The adventure begins. Again!

This is area is for Boat Caught Fish reports and Pics, understanding that we sometimes fish on Boats please post this type of report and pics here
Rare
SHARKER

Re: The adventure begins. Again!

Post by Rare »

You don't need to buy the gear. The gear is on the boat for a small fee. The trip father and son, that was their first time doing a YFT trip.

crashmister
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by crashmister »

That's true, you can use the gear on the boat, and usually they don't charge you unless you need virtually everything. That said, spending that kind of money just to get in the arena, do you really want to use boat gear on world class fish? All the boats rely on oversized reels packed with 150 and up, and high end rods.
Calstars mostly with a few Phoenix rods as well. Difference is, all my gear is fresh from services and packed with brand new line.
Boat gear, mostly Accurate ATD's and big Penn's with a few okumas now. No clue when the last time any of
this gear was serviced. It's all high end gear but it's beat on hard. It works but I would be reluctant to rely on it.
Don't take much skill to drag in a big fish on and 80wide with 200 pound braid. The guy who got the super on 80 pound line, now that's an accomplishment! if he was fishing a boat rig, it was for wahoo. The boats tuna gear starts at 100 pound and goes up.

And yeah Rich, hook pulls are becoming more rare thanks to fine tuned drag systems, and better hook designs. But it's still an easy mistake to over drag on hookup and pull the hook, or put just a little to much pressure on them. God made drag washers for a reason, let em do their job. Last trip there were more line breaks than hook pulls by far. Betting that had more to do with line damage in some of the epic tangles we had. While untangling everything, the excess line is on the deck of rocking boat being stepped on over and over. Bound to cause problems.
Nice Boat! Now get it outa my driveway!

kblue
SHARKER

Post by kblue »

Kingofthesea wrote:Rare...I was actually shooting the chit with those two at the dock before they left. Both said they have done this before and they were pretty cranked to get going. Especially, with the slaughter laying all over the dock. I'm interested in getting Joeys take on the trip after reading Pats report. I found interesting his comment that he doesn't lose fish ANYMORE because of drag problems and (here's the killer) that hook pulls are history. Sounds to me this is not stupid "hang on" crank fishing like towing in a hammerhead. Plus, I ran the numbers regarding the cost of the equipment required to play with these fish!!!! Unless you plan to fish big tuna for the next 19 years the expenditure cannot be justified and you know where I'm goin with that (tommy
I will build some rat rods!!! in return, you send 200LB YFT and we will have sushi boatless party ... I will use triple strong thread your granddaughter doing on kite... Thread will be thicker than other but it means strong and never broke... Guides will be a little misaligned but hey nobody will know... :toast:

Rare
SHARKER

Post by Rare »

Not sure how well they keep their gear but im sure at that price tag its well kept. I hope...just ASSuming here. Ive seen good reports mostly on excel and few others using their gear & catching fish...but the reason i won't use it...if i use their gear it wont feel like my fish.

Its awesome when you get your custom rod, reel, line, leader etc put it all together and catch a nice fish. Thats just me not sure about anyone else.

STRIZ
KING MACKEREL

Post by STRIZ »

Brah you heard?

Phenix huh?

Wish I could build one for ya but with all research of our carriers and the reluctance of my brother in law to use the contacts I just could not keep the price on a acceptable limit for the parts.

You know I would have built a cow catcher straight or acid and oh so blue

So sorry I cant do it for you.
KEEP YOUR HEAD UP HIGH
EVEN WHEN THE NECK IS DIRTY

kblue
SHARKER

Post by kblue »

STRIZ wrote:Brah you heard?

Phenix huh?

Wish I could build one for ya but with all research of our carriers and the reluctance of my brother in law to use the contacts I just could not keep the price on a acceptable limit for the parts.

You know I would have built a cow catcher straight or acid and oh so blue

So sorry I cant do it for you.
What length ?
I think the rod may have to be short to minimize physical consumption... then you could ship... :toast:

Kingofthesea
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Kingofthesea »

Rare wrote:..............if i use their gear it wont feel like my fish.
When I used your gear at Channel 2 when you were sleeping they felt like my fish. (tommy
Those old queen slave owners that wrote our Constitution 200 years ago were brilliant.

"Every four years Americans get the President they deserve".

crashmister
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by crashmister »

Last report from Chris, they were in 20 knot winds & big seas heading uphill. They were shooting for a 9:00 am arrival. Should be hearing from him shortly.

