Peacocks, Snakeheads, Clown Knifefish

This area is for your Freshwater Reports for Florida.
firetiger
Weekend Warrior

Peacocks, Snakeheads, Clown Knifefish

Post by firetiger »

Guys,
It has been years since we have had so many freshwater fishing options! I have caught and seen snakeheads as far north as Boynton. Peacocks are in all the canals in Palm Beach county and Knifefish are being caught in Lake Ida and connected canals. I wonder why no one is posting freshwater reports???
This week I caught a nice make Peacock in Lake Osborn under the 6th avenue bridge. I caught snakeheads behind Costco in Boca. Almost every canal I fished in PB county has Peacocks and bass. I haven't caught so many and such a variety in years. I even found Jaguar Guapote in a canal in Boynton.
Tight lines!
Firetiger

cantseeme47
KING MACKEREL

Re: Peacocks, Snakeheads, Clown Knifefish

Post by cantseeme47 »

firetiger wrote:Guys,
It has been years since we have had so many freshwater fishing options! I have caught and seen snakeheads as far north as Boynton. Peacocks are in all the canals in Palm Beach county and Knifefish are being caught in Lake Ida and connected canals. I wonder why no one is posting freshwater reports???
This week I caught a nice make Peacock in Lake Osborn under the 6th avenue bridge. I caught snakeheads behind Costco in Boca. Almost every canal I fished in PB county has Peacocks and bass. I haven't caught so many and such a variety in years. I even found Jaguar Guapote in a canal in Boynton.

That's a good sign that Palm Beach has that many varieties hopefully it continues I really don't think we're ever going to getanother bad freeze to hurt those populations
Be not afraid of greatness: some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon them.

firetiger
Weekend Warrior

Re: Peacocks, Snakeheads, Clown Knifefish

Post by firetiger »

My limited understanding of weather science is limited to what i read on the NOAA website. They state we are in a La Niña winter and that means warmer temperatures and hopefully less chance of a fish killing freeze.
Tight lines!
Firetiger

Return to “Freshwater Florida Reports”