GSP Pier Fishing Reports 2011

This area is for all of Alabama
BoatlessFisherman
Fisherman - Owner - Administrator

GSP Pier Fishing Reports 2011

Post by BoatlessFisherman »

Put them here, Thanks
-Tommy A-

click, click, click, Fish ON - Over, Under, Over, Under Get out of my Way. Sound familiar.

bigboyjames11
Old Salt

Re: GSP Pier Fishing Reports 2011

Post by bigboyjames11 »

Me and my gf went down to Gulf Shores a few weeks ago. Pretty excited due to the fact that 2 weeks before we went down they landed a pier record 170+ kings in one day and then 90+ the next day. :reeling: Got in late sunday night and planed to do a little sight seeing the next day but got lost and found the pier a little earlier than expected. With no rods we took a short walk on the pier. While we were there there was a nice 15lb king caught and decked. My gf got excited and wanted to go back to the hotel room and get our fishing stuff. Loaded up the rods, pier cart and coolers into our midsize rental car :roll: gotta love rentals and headed to a local tackle shop for some leader and hooks. Ended up spending close to $400, had to get her new glasses and cloths to get her to fit in on the pier. Got there around 4pm and tried fishing in the shallowd for a little while with not to much to show for it other than a few big lady fish. Headed to the end which by the way seems like a freaking mile and got a cigar minnow in the water. Almost instandly hooked up to a big bull shark. Once I knew it wasnt a king I let the gf take the rod and land her first shark. Ended the day on the octagon with 2 sliced cigs and no kings. Headed to the shallows again anf ended up getting a few catfish and a flounder.

Rest of the trip was great with a good amount of flounder, sheepshead and one speck. Not to bad for a 4 day trip and not fishing saltwater for almost 3 yrs. The entire time we were there the wind was crazy, blowing 20-30mph and pretty good surf. The day we left we took a walk on the pier and there was no wind, great water color and kings being landed. Almost stayed another night but it being Memorial day weekend it was going to be hard and expensive to find a hotel. It's amazing to see how the fishing is different from south florida. Image

[IMImageG]http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff86 ... 011138.jpg[/IMG]
only the big and strong survive

regulator70
Seasoned Fisher

Re: GSP Pier Fishing Reports 2011

Post by regulator70 »

i will make a late summer trek over there for the fall king run.

Return to “Alabama”