Rare
SHARKER

Post by Rare »

Good deal!!! Tks, Pat :toast:

Rare
SHARKER

Post by Rare »

Just missed a called from, Joe. They are in range or at the docks. Welcome home

Rare
SHARKER

Post by Rare »

Just talked to, Joe. About 40mins to 1hr ...RR3 hits the docks.

kblue
SHARKER

Post by kblue »

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

crashmister
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by crashmister »

Yeah. They're docking now.

Rare
SHARKER

Post by Rare »

Gonna start uploading some pics, thanks to, Dik!. Kind of funny if you think about it like it was meant to be. Dik moving to Kali and now we have connections over there and get first drop of the these pics. (tommy In today's news dik found out the "hang out" has video call. :P

Rare
SHARKER

Post by Rare »

Rare
SHARKER

Post by Rare »

Imageg
Last edited by Rare on Wed Dec 23, 2015 6:16 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Rare
SHARKER

Post by Rare »

Even Manny Pacquiao came to see the fish!!

Rare
SHARKER

Post by Rare »

Now, this guy!!! :toast: :toast: :toast: :toast: :toast: :toast: :toast: :toast: :toast:

Green Tide
SHARKER

Post by Green Tide »

Nice pics of nice fish. Thanks for posting Rare

You shoulda been here yesterday!!!

Kingofthesea
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Kingofthesea »

I just got home and I'm thinking the guys are asleep in warm stationary beds right now. The stories are all theirs to tell....Im just reporting they are back, they are safe and none the worse for wear.

Joey didn't get an official "cow" and lost the bet so he had to shave the beard!!!! I took this shot of the Boatless three of them after the trim. Ronnie is it the sour diesel or is friggin GK half the size without the beard? Can he still be a cracker redneck at that size? But I was glad to see that ugly mug again.
image.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Those old queen slave owners that wrote our Constitution 200 years ago were brilliant.

Kingofthesea
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Kingofthesea »

Rare wrote:Now, this guy!!! :toast: :toast: :toast: :toast: :toast: :toast: :toast: :toast: :toast:
:uplol: :uplol: :uplol: Rare is Joey gonna love my new idea for my avatar or what? Lol. He see this guy in his dreams now.

gdm phil
SHARKER

Post by gdm phil »

do they get any blue fin over there?
Philthy sport fishing
Come get philthy!
561-542-2515
Affordable offshore trips fir the boat less fishermen

Kingofthesea
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Kingofthesea »

Thank you Dik :reeling:
image.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

permitchaser
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by permitchaser »

Kingofthesea wrote:
Rare wrote:Now, this guy!!! :toast: :toast: :toast: :toast: :toast: :toast: :toast: :toast: :toast:
:uplol: :uplol: :uplol: Rare is Joey gonna love my new idea for my avatar or what? Lol. He see this guy in his dreams now.

that's Joe nightmare right there :mrgreen: very nice idea KOTS

Rare
SHARKER

Post by Rare »

Kingofthesea wrote:Rare is Joey gonna love my new idea for my avatar or what?
Funny stuff, i was gonna do the same....

Rare
SHARKER

Post by Rare »

gdm phil wrote:do they get any blue fin over there?
The longer trips of 8 to 12 days usually fish 300 to 1000 miles south of San Diego at such places as Uncle Sam Bank, Alijos Rocks, the 23 Fathom Bank and Thetis Bank, where the targeted specias include yellowfin tuna, bluefin tuna, big eye tuna, yellowtail, wahoo and dorado.
From the reports average is about 100lb and under but 200plus can be caught and so on. The big boys are in our coast.

Kingofthesea
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Kingofthesea »

Joe-eeeeeeeeee

anas473
Seasoned Fisher

Post by anas473 »

Did any of you guys use an 8.5 or 9ft rod on this trip and, if so, how did you transport them from Florida?

gruntking
LUMBER-JACK

Post by gruntking »

My spinner is 8/6 I actually made a pretty decent case I'll post a couple pics when I get it back
fishman joe fb fishmanjoe instagram
YOU CAN CALL ME CAPTAIN

STRIZ
KING MACKEREL

Post by STRIZ »

That lill guy seems to be hardcore

Cool beans you all rocked the boat.

Redneck no beard? Dang SoFlo off limits now lol.

Awesome guys
KEEP YOUR HEAD UP HIGH
EVEN WHEN THE NECK IS DIRTY

Return to “Boat Reports and Pics for EVERYWHERE”