12/06/2014 Small bridge + SSP

Boatless Fishing reports for the Hillsborough County - Tampa Area - Also the countys of Citrus - Hernando - Pasco - Pinellas - Manatee - Sarasota - Desoto
tears143
KING MACKEREL

12/06/2014 Small bridge + SSP

Post by tears143 »

Headed out there to try to catch some sheepshead. Got some crabs on the rocks. Tide was still going out, so I tried to jig for pompano with no luck except one or two small jacks. When the tide turned, I saw that the water was a little dirty from the incoming tide.

Processed to try to catch some sheepshead, saw a guy spear fishing for them under the bridge. >.< No dive flag and not too sure it is even legal to dive at the bridge. Fished away from the guy. Managed to get two OK size sheepsdead. 14-16".
Flagged a boat down to tell him there's a guy diving process with caution... >.<

Ran out of bait(only had like 5... LOL. Move to skyway to see if I could get some macks or bonita.

Got to the end of the pier and castnet a good amount of bait. Heard from a friend there that there was no bonita and only small macks. So in the end, bait was useless and the only thing that is catching the macks is sabiki. Sometime spoons. The macks are mostly under size. Some are keeper but still small. Managed to land a keeper mango.

After that decided to call a day. Went exploring on the way back and found a place to catch some fiddler crabs for bait. Able to catch a few dozens in a couple of hours. I am ready to be back out there tomorrow to try to get my limit.

Side note... A lot of spear fisherman been getting a lot of sheepshead there... hope there will be more to catch.

snapperfanatic18
GOLIATH GROUPER

Re: 12/06/2014 Small bridge + SSP

Post by snapperfanatic18 »

nice report...i should try n do the same over here...

Return to “Central West Florida”