Kayak off Deering Estates

Yak Fishing Reports from around the State of Florida
richyrich929
Fisher

Kayak off Deering Estates

Post by richyrich929 »

Weather has been beautiful down here so decided to load up the kayak with my brother and hit up Deering estates. Didn't have much success on the yak getting to Chicken key with live shrimp (small mangrove snappers and grunts) and so decided to wade around Chicken Key and stretch out our legs. Ended up catching quite a few cudas and a couple of snappers. My brother used the rest of the shrimp for the ones he caught and I used a hard plastic lure that caught both pictured below.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Canal
Weekend Warrior

Re: Kayak off Deering Estates

Post by Canal »

Ive been having some decent hook ups just south of there behind the Pal. Bay town hall center and that little island behind the Deering mansion on an incoming tide.

Went by foot to the people's dock yesterday morning and saw 2 small black tips. 3-4 ft.
it was super flat and clear.
To Each, Their Own.

cantseeme47
KING MACKEREL

Post by cantseeme47 »

See any bonefish?
Be not afraid of greatness: some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon them.

richyrich929
Fisher

Post by richyrich929 »

it was my first time there. This past week it was super calm and clear. Il make sure to check the area around a little more and I didn't notice any bone fish. That would be awesome.

krash
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by krash »

The water is almost always "gin" clear as they say. If you want Snapper fish around the little island right at Deering in the channel, or the channel that comes out of Cutler bay area.
SW, Live to Fish, Have Tackle will travel ... >,)))~> ~~~~

richyrich929
Fisher

Post by richyrich929 »

Thanks for the info. Il give it a try next time. My brother would really enjoy that. Im usually the one testing out the lures. Thanks again

Canal
Weekend Warrior

Post by Canal »

Havent seen any bones. Went out again a few days ago and saw a shark , idk what type, crawling on its belly on some flats there. Fins were out of the water maybe 6 or 7 ft long. Thought it was coo
?
To Each, Their Own.

Return to “Florida State Yak Fishing Reports”