FWC number for the Keys

Boatless Fishing Reports for Monroe County, Florida Keys
PhishingPhanatic
BLACK FIN TUNA

FWC number for the Keys

Post by PhishingPhanatic »

After seeing yet another person keeping baby mangroves this weekend and getting a busy signal when calling FWC, I emailed them yesterday to see whats up. They gave me this alternate number, it is the FWC field office for Monroe County.

WhoDey
KING MACKEREL

Post by WhoDey »

The guy (and girl) throwing 6" grovers on the bridge to bake in the sun was about as stupid as it gets. Good work on the number, stored in the cell phone now.

james380
........POST HO........... "I post for FREE"

Post by james380 »

Come on WhoDey you guys could have tossed the fahqers over. The people not the fish..
"Political correctness is tyranny with manners."
- Charlton Heston
"Truth is treason in an empire of lies." - Ron Paul
In the beginning god created Evolution.

PhishingPhanatic
BLACK FIN TUNA

We actually discussed that, then came to the consensus that we probably shouldn't be messing with guys that are covering in gang tattoos and may or may not be packing heat.

baitwetter
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by baitwetter »

Thanks PP! Saved on my phone.
Sad to be sitting out this years Shorebound Shark Tourney due to work issues. Good luck to all that participate!!!

WhoDey
KING MACKEREL

Post by WhoDey »

james380 wrote:Come on WhoDey you guys could have tossed the fahqers over. The people not the fish..
A fish isn't worth getting my skull pounded in by some guy who looked like he just out of federal pound me in the ass prison.

james380

Post by james380 »

lol well you said guy and girl so I was just guessing not a rough and tumble couple.

But ya I hear you on not wanting to get you skull pounded.
- Charlton Heston

gonesharkfishin'
Old Salt

Post by gonesharkfishin' »

carry a baseball bat out on the bridges with you :wink:
Got Sharks?

PhishingPhanatic
BLACK FIN TUNA

I carry frequently at the bridges too (have my CWP) especially if I'm doing an overnighter by myself, not this time though because I knew we would be drinking beer and I never mix booze and guns.

james380

Post by james380 »

lol if I carried i'd be shooting alot of poachers. :wink:

I was searching for bait late friday night around WPB. Pulled over on a bridge and notice a guy pullin' in a snook. Looked too big. I asked if he was going to put a stick on him and he said oh he looks slot. So I called FWC got right thru and even had one in the area. Unfortunately by the time he got there the d|cks had already put the snook in their truck and taken off. FWC said that was the 2nd one he had missed in the last 30 minutes.

F*cking frustrating man.
- Charlton Heston

NICK123
KING MACKEREL

Post by NICK123 »

you would try to shoot fish james :lol:

james380

Post by james380 »

lol Nick.
- Charlton Heston

NICK123
KING MACKEREL

Post by NICK123 »

speachless huh :lol:

james380

Post by james380 »

lol ya i sat there for a minute trying to come up with something clever, but it just wasn't happening. Congrats on that. Doesn't happen often.
- Charlton Heston

NICK123
KING MACKEREL

Post by NICK123 »

yea i am still laughing at you and Logan fighting at the pier when you called him a little flamer so it's a hollow victory :lol:

CowboyJustin
Old Salt

Post by CowboyJustin »

Dispatch for Miami FWC is 305 470 6863

Green Tide
SHARKER

Re: FWC number for the Keys

Post by Green Tide »

met officer David robison when i was down there during the September clean up. said he works ch 2 and south. his cell number is 386-965-6951. probably under 30 yrs old 6ft tall and black hair. you can try him next time.
saw him write one guy 600 in fines for small snaps and grouper. another guy walked away from his stuff so they confiscated all tackle,coolers and other equipment.

You shoulda been here yesterday!!!

james380

Post by james380 »

Hell yes. That's what I like to hear.
- Charlton Heston

DonOne
Seasoned Fisher

Post by DonOne »

Green Tide wrote:met officer David robison when i was down there during the September clean up. said he works ch 2 and south. his cell number is 386-965-6951. probably under 30 yrs old 6ft tall and black hair. you can try him next time.
Green Tide - Can you confirm that number, is it 386 or 786 ? I intend to save it also.

Green Tide
SHARKER

Post by Green Tide »

dude
the guy freely hands his card out and walks around with his name on his chest. the description was to help jog a persons mind if they see him.

