need advice from the pros!

Post anything relating to Kayak Fishing, if you have ideas on other topic areas lets hear'em
flsailor
Fisher

need advice from the pros!

Post by flsailor »

I am new to yak fishing and offshore fishing in general. I took my new yak offshore launching from Dania Beach twice and only caught fish trolling a rapala 10X when I was over the reef. The navionics shows a 'hot spot' off Hollywood beach at around 70 feet and in that area I caught a small amberjack while doing some vertical jigging. I trolled around the130-170 drop feet but caught nothing. Any advice will be more than welcome! Is the wreck off Port Everglades easy to find? Again, I am new and pretty clueless. If anybody is going fishing and willing to let me tag along I will pay for the drinks afterwards!!

Poseidon10/31
KING MACKEREL

Re: need advice from the pros!

Post by Poseidon10/31 »

flsailor wrote:I am new to yak fishing and offshore fishing in general. I took my new yak offshore launching from Dania Beach twice and only caught fish trolling a rapala 10X when I was over the reef. The navionics shows a 'hot spot' off Hollywood beach at around 70 feet and in that area I caught a small amberjack while doing some vertical jigging. I trolled around the130-170 drop feet but caught nothing. Any advice will be more than welcome! Is the wreck off Port Everglades easy to find? Again, I am new and pretty clueless. If anybody is going fishing and willing to let me tag along I will pay for the drinks afterwards!!
Get some live bait. There was probably 50 sailfish that looked at your Xrap and swam away. Don't get me wrong, you can catch fish on them, but right now you wanna fish off miami with live gogs, pilchards, runners or threadfins. Every charter boat is catching 10 or more sail fish on half day charters. At one point we had over a dozen fish in the spread. Fish 100-150' or same depth as the charter guys. They all talk to one another. Big AJs ate showing up too on wrecks.

flsailor
Fisher

Re: need advice from the pros!

Post by flsailor »

Thanks Poseidon! Are you talking about free lining or slow trolling?

Return to “Yak-Addict-Info and how tos”