5/17 report east wind= fish

This is area is for Boat Caught Fish reports and Pics, understanding that we sometimes fish on Boats please post this type of report and pics here
gdm phil
SHARKER

5/17 report east wind= fish

Post by gdm phil »

well a buddy from out of town was visiting, he used to live on singer island but moved back north. so we planned for today to be the day, hes been dying to come out since he sees my FB and IG.

We were met by 3-4 with the occasional 6s mixed in. we cleared the inlet and made to the wreck. The lunar calendar was saying its the best day of the month so I was stoked. first drop my buddy Vinny get hit a nice almaco hits the deck before 7am. we keep fishing and catch numerous Almacos and AJs. I started jigging with the horrible current and managed a nice BF. My buddys dad was fishing a dine and got nailed by a nice maybe 10# BFT. now were sitting around and my buddy gets crushed! Gaffer dolphin going nuts! he gets tight and works the fish to the boat. 20 ft from us he does a back flip and spits the hook. we moved around a lil due to the boat traffic. but came back to the usual spot. This time the bite was on I got hit by something big. line starts peeling. I start wenching the boss of the house in and the fight dies...... I ended up pulling up a big ass AJ head lol. well everyone has to pay the tax man. all in all a awesome day with some friends who I don't see to often.

The jig clinic is going to be good I just have a feeling guys so come correct.

Philthy sport fishing
Come get philthy!
561-542-2515
Affordable offshore trips fir the boat less fishermen

kblue
SHARKER

Re: 5/17 report east wind= fish

Post by kblue »

awesome :thumleft: :thumright:

Kingofthesea
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Kingofthesea »

Phil your learning curve on Killin Time looks like the trajectory of my beloved stock in Apple. Great day
Those old queen slave owners that wrote our Constitution 200 years ago were brilliant.

"Every four years Americans get the President they deserve".

Poseidon10/31
KING MACKEREL

Post by Poseidon10/31 »

This is tuna season. They got crushed on Saturady, with 4 of em over 30#. If you can get live pilchards to chum with the big tunas will find you.

snapperfanatic18
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by snapperfanatic18 »

Great report...you guys brave those swells and still put fish in the box! Friggin beast you are...I prefer 1-3 ft seas...used to fish kings in 3-5 ft seas in my dad's 17ft whaler...talk about stumbling all over the place...lol...worse scenario was when u get cut off..that sucks major ass in those seas...great job guys!

gdm phil
SHARKER

Post by gdm phil »

snapperfanatic18 wrote:Great report...you guys brave those swells and still put fish in the box! Friggin beast you are...I prefer 1-3 ft seas...used to fish kings in 3-5 ft seas in my dad's 17ft whaler...talk about stumbling all over the place...lol...worse scenario was when u get cut off..that sucks major ass in those seas...great job guys!
I have been out prob 40 out of 52 weeks this year. there have been a few times where I thought about turning back but figured why not push on and test my boat. She handles the big waves like a champ. the worst part is prob when its really windy and you get sprayed. other members will tell ya we have been out in 3-5 with much bigger rollers comming threw. we have been looking at walls of water before but fished on!
Philthy sport fishing
Come get philthy!
561-542-2515

gdm phil
SHARKER

Post by gdm phil »

we prob threw back 4-5 almacos and AJs.
Philthy sport fishing
Come get philthy!
561-542-2515

snapperfanatic18
GOLIATH GROUPER

Idk how u guys do it, but u manage...once you get wet, it's like f-it, we're already here..lol...and I agree...ur boat takes those rollers really well if you fish on...walls of water are pretty scary...lol as long as u know what ur doing, you'll be fine! Fish on, love your reports....can't wait to see your bottom fishing reports if you do any.

gdm phil
SHARKER

Post by gdm phil »

snapperfanatic18 wrote:Idk how u guys do it, but u manage...once you get wet, it's like f-it, we're already here..lol...and I agree...ur boat takes those rollers really well if you fish on...walls of water are pretty scary...lol as long as u know what ur doing, you'll be fine! Fish on, love your reports....can't wait to see your bottom fishing reports if you do any.
ask vic (keepinitreel) about the wave that came over lol, it was like someone threw a bucket of water on him.

