There is a fine line between Love & Hate.Hate is pushing them off a ledge. Loving them means you don't taunt them after you've pushed them off.

Signguy
Weekend Warrior

Post by Signguy »

Nice fish. I Always tell newcomers to fish the pond right behind the house, or in the subdivision, and I always get strange looks. Myself, I dislike subdivisions, cause I kinda feel like a creeper, being so close to peoples windows and all. Now, a Business park? Let me at em. Would never consider keeping one out of my kind of ponds, but hey, a fish is a fish. I do have a question tho. You called the one fish a cichlid, I thought it was an Oscar. I looked at Wiki, It was no help. Any help to know the difference?
A true fisherman approaches the first day of fishing much
as a child approaches Christmas, with the eager
anticipation, sleepless nights, making of lists,
and the anticipating of pleasure.

nschaff20
Fisher

Post by nschaff20 »

It's properly called a Mayan Cichlid, as there are many types of Cichlid fish.

http://m.myfwc.com/wildlifehabitats/pro ... reshwater/

I use this website for all identification and it's got good pictures and info. Definitely not an Oscar though.
Signguy wrote:Nice fish. I Always tell newcomers to fish the pond right behind the house, or in the subdivision, and I always get strange looks. Myself, I dislike subdivisions, cause I kinda feel like a creeper, being so close to peoples windows and all. Now, a Business park? Let me at em. Would never consider keeping one out of my kind of ponds, but hey, a fish is a fish. I do have a question tho. You called the one fish a cichlid, I thought it was an Oscar. I looked at Wiki, It was no help. Any help to know the difference?
-N

PhishingPhanatic
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by PhishingPhanatic »

Yep nice haul, that is a huge mayan. Cool to see the bluegill too, there aren't too many of them in south FL anymore since all of the exotics have come.

krash
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by krash »

Nice catch there, ponds are great if you have access to one fish it.
Actually a Peacock Bass is also in the Ciclid family
SW, Live to Fish, Have Tackle will travel ... >,)))~> ~~~~

migs24
Old Salt

Post by migs24 »

Very nice set and that's a nice sized blue gill.. You really don't see too many big ones anymore unless its a stocked private pond. Can't remember the last time I saw a 2lb'r.

Return to “Freshwater Pics: Any fish caught in freshwater.”