Tarpon on the YOYO

Yak Fishing Reports from around the State of Florida
Poseidon10/31
KING MACKEREL

Tarpon on the YOYO

Post by Poseidon10/31 »

I finally had a chance to get on the yak in the last 2 weeks. Been so busy fishing, I haven't had a chance to fish on my own. Being that my freezer is so packed with tuna and dorado, the two chances i had to fish I went inshore. I think I'd rather catch tarpon on the yoyo than a 50lb mahi on a pole. It's just too boring to drift a sole gog on the yoyo offshore. I always end up getting distracted by tuna or something, start jigging and miss a bite on the yoyo.

Anyways, I'm fishing my favorite spot, Gov Cut on SoBe. Beach launch, live mullet, 60 Momoi. Catch em up guys!

gruntking
LUMBER-JACK

Re: Tarpon on the YOYO

Post by gruntking »

nice bud but im really starting to think your spending way to much time around the cubans of miami
fishman joe fb fishmanjoe instagram
YOU CAN CALL ME CAPTAIN

Poseidon10/31
KING MACKEREL

Post by Poseidon10/31 »

gruntking wrote:nice bud but im really starting to think your spending way to much time around the cubans of miami
Na, it's super fun on the yoyo. Not to mention, way harder. If I start using it to catch grunts for dinner, then you'll know it's Cuban influence. lol :jester:

swordfish
SHARKER

Post by swordfish »

HA, pretty funny.

I think he just read the old man and the sea once too many times. :eye: :eye: :eye: Either way, it is something no one else is doing SOO, it is original man vs beast. I REALLY want to see you nail a sail or a big king on the yo yo though!

-Swordfish

Poseidon10/31
KING MACKEREL

Post by Poseidon10/31 »

swordfish wrote:HA, pretty funny.

I think he just read the old man and the sea once too many times. :eye: :eye: :eye: Either way, it is something no one else is doing SOO, it is original man vs beast. I REALLY want to see you nail a sail or a big king on the yo yo though!

-Swordfish
I've had 2 sails on, but they came up jumping towards me and were able to spit the took before I got tight. I don't get that good of a retrieve rate with the yoyo... Go figure these sails swam north unlike every other sail, if they swam south like I was planning I would have gotten the hook set.

cudaman
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by cudaman »

As always, nice video and very entertaining. :toast:

swordfish
SHARKER

Post by swordfish »

True... I want some spiderman and barbie reel landings though! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

-Swordfish

Poseidon10/31
KING MACKEREL

Post by Poseidon10/31 »

swordfish wrote:True... I want some spiderman and barbie reel landings though! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

-Swordfish
I had a tarpon leadered on the Spidey rod. Maybe I'll take it snookin in the am.

gdm phil
SHARKER

Post by gdm phil »

swordfish wrote:HA, pretty funny.

-Swordfish
hows a week from sat sound?
Philthy sport fishing
Come get philthy!
561-542-2515
Affordable offshore trips fir the boat less fishermen

permitchaser
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by permitchaser »

Poseidon are you sure you are not Cuban? :toast: all that in a yak amazing. :dude:

SaltyDog
KING MACKEREL

Post by SaltyDog »

Nice videos as usual bra :toast: looks like the poon in the 2nd video has a bite mark :shock:

permitchaser
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by permitchaser »

Scottyo wussup meng?

Return to “Florida State Yak Fishing Reports”