You shoulda been here yesterday!!!

bolo
USER BANNED

Post by bolo »

Green Tide wrote:dude
the guy freely hands his card out and walks around with his name on his chest. the description was to help jog a persons mind if they see him.
:stupid: They want their presence know. FWC, Sheriffs, and I believe DOE (these guys wear grey and black) always in constant rotation checking the bridges.
The Judge asked the prostitute, "At what point did you realize you were raped?"
The prostitute replied (wiping away tears), "When the check bounced."

snook spy
Weekend Warrior

Post by snook spy »

While on Long Key bridge yesterday I watched a guy keep a black grouper no bigger than 10 inches. I walked down and told him that they where out of season and that it was too short if they where in season. He told me he didnt care and leave me alone. So I did, then after watching him stuff another short grouper in the cooler I decided to call Fwc. The number posted at the top of this thread is not a valid number, so I saw where green tide had posted a number for officer David so I called him. After confirming it was him and he was on duty I told him what I saw. He then laughed and hung up. I tried to call him back but his phone was now turned off. I left him a message with my number but nothing. I was there for another 8 hours and no fwc officers showed up. The guy ended up keeping 5 short groupers. I dont think I will ever call fwc again after this experience

25&3tonsofhim
Fisher

Post by 25&3tonsofhim »

snook spy wrote:While on Long Key bridge yesterday I watched a guy keep a black grouper no bigger than 10 inches. I walked down and told him that they where out of season and that it was too short if they where in season. He told me he didnt care and leave me alone. So I did, then after watching him stuff another short grouper in the cooler I decided to call Fwc. The number posted at the top of this thread is not a valid number, so I saw where green tide had posted a number for officer David so I called him. After confirming it was him and he was on duty I told him what I saw. He then laughed and hung up. I tried to call him back but his phone was now turned off. I left him a message with my number but nothing. I was there for another 8 hours and no fwc officers showed up. The guy ended up keeping 5 short groupers. I dont think I will ever call fwc again after this experience
years ago i was shark fishing at BC Pass Bridge and there was a boat under the bridge sharkin as well, they hooked and fought a big fish, turned out to be a Goliath Grouper.I heard them talking saying it was a Goliath, they then drift their boat away from the bridge so no one could see them.The next 10 minutes these guys speed off in a hurry.I went down to the nearest boat ramp where I saw one boat trailer and recognized the boat trailering up,I followed them and called FWC and all FWC was more concerned about was for me to NOT follow them. I gave them the trailer tagged number and they were a NO SHOW. :thumbdown:

jvor24
Seasoned Fisher

Post by jvor24 »

So tired of seeing all the small muttons being kept at ch2 but seeing all the responses about fwc nt showing up is concerning
Hi im jvor24 and im an addict

krash
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by krash »

It sucks but thats the way it is.. they enforce what they want or what they been told to enforce at the time. If the showed up they most likely would have just shrugged their heads and said the dude is "substinance" fishing and warn him but still do nothing.. But let them stop me while walking the banks of the C11 canal casting for fish to catch and release, ask to see my license and tell them its in my car about a mile up the bank.. they then follow me back to the car, idling along in the AC FWC SUV, and check the license and say Ok have a nice day.. and I never keep anything.
SW, Live to Fish, Have Tackle will travel ... >,)))~> ~~~~

swordfish
SHARKER

Post by swordfish »

LOL Krash,

They told me I cannot park ANYWHERE in the Keys on the RIGHT OF WAY (IE OFF the road) unless its on the other side of the poles............... My immediate response without missing a beat was that I need a lot of caulking and some air bags... I thought he didn't get it, but he ACTUALLY told me that they ONLY want boaters down there. This was close to Bud n Marys, but not the boat ramp. I was parked WAY off into the shoulder, at least 20 feet from US-1 and ONLY catch and release. At least he didn't say anything about open carrying, SOME officers HAVE NO CLUE what the laws are in our good ole SoFlo. I always feel they spend way too many resources hassling people over stupid stuff, while the poachers continue on raping EVEN as you report them.... :scold: :roll: :roll:

-Swordfish

MiamiJHK
Fisher

Post by MiamiJHK »

Yeah gets me mad every time. :mad: When I first began keys fishing and I didn't know the regulations, I used to toss the fish back or give it to someone, On my first cast, I caught a mutton and gave to some guy who measured it and kept it even though it was 14 inches, makes me face palm everytime. I hate it when u see the people catch the Nassau groupers or undersize snappers, groupers, and other fish and either cut it up for bait or keep it. But u don't want to say anything about it because who knows they probably have a knife. Well that's it

Return to “Monroe County”