2/15/15

This area is for your Freshwater Reports for Florida.
grouperking
Old Salt

2/15/15

Post by grouperking »

went out again to the lake next to my house and didnt catch anything until around 4. Was using watermelon trickworm with 1oz lead and gamakatzu 2/0. At 4 I started relling the bait in really slowly and i guess thats what the bass were into today ( was hopping it the whole time before) and caught a 22in and a 17 in bass. ( dont have a weight measurer thingy cuz im too cheap :roll: :roll:

gdm phil
SHARKER

Re: 2/15/15

Post by gdm phil »

nice fish and good day on the lake
Philthy sport fishing
Come get philthy!
561-542-2515
Affordable offshore trips fir the boat less fishermen

cvstrat
FORUM CHEF "RETIRED"

Post by cvstrat »

You might wanna try a watermelon senko to cover more of the water column. Just cast it out and let it drift downward slowly. Gotta be careful though sometimes it's impossible to tell when you get a bite so they'll inhale it. Just watch for your line moving.

Doubles
Weekend Warrior

Post by Doubles »

Where is this lake exactly? j/k

:happyfisherman:

grouperking
Old Salt

Post by grouperking »

Lol the lake is in a public park called Larry and Penny Thompson park just dont try to fish the Pier and watch out for the patrol dude :pistols:

grouperking
Old Salt

Post by grouperking »

cvstrat wrote:You might wanna try a watermelon senko to cover more of the water column. Just cast it out and let it drift downward slowly. Gotta be careful though sometimes it's impossible to tell when you get a bite so they'll inhale it. Just watch for your line moving.
I've tried that before but with a black/red curly tail and ive gotten some nice hits the only problem is that they swallow the bait so I stopped doing that.

Return to “Freshwater Florida Reports”