My 7 year old daughters first real fish

Boatless Fishing reports for the Hillsborough County - Tampa Area - Also the countys of Citrus - Hernando - Pasco - Pinellas - Manatee - Sarasota - Desoto
HumanClaymore
Seasoned Fisher

My 7 year old daughters first real fish

Post by HumanClaymore »

My daughter came with me to see a friend in Tarpon Springs. She brought her little fishing pole and wanted to fish. Despite my protests, she chose a silver spoon and wanted a piece of frozen shrimp on the end. I figured she wouldn't catch anything, but she was insistent. She cast out, and in less than 2 seconds she pulled up this nice little red. You should have seen how excited she got fighting it! Definitely an awesome moment to be a dad.
MJs Fish.jpg
This was an the Anclote Marina in Tarpon Springs last weekend. There were fish all through the river system there. Unless the weather change this week messed it all up, I recommend taking a 'yak or small craft out ad trying your luck.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Do the truffle shuffle!

gruntking
LUMBER-JACK

Re: My 7 year old daughters first real fish

Post by gruntking »

real nice bro
fishman joe fb fishmanjoe instagram
YOU CAN CALL ME CAPTAIN

swordfish
SHARKER

Post by swordfish »

Awesome! I love how her persistence was rewarded, this builds confidence, and honestly, if you are FULLY confident in what you are fishing with, it WILL catch fish 7 times our of 10. Good stuff! Keep keep her interested in fishing!

-Swordfish

HumanClaymore
Seasoned Fisher

Post by HumanClaymore »

Thanks, guys. My 6 year loves fishing (she caught a few small grovers that day), but my eldest never really took interest until she caught this red. Now they both want to fish all the time, which is fine by me :)
Do the truffle shuffle!

Return to “Central West Florida”