on those 50 degree days it sucked but once you start jigging it warms up real quick.

hopefully I can get on those tails and bigger muttons this year
Philthy sport fishing
Come get philthy!
561-542-2515

snapperfanatic18
GOLIATH GROUPER

I can imagine...I got hit once with a wall of water that at the very least put over 10 gals of water in the boat...it was 4-6 in govt cut and we didn't even make it to the end of the jetty..as a matter of fact, we were right next to the pier! Lol...I told my friend to turn that friggin boat around! Mofo told me that once we pass the cut, it'll get better(crazy cuban)lol...I gave him that "I'll kill yo ass" look if he didn't turn this boat around...some things just aren't worth risking.

gdm phil
SHARKER

Post by gdm phil »

my saying is once we are out of the inlet lol
Philthy sport fishing
Come get philthy!
561-542-2515

snapperfanatic18
GOLIATH GROUPER

Hahaha...but sometimes, those inlets can be nasty, and once u make it out, it can get a lil calmer..but for the most part,(from what I've been reading) you guys haven't been getting cooperating weather...sucks, but sometimes that flat calm conditions just leads to sunburns and no fish..lol

gdm phil
SHARKER

Post by gdm phil »

look how bad boynton inlet is
Philthy sport fishing
Come get philthy!
561-542-2515

baseball4life702
KING MACKEREL

Post by baseball4life702 »

snapperfanatic18 wrote:I can imagine...I got hit once with a wall of water that at the very least put over 10 gals of water in the boat...it was 4-6 in govt cut and we didn't even make it to the end of the jetty..as a matter of fact, we were right next to the pier! Lol...I told my friend to turn that friggin boat around! Mofo told me that once we pass the cut, it'll get better(crazy cuban)lol...I gave him that "I'll kill yo ass" look if he didn't turn this boat around...some things just aren't worth risking.
That's what key biscayne is for..screw govt cut unless you got a big boy boat with multiple engines and still I see some of them having trouble. But I know up Phils way the only option is an inlet which sucks.

HJared
KING MACKEREL

Post by HJared »

gov cut is calm compared to boynton inlet in my opinion

baseball4life702
KING MACKEREL

Post by baseball4life702 »

HJared wrote:gov cut is calm compared to boynton inlet in my opinion
True, what I meant is key biscayne is maybe a mile or 2 due south of govt cut you can see it going out so for rough days and safety purposes with smaller boats it's much easier to slide out of Crandon Marina and then head north . It's just a luxury we have down here there's like 5 marinas that you can use to avoid the cut with the bay protecting you .
Have you been out govt cut on any smaller boats than we went on though? In a smaller boat like 23'-28' cc it can be really nasty.
And I did say up there it's worse cuz you only have one option the inlet which like you said is usually nasty compared to down here.

snapperfanatic18
GOLIATH GROUPER

Never been out of boynton, but I'm pretty sure you know what ur talking about...lol...most inlets are nasty on those windy days, but I've fished out of the cut when you're not even one-fourths out of it and it has nasty 5 ft rollers! And that's pretty much your heads up to turn back unless you're just that brave or have a boat that can handle them..the good thing about the cut is that depending on wind direction, u can hug the jetty to block and break the swells, but I've been out when we hit them straight up! Lol...but shorter inlets do tend to be a lil more nastier..even haulover gets a lil cranky now and then..

gdm phil
SHARKER

Post by gdm phil »

Boynton is considered more of a drainage than a inlet its surrounded by a sand bar so at low tide its nasty
Philthy sport fishing
Come get philthy!
561-542-2515

snapperfanatic18
GOLIATH GROUPER

Damn, didn't know that...and yes, at low tide it will be nasty..

Return to “Boat Reports and Pics for EVERYWHERE”