Canal along Sawgrass between Wiles and Commerical-Tarpon

This area is for your Freshwater Reports for Florida.
firetiger
Weekend Warrior

Canal along Sawgrass between Wiles and Commerical-Tarpon

Post by firetiger »

Hey fellow fishers,
For what is it worth I have been fishing this canal to see what I could come up with. Have caught several baby bass but last week I had a Tarpon chase and bump my soft belly swimbait several times before he got spooked. Later in the day I moved south of the Atlantic spillway where the canal narrows and another Tarpon grabbed my swimbait near the bank and snapped my 35lb. braid like nothing. Went back this Monday but nothing.
NOTE-the people who use this area are leaving all their litter behind. It is a real eyesore.
Tight lines!
Firetiger

swordfish
SHARKER

Re: Canal along Sawgrass between Wiles and Commerical-Tarpon

Post by swordfish »

Thx firetiger... When ppl do this, soon after you end up seeing a no fishing sign! This is the main issue in most of Miami-Dade and the reason I HAVE to driver North, South, or West...

-swordfish

DigiCowboy
Weekend Warrior

Post by DigiCowboy »

swordfish wrote:Thx firetiger... When ppl do this, soon after you end up seeing a no fishing sign! This is the main issue in most of Miami-Dade and the reason I HAVE to driver North, South, or West...

-swordfish
:stupid: :stupid:

krash
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by krash »

Some people are pigs and ruin it for all .... can't say I blame the property owners.

I used to fish a very good spot, off the beaten path, that a few others knew about also, then a development popped up on one side of the canal, anf soon aftre that fences went up, the aholes toer down part to get in and fish, trash got worse.. then signs went up, "No Tresspassing" & "No Fishing" by order of HOA xyz, then came the cops as the resident commando's started calling.. now its just not worth the trouble dealing with the security guards and the cops.
SW, Live to Fish, Have Tackle will travel ... >,)))~> ~~~~

krash
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by krash »

miguel456 wrote:Its usually the less experienced and ignorant fishermen that trash a spot.They dont understand the damage they create,but when thier spots start having no fishing signs posted they will learn for sure.
They never learn, they just seem to move on a trash a new spot... its part of their up-bringing
SW, Live to Fish, Have Tackle will travel ... >,)))~> ~~~~

DigiCowboy
Weekend Warrior

Post by DigiCowboy »

I HATE fishing down a nice looking canal/lake, etc an seeing cans and trash floating around. Really pisses me off. Really takes away that temporary imaginary feeling of being away from it all :nopity:

Return to “Freshwater Florida Reports”