Onshore here

This is the area where you may introduce yourself and let others know a little about you.
onshore
Seasoned Fisher

Onshore here

Post by onshore »

My username on northeast web sites has been Onshore for as long as I can remember so, I guess I'll keep it here too.

I moved to Melbourne in July from Cape Cod. Been visiting my son here and fishing for the last 10 years. I retired 4 years ago but spent the last four on Cape Cod looking for my first 50 pound Striper. No, I didn't ge it.
Forty-two from the surf was my best.

I grew up in Gloucester, MA and started surfcasting when I was 10. I've never stopped but picked up SW flyfishing about 15 years ago and a kayak about the same time.

Now, I'm getting warmed up for the Mullet run in the surf and really looking forward to it. Took my first surf Tarpon (on flyrod) last week and have found quite a few Snook. Favorite Florida fish to catch - Tarpon. Favorite to eat - no question, it's Pompano.

I've been lurking here for a week or two and decided to join a few days ago. I'll be posting mainly on the Brevard County forum about my adventures on Melbourne Beach, Sebastian Inlet and the IRL.

Bill
Bill
Beach & Bay Inspector

Return to “Who are you? Introduce yourself here:”